Gavin & Stacey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ollie44
    Heatworld is reporting that there will be a 3rd series which will be shown on BBC1.
    There seems to be a lot of talk of Series 3 going to BBC1, but I assumed instead of series 2 going to BBC2 it will go to BBC1 as it was announced the other day they were only planning to do a Christmas special to tie it up.

But I would love a third series...so hope they make one especially now it's gotten so popular it would be a shame not to.

Also loved in the final ep when Smithy and Gavin were running down the hospital corridor and they fell over.
    Johnny wanted cream buns for his birthday tea...

Comment

I hope they don't move it to BBC1, I love it when shows remain a bit more "cult". Fine, show it on BBC3 then maybe BBC2 a few months later but Little Britain went shite as soon as it moved to BBC1 and Catherine Tate's last Christmas special was awful. But it is such a fantastic show it deserves a third series.

The final episode was great, loved the "Shanessa" thing and that Smithy's real name was Neil - would've never have had him down as a Neil! And then Pam said she thought he was called Colin I thought the scene where Smithy saw the baby and kissed him and Nessa was really touching, it's great then can have something like that in a comedy show and it works so well.

Comment

I just watched an episode from the first series on BBCThree...this line was hilarious.

Mick: April next year or April as in 8 weeks time?
        Gavin 8 weeks!
        Pam: It's not perfect but it's doable!!! Mick, first thing tomorrow you get onto the gold club. Oh I'll get the caterers, we'll get them people that done Dawn's Mum's funeral! That was a smashing day!

Nessa checking the woman's 10 note.

Nessa: Oh, I'm not being funny luv, but I gots to do this...and I don't know you from Adam...and he's been bad to me twice.
        (Puts on huge reading glasses and starts examining the note. Stacey walks in)
        Stacey: Nessa, I need to talk to you.
        Nessa: Oh Stace, I'm working. Wait there.
        (Continues looking at note)
        Nessa: That looks aright, luv. Fair play and you look tidy so I'm gonna let you through.
        (Gives her change)
        Nessa: Be on your way.
        (Sits smoking a cigarette while Stacey stands there watching her for about 10 seconds)
        Nessa: Aright Stace, what's occurring?

Comment

LOL, I love the way Nessa commands the conversation and just does things at her own pace.

Typical Pam as well They should do a spin-off "Pam, Big Fat Sue and No Man Jan".

Comment

He's a LEGEND.

Comment

Oh My God at this:

Big Fat Sue!!

Comment

I was way out of the loop on this one. Didn't hear about it from anyone until the whole first season was over and then in a hotel room in Belgium they were showing this marathon... I had to be up early but I couldn't turn the tv off until they were all over! Absolutely brilliant. I love Nessa.

Comment

Code:
                  Gavin and Stacey co-writers James Corden and Ruth Jones have announced there will be a third series of the hit comedy show.

They made the announcement live on stage in Barry Island, where Jones was hosting an open-air edition of her BBC Radio Wales show.

Corden, who plays Smithy in the series, said they hoped they would not let the audience and the show down.

He also said he was to present the Brits alongside Kylie Minogue.

Porthcawl-born Jones, who plays Nessa in the award-winning comedy, told the audience: "We love coming down here and filming the show.

"The people of Barry are so warm and friendly."

Meanwhile, singer Robert Plant appeared as a special guest on the radio show in Barry Island, after revealing he was a big Gavin and Stacey fan.

The ex-Led Zeppelin legend told Jones: "You've made me smile so much this last couple of years - thank you!"

The Sunday Brunch radio show made a special pre-Christmas visit to Barry Island, one of the main locations for Jones and Corden's comedy about a young couple from opposite ends of the country - south Wales and Essex.

The second series, which was first shown on BBC Three, is currently re-running on BBC One, while a Gavin and Stacey Christmas special will be shown on BBC One on 24 December at 2200 GMT.
                  Now this should be great news BUT... Little Britain and The Catherine Tate show's third series were dire in comparison, however this isn't a sketch show so it's perfectly possible it could be as good as the first two.

