- Larry Hagman

Negatives:
    - The Grace storyline, one of the worst of the entire show
    - Felicia Tilman's endless and tiring vendetta against Paul Young
    - Beth Young
    My YouTube Channel - The best songs of the 80s, 90s and 2000s

Comment

• ‘Desperate Housewives’ Revival Ruled Out By Series Creator Marc Cherry

If you’re hoping for a Desperate Housewives revival — even if it doesn’t include all the original cast members — don’t count on it.

We asked series creator Marc Cherry today at TCA whether he’d even consider one, and he said: “I did 180 episodes of Desperate Housewives, unlike a Sex and the City, which was on cable and didn’t do as many. I feel like I’ve done that, and in a weird way, I found a new way to do it because so many of themes that I get to deal with are on this show.” And by show, we mean Cherry’s new 10-episode CBS All Access series Why Women Kill. It’s about three different women in three different decades — a housewife in the ’60s (Ginnifer Goodwin), a socialite in the ’80s (Lucy Liu) and a lawyer in 2018 (Kirby Howell-Baptiste) — who deal with infidelity in their marriages. And, of course, this being Cherry’s world, there’s murder involved.

Also, if he were to revive Desperate Housewives, he’d have to contend with another challenge.

“[With Why Women Kill] it’s streaming and I do 10 episodes and it’s over,” he said. “The thing I went through [with Desperate Housewives] that was so difficult was cliffhangers. ‘OK, I got to do a cliffhanger every year and their lives have to change completely’ — and, oh, God, that’s so hard.”

Creating a streaming series also gives Cherry independence — not just with foul language (“I have so much fun using the word F*ck!”) but also not to be shackled from executing certain storylines. During his days on Desperate Housewives, Cherry was forbidden from writing certain dicey plots and themes, ones that are OK in the current network-verse.

Specifying one of the Desperate Housewives plots that ABC killed, Cherry says, “I was not allowed to do an abortion storyline, and I’ve seen many people do it — and on ABC, interestingly enough.”

Cherry added more detail on which character it would have impacted. “It was going to be a new character, and it was going to be a new thing,” he said,. “That was swatted away so quickly.”

https://deadline.com/2019/08/despera...ry-1202659359/

Comment

• Thank God.
        I have received many gifts from God,
        but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Judging by the trailer, I'm not too keen on 'Why Women Kill'. I'll probably watch the first episode anyway but I don't expect much from it.

Comment

• Judging on the trailer, the whole plot of Why Women Kill has been done way too many times now.

Comment

• I wouldn't mind one movie
              Forever Young

Comment

• Originally posted by Benny View Post
                Judging by the trailer, I'm not too keen on 'Why Women Kill'. I'll probably watch the first episode anyway but I don't expect much from it.
                I enjoyed the first episode of Marc Cherry's new show 'Why Women Kill', it was better than I had anticipated after watching the trailer. Of course it's not as good as DH but still worth watching. I think that [MENTION=22209]Spartan[/MENTION] might like it, too.

Comment

• I’ll definitely check it out. Lucy Liu is fantastic in everything, and obviously I love Ginnifer Goodwin from Once Upon a Time.

Comment

• Rewatched all the seasons. Currently halfway through season 8 and it’s better than I remember! (Season 7 was hard to get through though)

Bree is fantastic in S8!
                    LJC--->>

Comment

• I'm rewatching this on Amazon, for the first time since it aired. Can't believe 15 years have passed since the first few seasons!

I'm a third of the way through season three and there's so much I'd forgotten. It's odd binge-watching after being used to watching it weekly then waiting six months for it to come back - I was sure Andrew disappeared for at least a whole season when Bree dumped him on the road after he slept with her sponsor but it was a matter of episodes before he was back.

I also didn't think Gabby and Carlos split so early and I'd forgotten how much baby drama they had at the start.

Season two was definitely a bit of a bum season - the Applewhites were such a rubbish family.

Comment

• I watched every episode of this until the bitter end. I thought the last season was really great, but it was pretty uneven in between the first and last. It lost some punch once Edie left.

I only started watching it though because I needed Jesse Metcalfe in my life.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                          I'm rewatching this on Amazon, for the first time since it aired. Can't believe 15 years have passed since the first few seasons!

I'm a third of the way through season three and there's so much I'd forgotten. It's odd binge-watching after being used to watching it weekly then waiting six months for it to come back - I was sure Andrew disappeared for at least a whole season when Bree dumped him on the road after he slept with her sponsor but it was a matter of episodes before he was back.

I also didn't think Gabby and Carlos split so early and I'd forgotten how much baby drama they had at the start.

Season two was definitely a bit of a bum season - the Applewhites were such a rubbish family.
                          I’m at about the same place as you. Just watched the ‘Bang’ episode and get chills and feels every single time.

S2 was better than I remembered, definitely more of an Edie focus which was nice, and same with S3 so far.

Comment

• The supermarket siege is definitely one of the strongest episodes of the entire show. I’d forgotten the paedophile storyline was so early on too.

Edie had most of her focus when Bree took half a season out, and I’d also forgotten season 3 ended with her suicide attempt!

Comment

• I saw an ad the other day that Channel 9 in Australia is putting this on their streaming from July 1 (Originally Channel 7 had it in its original run).

I've seen bits and pieces of the show before.

UKMIXtapes Vol.3 | ROUND 9!

Comment

• First few seasons are really great guilty pleasure TV. It gets lost a bit during the middle of its its, but it stayed a fun show to watch for me throughout.

The show definitely has one of the best pilots ever though! It really finely hooks you onto the central mystery. Give it a try!
                                I have received many gifts from God,
                                but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• It would be amazing to rewatch it all with no memory of what happened. Such a fantastic show atm. Felicity Huffman is such a strong actress, I hope she manages to find her career again at some point.

Comment

• Just finished rewatching S6. So fantastic, much better than I recalled it being. Angie was the true superstar of the season, it’s so heartbreaking she didn’t stay around for longer.

Comment

Working...
                                    X