No announcement yet.

Gavin & Stacey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, but the whole Dave finding Nessa and Smithy in the bumper cars and Mick having the "Father and son" conversation with Gavin was all a bit repetitive.

Comment

• Hmm, it didn't really bother me, it did have a few serious moments I suppose but I thought it was great!
      Check out my Top 100 of 2012 Countdown!

Comment

• I like that it ended as it started, with just the 4 of them, but it was another pretty dismal predictable episode. Glad its been put out of its misery!

Comment

• I agree.

Smithy's perfectly timed interruption of the marriage was just ridiculous, as was Stacey's perfectly timed, inconceivable pregnancy. Clichéd much.

Comment

• Oh, you misery guts, the pair of you!

I thought it was another brilliant episode! I loved the fact that there was a pause before Smithy came in and it was great that it wasn't a typical 'marry me instead' moment!

My highlights

Knocking me up an omelette for the journey like? Course! I got some onion, bit of ham, you can have cheese, tomato!
            OH! Gwen! Cut the chat I got other things on my mind right now like my forthcoming nuptials!
            Sorry love!
            Tha's okay. I'll take the ham. Genuine.

I told them, yeah, she will be as it goes. Her name's Gwen. That's you by the way, not Gwen from down Budgens.

(angrily) Who's this?
            It's your Dad, Ness!
            (cheerily) Alrigh' Dad, what's occurin', alrigh'?

And the appearances from Noel and John Prescott! I thought it was legendary and a lovely end!

Comment

• John Prescott. How grim/fabulous. It was such a lovely way to tie up the series and Nessa absolutely stole every scene. I love her and Gwen together and how she can be so rude to her because she sees her as a mum My only minor gripe is that Stacey got pregnant but you know.

Comment

• Originally posted by king_oxymoron
                And the appearances from Noel
                I thought it was Noel! I was waiting for the credits and there weren't any :(

Great episode I thought - nice how it's all been wrapped up. Loved the omlette quote and the Wedding dress:

Gwen: Now, are you sure you don't want to try it on?
                Ness: No need. If you've got the measurements right it'll be fine. If not, you'll ruin my day. Simple as.
                Without Any Meaning / We're Just Skin & Bone / Like Beautiful Robots Dancing Alone.

Comment

• I adore Gavin & Stacey but the final episode was a bit of an anti-climax. It was hugely predictable and far too short for my liking. Still, very funny, just wish there were more to it!

Comment

• I have literally just decided I adore this programme and so have watched all three series in about a week, but my god why didn't anybody tell me how goddamn hiliarous this programme is?! So many good moments!

Favourite characters are Nessa, Pam, Dawn and Doris. The funniest two moments of the whole three series IMO are the "oh... Oh.... OH!" in the arcade and the "can't you read the sign?!" welsh jibber jabber that follows it, and the other being Doris doing her impression of Nessa before the christening - "Let her come up to me as she undoubtedly will and say OH, Doris, where's the salad and I'll say "Oh, fatty, where's my cash?".

Favourite episode would be the one where they all get plastered at Pam and Mick's house. I love how similar Nessa and Smithy are with the takeaways. Even when she's on the phone to Mick and she says "I'm gonna go, this is boring me". And the whole thing about Smithy knowing Stacey is having a korma.

Basically the whole series makes me cry with laughter, Nessa is comedy gold and I want it to come back. Series three did get a bit too serious towards the end with the characters becoming a bit too involved with the stories and losing what made them loveable characters in the first place, and it really annoys me that we never ever found out about the fishing trip but I guess that was always the intention with that storyline anyway.

So yea, I was late on this and have missed the entire programme now but I can't stop watching it now.

EDIT: and that Estelle rap! The first thing I thought of was this place, I was crying with laughter just cos its the same sort of thing me and my mate Reiss would do, especially that song too cos we both love it and it is an amazing rap. Just everything about this show is amazing, so upset there's no more. :(
                    MadeOfBricks Chart of All Time.

