Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Season 5 out on June 5!
    Only 3 episodes tho.
    5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Didn't realise this was coming back so soon, hope this is better than that last episode, I see Miley in the trailer.
      1 Harry Styles|2 Dua Lipa |3 Doja Cat |4 Elodie|5 Lizzo |

Comment

• Less than a month, nice!
        As a singer, songwriter and producer Bruno Mars has sold over 169 million singles

Comment

• Yeah be interesting to see who Miley’s playing! Shame it’s only three episodes.

Comment

• It's about damn time!
            Akini's Top 400 Songs of the 2010s: [385-381]

The forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe, for the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was made of wood, he was one of them.

Comment

• Trailer looks good. So excited for this
              Love you like a love song!

Comment

• Finally! Tbh I dont like all the episodes.. some of those are pretty bad but those others are just incredible!! My most favourite episodes are, Nosedive, Shut up and dance, Hated by the nation and 5000(?) merits. Groundbreaking and terrifying!
                Three rules of work: Out of clutter find simplicity; From discord find harmony; In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.

Comment

• Ignore some of the dumb negative user reviews saying these episodes are "not Black Mirror". Since when has Brooker ever been constrained by what genre or what kind of story he's telling? The only connecting feature to any of these tales is technology. They don't have to be thrillers, they don't have to be dark.

Black Mirror: Striking Vipers 8/10
                  Neat spin on Tekken. Best not to explain too much of it here.
                  I think i'd draw the line at polar bears! Perhaps...
                  All the main actors are from superhero films - neat coincidence!

Black Mirror: Smithereens 9/10
                  Andrew Scott amazing moving performance. Really brave the way it pans out. I think i'm gonna call Jack Dorsey... (oh and Ryuichi Sakamoto doing the score!!)

Black Mirror: Rachel, Jack and Ashley Too - 9/10
                  Great fun allegory about pop star commodofication, though slightly unfocused and once it really hits stride, it stops. I could have had a feature film (extra half hour) or series of this! The best thing Miley has ever been involved in - and she does Nine Inch Nails songs convincingly (both original and re-lyriced by Brooker).

Article on the NIN usage: https://pitchfork.com/news/miley-cyr...rror-season-5/
                  Tony's Charts ft Hits / Albums (22nd Feb 20) - Xymox, Purity Ring, Selena, Blancmange, Sparks, Angelic Process, SDH, Tennis

Comment

• I thought it was a strong three episodes, all much better than the Bandersnatch thing, Smithereens was my favourite I thought it was very exciting and tense, I did really enjoy the Miley episode, I thought it was like a movie and had some great funny bits especially with Ashley Too, but I did find some of the scenes a little farcical like a Nickelodeon kids show. All in all I am really happy with all three tho.
                    1 Harry Styles|2 Dua Lipa |3 Doja Cat |4 Elodie|5 Lizzo |

Comment

• Three strong episodes! I only wish we got more.
                      Akini's Top 400 Songs of the 2010s: [385-381]

The forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe, for the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was made of wood, he was one of them.

Comment

• Striking Vipers - it was an interesting premise, and I’m still not sure if the characters were in love with each other or the actual men, or both, or elements of both! I quite liked the compromise they came to at the end. Why would anyone want to go through the physical pain of a Tekken fight?

Smithereens - Mad May from EastEnders has let herself go a bit. The punchline to this episode was a bit weak and obvious, what was more interesting was how technology weaved itself through the events. Bloody Jayden though

Rachel, Jack and Ashley Too - this was my favourite of the three, taking the pop puppet to the extreme. I really don’t like the hologram idea! I thought it’d end with the whole audience rejecting the real Ashley and wanting the perfect AI version, but it was so extreme.

Comment

• Here for Miley's -reworked- cover of Head like a Hole,it was good!
                          Last edited by AndiIversen; Sat June 8th, 2019, 19:22.

Comment

• I watched the three episodes yesterday and today.

To me, all the three episodes felt very lukewarm. They didn't have that Black Mirror spark. They also felt very "easy to watch" and not so experimental and shocking as some of the other episodes.

The episode I liked the most was the second one. The ending was brilliant. But all in all, the 3 episodes were just okayish. Definitely one of the weakest seasons.

Comment

• Rachel, Jack And Ashley Too is my second favourite episode after Nosedive.

I must admit that in terms of BLACK MIRROR I pretty much prefer the "lighter" episodes.
                              DRINK. SMOKE. DANCE. VIBE A LITTLE BIT | My last.fm

Comment

• I actually really enjoyed all 3. I have to say though Rachel, Jack and Ashley Too was my favorite
                                Love you like a love song!

Comment

• I enjoyed as much as the previous seasons. Perhaps the movie was the weakest link, however, it's still one of the few shows I consider top notch!
                                  As a singer, songwriter and producer Bruno Mars has sold over 169 million singles

Comment

• Very disappointing season. Ashley Too was probably the most favorite episode from the new season but it could've been even better.

Comment

• still can't get over the miley ep
                                      Forever Young

Comment

• Are they releasing more episodes to this season later this year? Or is it really only a 3 (underwhelming) episodes season?

Comment

• Originally posted by LotsOfLove View Post
                                          Are they releasing more episodes to this season later this year? Or is it really only a 3 (underwhelming) episodes season?
                                          3 episodes + Bandersnatch
                                          I have received many gifts from God,
                                          but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

Working...
                                          X