Comment

I can't wait for the new series - I doubt they'd let us down at all. It would of been a travesty if they didn't make one after the audience has really warmed up to the characters. I still piss myself at the repeats - potentially the best comedy series to come out of the UK in the last 5 years imo.

Comment

I just don't want it to go all dumbed down because it'll likely go straight to BBC1.

Comment

Originally posted by Thriller
                        I just don't want it to go all dumbed down because it'll likely go straight to BBC1.
                        Hell yeah I agree with that. I doubt the writers will sacrifice anything with it going to BBC1, they'd sooner not do a series than let us down.

Xmas special is on Wedsnesay - so excited, it looks wicked!

Comment

Mmm I was a bit disappointed...I don't know why, maybe it was too long.

The over use of Xmas songs was too much but there were some great bits, like Nessa as Santa "It's OK, Gav. I'm not on the register" the fight was my favourite.

"I will back you up all the way, Pam. Punch her in the face"
                          "You what"
                          "Truck driving dyke"

Oh and "What's Pete and Dawns surname?"
                          "Sutcliffe"
                          "Mum always says a Shipman never lies"

As usual everytime I watch it I just love Julia, it's like having Jill Tyrell back. She's the best thing in it.

Loved the Eastenders chat "Is Kathy dead?" "She died on Strictly"

Comment

You know, I was underwhelmed too. Some really good scenes and lines but a lot more filler than usual, it seemed less comedy and more serious like the stuff with Smithy feeling left out over baby Neil.

Dawn and Pete were brilliant though.

Comment

Just watched this, was really good! Not as funny as it could have been though. I thought Dawn and Pete were rubbish, they're better when they argue :(

Doris was amazing! "I'm f*cking tw*tted"
                              So when I speak, listen

Comment

Originally posted by martinp
                                I thought Dawn and Pete were rubbish, they're better when they argue :(
                                Yeah, I didn't understand why they were happy, like they got marriage guidance or something.

Doris cracked me up when she was saying she'd been drinking since 10 am & her boyfriend.

Comment

Oh I actually loved Dawn and Pete in that episode! Especially the argument when Pete punched Dave.

Comment

There's gonna be a special for Comic Relief with Bryn and Nessa in Vegas after winning a karaoke competition!

Comment

I am totally watching this right now

[11:30PM graveyard show here lol]
                                      Come Play: GUESS THE VIDEO!

Comment

Series 3 starts Thursday

I really hope after the Xmas special being not up to scratch it doesn't go the same way as Little Britain and Catherine Tate that had awful third series. Suppose the difference is they were sketch shows, this should hopefully be OK!

Comment

What a load of crap the first episode was!
                                          The only funny bits were the iPod box, Pam and Britain's Got Talent and any scene with Doris in it.
                                          So disappointed :(
                                          So when I speak, listen

Comment

I thought it was great! I don't agree with you about the iPod box being funny at all though It can be quite hit and miss but I did laugh through most of it. My favourite bits were Bryn singing, Doris flashing the Vs at Bryn and Nessa's dad.

Comment

There were some funny moments but I agree with Martin it was a disappointment overall. It's like they've given up on most of the jokes to try and make it more about their struggles.

"Owain Hughes? And do you?"
                                              "No I don't!"

That was funny despite actually making no sense!

Doris never disappoints, when she gave Bryn the V and said "here's your salad!" and said something like "I've just ripped into Nessa for no reason whatsoever, must be time of the month".

Smithy's sister is just a waste of time, his mum wasn't funny either. Pam was great as usual, I want to know her for real

Comment

"No I don't!"

I suspect it makes sense (in Welsh)?

Comment

Originally posted by irishguy28
                                                  "No I don't!"

I suspect it makes sense (in Welsh)?
                                                  It doesn't
                                                  So when I speak, listen

Comment

I think it's one of those jokes that isn't actually a joke but they're making everybody think it's a Welsh thing when it just means nothing at all.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X