Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spartan
    replied
    It was a show with almost too plush potential and that was its downfall, so many new characters and so many under-utilised ones. It doesn’t help that they regurgitated a lot of the same plot points over and over (Mr Gold’s character, amnesia). However it was still a great show and the first four seasons still hold up really well for me.

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    First episode premiered 10 years ago yesterday. I kinda wish it would come back. Like most shows it was much stronger in the beginning and even though it took them 84 years, when Emma finally broke the curse it was great TV.

Disney+ should just reboot it but they’d never get the cast back and honestly, there’s no story left to tell with those characters. Disney+ is the perfect platform for some sort of Disney multiverse style show though.

Leave a comment:

• IVyoncť
    replied
    With Disney releasing their own streaming service and all, I wouldn't mind if in a few years they will reboot this and come back. They always can make a new dark curse that shatters the realms and make a new story out of it. There are so many stories they have not touched yet. Moana only made an appearence by an item, Tiana's backstory hardly was explored and with the way they spinned the story in season 7, they are able to recast any character (beside the main's) basically and set up a new story.

That picture is so cute, I really miss this. I loved my yearly dosis Regina

Leave a comment:

• Jaymer85
    replied
    Loving the reunion pic. Lana is beautiful as always. Regina/evil queen is one of my favourite TV characters of all time.

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    Disney needs to create a new villain so OUAT can come back in 10 years.

Though how that will work with kid Henry/Grownup Henry and the fact the show already jumped forward like 20 years Iíve no idea

Leave a comment:

• Spartan
    replied
    I think this was the first time Ginnifer had been to a convention but it’s great to see them back together. Sean Maguire recently popped up on The 100 which was a pleasant surprise.

I miss the show in a way and will have to rewatch at some point, need a longer break from it though.

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Spartan
    replied
    Originally posted by menime123
    On reflection Iím glad we got season 7, because it really is like we got a reboot/reunion/revival season - and the chances are it wouldnít have gotten that in 10 years or anything.
    I also found the S6 finale would've been a perfect ultimate ending for the show though. I'd argue that the S3 mid-season final would've also been a great series finale.

I do miss the show though.

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartan
    I found on my rewatch that it just became too repetitive with lots of the characters in all honesty. There was so much potential that was untapped though.

That was my issue. I own all the box sets, but Iím sort of the opinion itís not a binge re-watch kind of show - itís very much a week on week kinda story. I know they did a lot of character development, but I wish they had found a better way to develop them - at times I find it too PG.

On reflection Iím glad we got season 7, because it really is like we got a reboot/reunion/revival season - and the chances are it wouldnít have gotten that in 10 years or anything.

Leave a comment:

• Spartan
    replied
    Re: Once Upon A Time

I found on my rewatch that it just became too repetitive with lots of the characters in all honesty. There was so much potential that was untapped though.

Leave a comment:

• Jaymer85
    replied
    Loved the first 6 seasons. Yes, it had some dicey episodes and cringe moments but I loves it. So many great characters. Evil Queen/Regina is everything. Tried, but wasn't into the reboot.

Leave a comment:

• Spartan
    replied
    Originally posted by Damiennatas1
    I find Rebecca Mader very hammy as an actress.
    Girl. No. Bye.
    I just rewatched S6 and I take this back. She was ultimately the best character at the end of the first six seasons, plus her eyes are so gorgeous.

Leave a comment:

• Jason2379
    replied
    I find Rebecca Mader very hammy as an actress.
    Girl. No. Bye.

Leave a comment:

• Spartan
    replied

My minority opinion is that I hated the Wicked Witch storyline and I find Rebecca Mader very hammy as an actress.

Dark Swan was when Emma became the Dark One. Evil Queen was when Regina split her good self from her Evil Queen persona.

Leave a comment:

• Westen
    replied
    Originally posted by Westen
    I kinda forgot what season had what story line, i will check that later on Wikipedia and will write my opinion.
    S1: Emma being the 'believer'
    S2: Emma & Snow in Enchanted Forest / Cora/Greg & Tamara etc.
    S3: Neverland / Wicked Witch
    S4: Frozen / Queens Of Darkness
    S5: Dark Swan / Underworld
    S6: Evil Queen / Black Fairy
    S7: Reboot

There was so much untapped potential though.
    Thanks, you kinda reminded me how much I forgot

I loved Wicked witch story, Frozen was lovely - I watched it before I've seen movie, If i remember right underworld was great

I don't really remember Dark Swan/Evil Queen, i thought it was the same story when Swan went bad?

