Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Pokémon Discussion Thread (incl. Pokémon GO!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Dex is all pokemom from all regions. So they’ll simply just exclude possibly hundreds from all the previous regions.

I’m expecting a big gap of Gen 4 Pokemon in this game for the remakes coming after Sword And Shield I would guess

Comment

• I think national dex is the least of your worries regarding this game atm.
      Originally posted by SummerPeur
      Time stops for the Kween everytime WBT is performed.
      Originally posted by Goldmoney
      So does her microphone

Comment

• I have to say the one thing I hoped the Switch could bring to Pokemon was finally a game where you could catch them all, I mean when you look at Smash Brothers and BOTW, there’s no way they couldn’t have made this possible, who wants to hear that the latest Nintendo Console isn’t capable of providing us all existing Pokemon when even a 2DS managed it? This has killed all my hype for this game.
        1 pnau |2 Gabrielle Aplin |3 Dotter|4 Sofi Tukker |5 Afrojack

Comment

• What I don't get is that they made the Virtual console games available on the 3DS, which technically meant that you could send over Pokémon from every game to Generation 7. Only for them to go for a select roster the next generation. They even talked during gen 7 about the backlash they recieved during Gen III when it was not compatible with Gen I & II and saw it as one of the biggest mistakes. And they also got big backlash during Gen V while all Pokémon could be sent over post-game.

I always do a playthrough with the new Pokémon, but also do themed playthroughs after that and that is what makes me play these games for years to come. I just started a playthrough with Omega Ruby where I play with Gen V and VI Pokémon, and also do atleast one playthrough with my team from Gen II which consists of some my favourites including Espeon and Meganium.

I don't care about a national dex, since Gen 7 also didn't had one, but we should be able to sent them all over whether they can be registered in a dex or not. The excuses they gave are also very weak, especially since it contradicts what they said in the past and also since every person has it's own favourites, so every cut mon is one too many. Also the 'balance' argument is very annoying since the overhyped fanfavourite Charizard is already confirmed.

I would be dissapointed but less 'mad' if they would use this oppertunity to put focus on some less used mon, buff their stats, give them (pre-)evolutions or something extra to give players a new chance to discover them. But we for sure will see a lot of the old favourites so they can keep selling merch.

Also cutting Z-Moves and Mega Evolution for the crappy looking Dynamxing is dissapointing. I kinda hoped they would have expanded on those features instead of cutting them in favour for something new. I guess this new feature is a mix of both, but just blowing mon up like a balloon is not cutting it.

This is the first time ever that I am very torn whether I am gonna buy a game on the day of release, I need to be convinced to be won over again and I play the games since RBY.

Comment

• [MENTION=23048]IVyoncé[/MENTION]

What do you mean you do themed playthroughs? Once the game is over you can’t really play it again can you? I mean, it’s impossible to have rematches most of the time and also the gym leaders don’t have rematches either. So I don’t understand what you mean. If you could explain.

I also always wished for something like if you win the League, you can open up your own Gym and choose the type of Pokemon you’d like to train and then being online, people all around the world could visit your Gym and battle with you to get their badge. That’d be so cool.

Comment

• Originally posted by LotsOfLove View Post
              [MENTION=23048]IVyoncé[/MENTION]

What do you mean you do themed playthroughs? Once the game is over you can’t really play it again can you? I mean, it’s impossible to have rematches most of the time and also the gym leaders don’t have rematches either. So I don’t understand what you mean. If you could explain.

I also always wished for something like if you win the League, you can open up your own Gym and choose the type of Pokemon you’d like to train and then being online, people all around the world could visit your Gym and battle with you to get their badge. That’d be so cool.
              I basically trade over my Pokémon to an other game or bank and start over and replay the game. I box my starter and sent over a new team with eggs.
              Like I always do a playthrough with my original Gen II team down the line.
              - Meganium
              - Espeon
              - Heracross
              - Electivire (back then Electabuzz)
              - Kingdra
              - Mismagius (back then Misdreavus)

sometimes I do a mono run with Pokémon from a certain type, sometimes just a team of Pokémon of one gen etc.It's a fun way to use Pokémon I normally would never use. I also mainly buy both games of the set they release, and my brother and sister also own the current handheld or console that they the games are for, so I can always trade when needed. I get not everybody has that luxury, but I know more people who use one game to do a run with the newly introduced mon and one with an altered team including some that are not native to the region. This selected roster will make that impossible and also would limit ideas like your gym idea, since if the region would have just 2 or 3 lines of a certain type, you are forced to use those, like for example Generatuon 4 originally only had the Chimchar and the Ponyta lines as fire types available for a normal playthrough, so if you want to make a competitive team or do a mono run of the fire type, you either have to include legendaries and use mon of the same line or you are screwed.

Comment

• Oh dear that sounds interesting. I actually NEVER traded a Pokemon as I know nobody who plays it. So I just play the game the normal way.

What I usually do is after defeating the League, I create my Water Team Pokemon but then I never have things to do, which is quite a pity.

Comment

• ^ You don't need someone to trade with you, you could use Pokémon Bank

That's also why so many people are probably upset with the missing National Dex as it's so easy to get your Pokémon from older games in newer ones.