Comment

• Originally posted by MadeOfBricks
                      The funniest two moments of the whole three series IMO are the "oh... Oh.... OH!" in the arcade and the "can't you read the sign?!" welsh jibber jabber that follows it
                      "Stace, I've gotta go, it's mayhem here."

I think Pam is my favourite character, she has some classic lines. Love the bit where she does the Gabrielle impression, covering her eye for an eye patch and then doing the robotic dance and saying 'I dunno where that came from!'
                      Without Any Meaning / We're Just Skin & Bone / Like Beautiful Robots Dancing Alone.

Comment

• YES! 'Breams can come true' GOLD.

Comment

• I love it when Stacey and Nessa are in the ice cream stall and Bryn is picking cereal for when the boys come round and and out of nowhere, Nessa goes "OH, Bryn, don't raise your voice at me!"

I love this show, literally amazing. I think my favourite Pam moment is when they're all doing that protest and she's making a fuss over calling Big Fat Sue "Susanne" and then Dawn bowls over going "Sueee, Big Fat Sue, get Gavin a drink!"
                          MadeOfBricks Chart of All Time.

Comment

• I binge watched all 3 seasons last week, thoroughly enjoyed them - brilliant TV. Delighted this will be back for a Christmas special!

Comment

• ^^ Just saw the news and I couldn't be happier.

I completely missed the series when it first aired and I moved to the UK in 2011... worked in Essex in 2012 and was given the box set of the series. Absolutely brilliant show. The writing is so simple and yet so effective and the cast are phenomenal.

Bring on the Christmas special; it will be cool to see what they've been up to.
                              Baaaaad relationship??
                              The lyric video for my new single TRIP THE ALARM here!

♬ Keen addictions, between afflictions, I guess I had it coming...

Comment

• So happy with is coming back!
                                M08T10

Comment

• Woah - James Corden obviously made up with everyone then last I heard he wasn’t on speaking terms with Ruth and Matt.

Can’t wait to see what they’re all like ten years on, and what their kids are like!

Comment

• I was such a misery about the final episode, it really wasn’t bad in hindsight!

Just saw the trailer for the Xmas special on the BBC, here it is:

Comment

• The trailer looks affectionately familiar but I worry it'll just be a rehash as it's a Christmas special - if this is well received, I hope that they turn it into a new series or something.

It's SO much fun to watch, each character is memorable in their own way - I actually think the weakest character in the show is Stacey, but she's still a great character.

Comment

• Of the main cast it’s Gavin for me, Stacey has some cracking lines, but there is no weak character (although I was never that fond of Dave).

Comment

• Me and the hubby are watching this for the first time. On to series 2 now. Its so funny. Can't believe we had never watched it before
                                          Love you like a love song!

Comment

• Originally posted by BehindBreakaway View Post
                                            Me and the hubby are watching this for the first time. On to series 2 now. Its so funny. Can't believe we had never watched it before
                                            I was the same, I only properly watched it earlier this year - and it's well worth it, a brilliant series.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                                              I was the same, I only properly watched it earlier this year - and it's well worth it, a brilliant series.
                                              It never interested me until the Christmas special was announced and I seen the hype around it. It made me curious and I'm glad it did. Nessa is my favourite at the moment. I just love how she talks!
                                              Love you like a love song!

Comment

• It was OK, 7/10 at best, low on the laugh out loud moments. I felt the characters were on the whole true to themselves without becoming caricatures. Nessa even showed development.

The character of Sonia was a mistake, we didn’t need an outsider questioning why the characters have their quirks and in-jokes.

Dawn and Pete were a highlight and it’s funny how a show called Gavin and Stacey became about Smithy and Nessa. I wonder if they’ll do another one next year!

Comment

• I loved it personally.

Thought we'd finally get to hear what happened on that infamous fishing trip, alas I was wrong!

The actor who played Neil (Nessa's son) was the same actor who played the baby - amazing!

Comment

• Most watched show last night. Highest rated overnight Xmas Day figures for anything in 11 years.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X