No announcement yet.

The Walking Dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Season 10 has been the strongest season in a while for me, I especially really enjoyed the second half and the way things played out with Alpha, Negan and Carol.

Shame they can’t air the finale because it’s stuck in post-production!

Another spin-off is coming soon too, World Beyond.

Comment

• Confirmed to be ending in 2022 with a 2 part season 11 starting in 2021. Spin off with Carol and Daryl confirmed.

As much as I love this show, it makes a lot of sense to cancel it - the cast is too large and the constant cycle of ‘oh no, someone wants to fight us’ is very tiresome.

With the bulk of the (best) main characters already away from the show, it makes a lot of sense to end the main show and focus on the characters people already ready care about.

We already have Rick and Michone doing the three movies (with more faces due to pop up I believe), Morgan and Dwight have Fear The Walking Dead (which is fundamentally two different shows, season 1-3 and 4-6), we already have an upcoming spin-off (World Beyond) and now the Carol and Daryl one in 2023.

Carol and Daryl (presumably) going off on their own also frees the actors up to appear in one of the movies too, so rather than TWD ending, it actually feels like they’re just ending one story and branching out into many others
      Disco dancing with the lights down low…

Comment

• I finally finished season 10, a few days before season 11 is due to air on Disney+!

The last six episodes felt very fragmented as a lot of the characters now have their own stories and are spread across various locations. I hope they can tie it all together for the final season.

The Negan episode was brilliant. It really makes you conflicted when you see what a loving husband he was… but Maggie has to kill him, unless he gets to her first.

Comment

• I didn’t finish season 10 but I’m re-watching in Disney+ and I’m at the end of season 6 where Negan first appears. I always love Rick but in retrospect, he was incredibly cold and absolutely lethal after the prison fiasco up until around the time Carl was killed.

I can’t wait for the movies and it makes sense for the main show to end before they come out - I guess it’ll be a mini reboot and completely accessible for everyone who hasn’t watched before.

I plan on watching Fear as I’ve sort of dropped off from it, but World Beyond was absolutely crap.

Comment

• I never went past episode one of Fear and didn’t try World Beyond.

Is Rick ever coming back after he was taken off in the helicopter or is he gone for good? Same with Michonne!

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post

Is Rick ever coming back after he was taken off in the helicopter or is he gone for good? Same with Michonne!
              They are the leads of trilogy of Walking Dead movies. The first to shoot soon apparently.

Comment

• Fear the walking Dead has surpassed this for me.
                TWD last episodes were painful (I know they were fillers or whatever but they just were weak).

the world beyond is a good concept made horrible due to the acting of the main girl. She is the WORST. Also the wig of her ‘sister’ is completely ridiculous and unnecessary
                "What goes around comes back around my baby"

Comment

• Anyone still watching this?

The final eight episodes of the main show are coming in October, and they’ve just announced the Rick Grimes movies are cancelled - but Rick and Michonne are getting a six part limited series in 2023 to finish off their story.

There’s also an anthology show in the works, a Maggie and Negan series set in NYC, and a series with Darryl set in Europe, which is probably the flagship show going forward (considering the zombies in France are different to the ones in the US, as seen in World Beyond).

Comment

• Just completed the series with the final episodes. Sometimes it was difficult to keep following this and although I felt and was expecting more closure with the endings but with the many spin offs in the work I'm guessing it will be answered.
                    Proceed with Caution

Comment

• It wasn’t a great ending because it’s not over. The show ended mostly as a cost saving exercise, and the three spin offs will basically be season 12.

Rick, Daryl and Maggie were basically our leads from almost the start and now each gets their own show, with more probably in the works. Not forgetting that Fear is still going strong. I can honestly see the TV franchise lasting until its 20th, possibly its 25th anniversaries.

Comment

• Originally posted by Artoo View Post
                        It wasn’t a great ending because it’s not over. The show ended mostly as a cost saving exercise, and the three spin offs will basically be season 12.

Rick, Daryl and Maggie were basically our leads from almost the start and now each gets their own show, with more probably in the works. Not forgetting that Fear is still going strong. I can honestly see the TV franchise lasting until its 20th, possibly its 25th anniversaries.
                        From earlier news I was expecting Darryl and Carol but seems like she decided not to continue. The spin off with Rick may me the most anticipated
                        Proceed with Caution

Comment

• Originally posted by lambforever View Post

From earlier news I was expecting Darryl and Carol but seems like she decided not to continue. The spin off with Rick may me the most anticipated
                          Carol dropped out once it was decided to base the spin off in France (there’s a preview of what is happening over there in an end credit scene of the final episode of The Walking Dead: World Beyond series). But based on the fact we have three spin offs, even if they get six episodes each they all amount to one full season.

It wouldn’t surprise me if most of them weren’t killed off in the main show because eventually, they’ll do a limited series to wrap up the entire franchise.

Rick’s story isn’t over until he’s home in Alexandria with Judith and MJ, and reunited with Carol, Maggie and Daryl. That will probably not happen until someone takes down the CRM. So there’s a lot still to happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Artoo View Post

Carol dropped out once it was decided to base the spin off in France (there’s a preview of what is happening over there in an end credit scene of the final episode of The Walking Dead: World Beyond series). But based on the fact we have three spin offs, even if they get six episodes each they all amount to one full season.

It wouldn’t surprise me if most of them weren’t killed off in the main show because eventually, they’ll do a limited series to wrap up the entire franchise.

Rick’s story isn’t over until he’s home in Alexandria with Judith and MJ, and reunited with Carol, Maggie and Daryl. That will probably not happen until someone takes down the CRM. So there’s a lot still to happen.
                            Thanks for the information. Hoping this could possibly go the way of a limited series to wrap up some unanswered questions. Rick story is definitely going to be a fun watch and the idea to scrap the movies and replace it with a series may have been a better idea
                            Proceed with Caution

Comment

Working...
                            X