Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Pokémon Discussion Thread (incl. Pokémon GO!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few new Mega Pokémon were announced lately:

Mega Audino

Mega Slowbro

Mega Altaria

Mega Lopunny

Mega Salamence

Altaria & Audino look great!!

so i guess it's possible to catch newer Pokémon too, not only the ones you could catch in the original Ruby/Sapphire... interesting!

btw... i'm SO excited... i just started to play Ruby again nearly two weeks ago and i already won against Steven yesterday But was so fun, so even more excited for these new ones!

Comment

The mega evolution designs have been awesome!
      "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

I'm not a huge fan of Mega Slowbro, Salemence and Metagross. But Mega Altaria looks awesome! That'll definitely be on my team!

My team so far as planned (subject to change... )

Sceptile
        Altaria
        Kyogre
        Metagross (because we're getting a shiny Beldum)
        Zigzagoon
        (Undecided)

I've never had this many mons that can mega evolve on one team before. Gonna be so op

Comment

After seeing Mega Altaria i also want this in my team now...

My team for Ruby was:

Sceptile
          Shiftry
          Breloom
          Swellow
          Aggron
          Linoone (HM slave)

i love plant as you can see...
          But yeah, after playing the whole Ruby again i saw that there are SO many good Pokémons so i guess i'll change all except Linoone (for HM) and Sceptile... add Altaria (instead of Swellow) and Metagross (instead of Aggron, is better anyway) and then there's still space for two more

Comment

People jumping on the Altaria bandwagon after it got a mega evo I've loved Altaria since the original Ruby & Sapphire came out, now everybody is loving it IT LOOKS SO FLUFFY SQUEEEEEEEE

I don't plan my teams before the game, I just play and catch whatever I want then about halfway through the game I decide on my team. I definitely will catch an Altaria though cos it's one of my faves and was on my original team back in the day.

BTW Mega Slowbro is ugly :-? Why the hell did Lopunny get a mega evo for this game?! It's not even that great of a Pokemon, I don't understand why they gave it a mega evo. Not surprised Salamence got one, they love giving the Dragons their mega evos.
            I've now met Dean Ambrose FOUR TIMES - 28/03/15, 02/04/16, 20/08/16 & 01/04/17!!

Comment

Really excited for this, not too pushed about the mega evolution, they're unnecessary tbh and don't really do that much. I'm most looking forward to play through the story again, it's my second fav after Johto.
              The original Ruby & Sapphire are brilliant games, the only thing that let them down was the lack of Pokemon, you weren't able to trade over Pokemon from Gold and Silver but that was mostly rectified when FireRed & LeafGreen were released.

Comment

this thread made me recharge my 3ds, I only beat the first gym in X
                I'm the terminator, bitch talk slick, I'm a have to terminate her Ż\_(?)_/Ż

Comment

MegaSlowbro looks awesome.

Comment

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml
                    For those of you in Europe, a load of new details have come about the upcoming release of the Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire games. First, a special steelbook edition is to be released in Europe. In addition to that, UK pre-order bonuses have been revealed.
                    Those pre-ordering the Pokémon Alpha Sapphire Limited Edition SteelBook from the Official Nintendo UK Store will receive a miniature representation of Primal Kyogre, whilst those ordering pre-ordering the Pokémon Omega Ruby will receive a miniature representation of Primal Groudon. Both are ideal as collectibles for fans.
                    Those who pre-order either Pokémon Omega Ruby or Pokémon Alpha Sapphire as a standalone game from GAME will receive one Legendary Figurine of either Primal Groudon (Pokémon Omega Ruby) or Primal Kyogre (Pokémon Alpha Sapphire).
                    Those who pre-order either Pokémon Omega Ruby or Pokémon Alpha Sapphire as a standalone game from ShopTo will receive a 2D Keyring of Torchic, one of the three starter Pokémon in Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire.

Comment

Why only Europe? :( People down my way always get ripped off :x I bet we get nothing, just the game at a ridiculous price. Pokemon games are too way too pricey, but I have to buy them :(
                      I've now met Dean Ambrose FOUR TIMES - 28/03/15, 02/04/16, 20/08/16 & 01/04/17!!

Comment

love the steelbook
                        I'm the terminator, bitch talk slick, I'm a have to terminate her Ż\_(?)_/Ż

Comment

Mega Gallade, Sharpedo and Camerupt have been announced. Camerupt will definitely be on my team

Comment

^ interesting! Camerupt was on my team the first time i played Ruby, so i may add this to my team again too.

Comment

I'm bored of all the mega evos now They're concentrating too much on them and not enough on the actual game! :-?

Comment

How so? It's a remake, there's not a lot to concentrate about except making the graphics look good and maybe add one or two extra features.

I for one didn't like the concept of a Mega evolution when it was first announced (Digimon, anyone?) but now I love the idea! I want moar!!

Comment

The problem is that you can't make more than one mega evolution once a battle, so it doesn't make that much sense to make so many mega pokémon IMO

Comment

For me the mega evolutions are not necessary
                                    I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

Originally posted by Tansike
                                      The problem is that you can't make more than one mega evolution once a battle, so it doesn't make that much sense to make so many mega pokémon IMO
                                      Well, you can choose the ones you want to use and try out different teams with each and every one of them depending on many factors - stats, special abilities, etc... More than one Mega evolution on a team would be too much, I think.

Anyway, I really like some of the new Megas, especially Slowbro, Altaria, Salamence and one of my very favorites, Metagross. Definitely has a secured spot on my team.

Comment

Ultimately I'd love to create an ultimate Pokémon game where you can explore all the regions. But I think the mega evolutions are their current niche, they'll probably find a new way of re-inventing the games in a couple of years.

Comment

I've never cared for the mega evos, mainly cos not every Pokemon can have one so it's like why these particular Pokemon? And most of the overrated Pokemon got one, and ones that were already way overpowered

I mean I had two Mega Evos on my X team (Lucario & Blastoise), but that was only cos they practically handed you the means to have them

It is funny though that Altaria, my favourite Pokemon, DID get a mego evo I was planning on having one for my team anyway!

Originally posted by Spartan
                                          Ultimately I'd love to create an ultimate Pokémon game where you can explore all the regions. But I think the mega evolutions are their current niche, they'll probably find a new way of re-inventing the games in a couple of years.
                                          I don't know if you could fit that many regions and their game data on one 3DS or whatever cartridge :( And I wonder how they'd work around that cos by the time you got to like the third region, your Pokemon would all be level 100 and you'd be so overpowered, you'd beat everybody easily which would take the fun out of the game. Unless they made you get new Pokemon every region or something.

Comment

Working...
                                          X