I actually liked the fact that they separated seasons in 2 parts, but this show could've done so much more, it took me a while to realize that it's not taking direction that i would've loved, i still appreciated fun family and happy end direction it took. It was nice show.

Leave a comment:

• NoAngel
    replied
    Really good end. They kinda made it up for season 7.

Leave a comment:

• Spartan
    replied
    Originally posted by DnBLover
    I watched the first season a long time ago and just wanted it to end. Very surprised to see this got so many seasons afterwards
    WE all felt like that from S5 onwards.

Leave a comment:

• DnBLover
    replied

I watched the first season a long time ago and just wanted it to end. Very surprised to see this got so many seasons afterwards

Leave a comment:

• Spartan
    replied

I didnít mind the second half of S4, mainly because of Cruella and I enjoyed the author storyline. I didnít enjoy the half-baked Ursula and Maleficent stuff though, especially maleficent. At least Ursula got somewhat of a happy ending and her story tied up. I think it wouldíve been great to have sent all the characters back to the Enchanted Forest permanently.

Iím currently rewatching S4 at the moment and, even though people complained about the storyline, Elsa and Anna were the most perfectly cast guest characters in the show.

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied

The second half of season 4 and season 5 were pretty bad in fairness. Everything became too familiar - shit would go down and Emma would sort it out. Even the formula for the show - 2 halves per season - because very tired.

After Neverland they should have done a soft reboot then and took the show in a different direction - I have no idea why they held onto the idea that Storybrooke was the best place for everyone. Sure, indoor plumbing is pretty damn great, but they should have all gone back to the Enchanted Forest.

The dream realm was a huge low point (beyond the initial episode)... particularly its impact on S7.

Leave a comment:

• Spartan
    replied
    Originally posted by Westen
    I kinda forgot what season had what story line, i will check that later on Wikipedia and will write my opinion.
    S1: Emma being the 'believer'
    S2: Emma & Snow in Enchanted Forest / Cora/Greg & Tamara etc.
    S3: Neverland / Wicked Witch
    S4: Frozen / Queens Of Darkness
    S5: Dark Swan / Underworld
    S6: Evil Queen / Black Fairy
    S7: Reboot

There was so much untapped potential though.

Leave a comment:

• Westen
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Westen
    replied

I loved the ending. I loved the fact that focus wasn't on building suspension until the very end but most of the second half was about celebrating the show and its spirit of good will. Regina really ended up caring whole show, and not for once her transformation felt forced, she was my favorite character of the show. Along with Zelena who also had amazing story.

S7 felt like different show, so seeing all characters together was a bit confusing, but I'm glad there was a time for everyone in the finale.

I was afraid Emma would miss the lat episode but her entry was quite unexpected and epic to me.

I was never really obsessed with the show but i enjoyed it, some story lines less, some more. But overall it was good run. 7 years have passed by, i remember seeing trailer in summer 2011, it seems like yesterday...

Leave a comment:

• Spartan
    replied

I was very happy with the last episode. I didnít understand the S7 characters nor the Wish Hook stuff. I loved the throwbacks to the first season, appreciate a great montage. I wouldíve liked more Emma and Snow but I understand that it was limited, plus their characters had come full circle and weíre almost exhausted. I was crying from Rumpleís death (so perfect and apt to have him reunite with Belle) onwards. Regina being crowned the Good Queen was so well suited and bookended her journey perfectly.

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    Originally posted by Jesper
    I actually liked the ending, what a whirlwind of emotions, Iliked that it ended where it started, a lot of full circle moments, an end of an era. It is/was one of my all time favourite shows. And I still have to process in a way that it is done now.

[spoiler:26hmiyo9]I enjoyed the ending and it was fitting - I expected more Swan and Emma, but their stories were already over. Regina becoming Queen of all realms was odd, because itís such a Snow and Charming thing to be. But I like that being her happy ending - it really does complete her journey.[/spoiler:26hmiyo9]

Leave a comment:

Working...
X