Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Pokémon Discussion Thread (incl. Pokémon GO!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well...
    Spoiler!

Comment

• I agree that they could do so much more with Pokemon. Is Pokemon still targeted for children? I feel like the people who play Pokemon are those who played it since they're small but are teenagers / grown ups now. They should change it a bit and make it more "adult", if that makes sense.

Also, they simply got rid of my favorite Pokemon I ... after 7 full generations of always being able to have it on my team, it just disappeared now. Ugh
      Last edited by LotsOfLove; Tue November 12th, 2019, 18:35.

Comment

• I avoided all the spoilers so far and know basically nothing about the game

Didn‘t happen for ages!

A shame all the stuff leaked, otherwise they did (for once) a great job with not putting out too much informations.

Comment

• Yeah I've been subbed to the Pokemon reddit page and have seen the tides changing, Especially the last few weeks in the lead up theres been a lot of criticism to the point where theres been boycott discussions and the severely disappointed cancelling their pre-orders.

I think 'Dexit' was a rumour a few months ago, nevertheless reaction was fairly positive for things like the regional variant evo's (SirFetched and Obstagoon) and Galarian Ponyta. Then we had the furore over the Gen 1 favoritism (particularly the blatant Charizard getting yet another special form, which was parodied in some memes) and then seeming confirmation of Dexit with the leaks really getting a lot of fans offside.

recently its the graphical quality of the battle backgrounds and overworld getting the focus, and some are thinking Gamefreak isnt really trying when compared with something like Lets Go.

We'll see when the game is out in a few days.
          UKMIXtapes Vol.3 | ROUND 9!

Comment

• I love the fact fans are angry and disappointed. In their recent games they have been adding so many useless stuff and aren’t really progressing. A Pokemon game with a nice long story after the Ligue would be great. And also better visuals, movements etc.

I hope Game Freak finally realise they have to step their pussy up.

Comment

• I’m three hours in and enjoying it so far. I like how they tried to build the story up a bit in the beginning and make some kind of a proper “intro” for your journey, because after these three hours I haven’t even been to the town with the first gym. In the other Pokémon games that I’ve played it’s more like “here’s your first Pokémon, go become the champ, bye”.

Comment

• Originally posted by SilentDream View Post
                I’m three hours in and enjoying it so far. I like how they tried to build the story up a bit in the beginning and make some kind of a proper “intro” for your journey, because after these three hours I haven’t even been to the town with the first gym. In the other Pokémon games that I’ve played it’s more like “here’s your first Pokémon, go become the champ, bye”.
                Yes! That is something I also liked a lot!

Same for the arrival to the first town. It took longer than usually and that was a nice change.

Comment

• I could do with less reading tbh

I was sceptical about this, my excitement died closer to the release and although some of the problems definitely are there, I’m kind of loving it so far. It took me over 6 hours to get to the first gym! Currently I’m at 10 hours and just beat the second gym. It’s beautiful, maybe not for a game on the Switch (BOTW used as reference) but there’s a lot good to these games.

I’m impressed

Comment

• This is a little funny, found this on youtube: 'The Kanto Pokerap; Galarian Edit' (it only mentions the Gen 1 pokemon appearing in Sw/Sh. Everything else is redacted/blacked out).

Comment

• My other half has been playing it, but I'm kinda not really that interested, I would be if I could catch every pokemon, but I'm not interested in catching 300 or so random ones. Plus all new pokemon don't really look like Pokemon to me, it's a new animation style.
                      1 pnau |2 Gabrielle Aplin |3 Dotter|4 Sofi Tukker |5 Afrojack

Comment

• I already finished the game and while I really enjoyed it, I think there are some flaws as well, for example the too low difficulty, the rather short length of the main story and the almost non-existent post game content. But overall it’s a good game imo and it has implemented some cool new features as well, such as the Wild Area which is fun to explore.

I also liked this idea of turning the whole “becoming the champ” thing into a challenge for trainers, because it was more realistic to see other trainers trying to become the champ as well instead of just my rival and me. And the world kinda felt more “alive” due to gym battles taking place in big stadiums with fans and being able to meet other challengers etc.

Comment

• I haven't been on Pokemon Go in months, but why are they still sending notifications of challenges that try and get people out and about...like seriously...that is not cool.
                          1 pnau |2 Gabrielle Aplin |3 Dotter|4 Sofi Tukker |5 Afrojack

Comment

• As much as I enjoyed it, I’m glad I deleted this game.

Comment

• A little strange but today i've noticed on reddit the Beta version of Wooper has become a bit of a meme. They could totally bring the design back in Gen 9 as an Alt-Evo line or Regional Variant IMO. Basically it has more frills on its head and waddles around on 4 legs.

Here is a pixel art gif type thing someone made of it: https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/com...art_animation/

Comment

Working...
                              X