Comment

• Can I add some people on Pokemon Go? I need to make new friends there as a task

Comment

• There's new previews to the game and also new Pokemon were presented.

I guess this will be the game I'll enjoy the least.

Comment

• So the leaks were true...

Comment

• Originally posted by jason2379 View Post
                          So the leaks were true...
                          What leaks?

I like the new Pokémon. Still not sure what to think of the new evolution though.

Comment

• Originally posted by jason2379 View Post
                            So the leaks were true...
                            Yeah what leaks?

Comment

• Here are the leaks that were posted back in May

It tells us of Gigantamaxing etc so it's pretty much confirmed true. Excited for some things in there tbh

Comment

• “Before fighting the gym leaders, you have to complete the gym challenges.
                                - Milo has you herding sheep pokemon named Wooloo, but Pamper, electric corgi pokemon, will startle them and send them rolling elsewhere.
                                - Nessa has you running through a maze where water blocks the way
                                - Kabu requires you to catch pokemon and get 5 points, but you have to be in a party battle with another trainer who's also trying to catch it”

The last point.. so to enter that Arena I am depending on another trainer to access the arena? What if I know nobody who plays this?
                                If this turns out true, it’s a mess tho..

Comment

“Before fighting the gym leaders, you have to complete the gym challenges.
                                  - Milo has you herding sheep pokemon named Wooloo, but Pamper, electric corgi pokemon, will startle them and send them rolling elsewhere.
                                  - Nessa has you running through a maze where water blocks the way
                                  - Kabu requires you to catch pokemon and get 5 points, but you have to be in a party battle with another trainer who's also trying to catch it”

The last point.. so to enter that Arena I am depending on another trainer to access the arena? What if I know nobody who plays this?
                                  If this turns out true, it’s a mess tho..
                                  I think the last point will be a NPC (non-player character, so just a character in-game)

Comment

• So nothing I truly need to complete the normal story line?

Comment

• Omg what I just realised Groudon is a GROUND type Pokemon?
                                      Not even Ground / Fire ? What a mess. I was SURE it was a fire type one.

Their Pokemon types sometimes really make no sense.

Comment

Omg what I just realised Groudon is a GROUND type Pokemon?

Haha yeah, though it makes kinda sense with the Earth/Water theme they had going on in Ruby/Sapphire.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                                          Haha yeah, though it makes kinda sense with the Earth/Water theme they had going on in Ruby/Sapphire.
                                          Yes that's what I thought as well. But him being so red, I clearly thought it was a Fire type somehow.

Comment

Yes that's what I thought as well. But him being so red, I clearly thought it was a Fire type somehow.
                                            And it‘s an eruption-like Pokemon like Camerupt that‘s Fire/Ground. This dual type would have made more sense I guess...

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                                              And it‘s an eruption-like Pokemon like Camerupt that‘s Fire/Ground. This dual type would have made more sense I guess...
                                              Exactly.

Just like Suicine being a Water Type even tho his design clearly looks like an Ice Type Pokemon. So random.

Comment

• Suicune actually never looked as a Ice Pokémon to me.

Comment

• It did to me plus I felt it got better Ice moves (or typical moves for Ice Pokemon) than Water moves.

Comment

• Originally posted by IVyoncé View Post
                                                    Suicune actually never looked as a Ice Pokémon to me.
                                                    To me he did.

And it would be logic to have again three legendary Pokemon with a Fire / Electric / Ice type, just like in the first gen. Like, rhem being the counterparts to the bird legendary Pokemons. But no they decided to mess it up.

Comment

• Well the legendary beast most common theory is that they were revived Vaporeon, Jolteon and Flareon, so their typings would fit that. And part of Suicune's name literally means water also if you read the origins page on Bulbapedia, the ice moves and flying moves in it's movepool will make sense. A lot if typings that may not make sense, make sense if you see what inspired it's design, I am just too invested in those things

Comment

• Originally posted by Juglooma
                                                        It's not in the google play or Apple App Store :(
                                                        Do you mean Pokemon Masters? It‘s coming in a month (29th August)

Comment

Omg what I just realised Groudon is a GROUND type Pokemon?

Its sometimes due to the limitation of only 2 types as a dual type in the games. Gyarados and Lugia are two prime examples, Water/Flying and Psychic/Flying, You'd think Dragon and Water respectively would've been perhaps a better secondary/additional (as in Lugia's case both those types fit well) type for them.
                                                          UKMIXtapes Vol.3 | ROUND 9!

Comment

• Originally posted by Affillate View Post
                                                            Its sometimes due to the limitation of only 2 types as a dual type in the games. Gyarados and Lugia are two prime examples, Water/Flying and Psychic/Flying, You'd think Dragon and Water respectively would've been perhaps a better secondary/additional (as in Lugia's case both those types fit well) type for them.
                                                            I agree! I’d prefer if Gyarados would be Water / Dragon (it really just looks like this, the Flying type is horrendous. It doesn’t even fly).
                                                            And yes, I always thought Lugia was Psychic / Water too.

Do you think one day they’ll introduce three typed Pokemon?

Comment

• So what are your thoughts on the new game ? It's released this Friday.

The entire Pokedex leaked already and fans are quite angry tbh.

Comment

Working...
                                                              X