German language

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• German language

Since French has its own topic, I thought I could make one for German too.

Let me start with asking what would Lieblingspärchen mean? Like favourite couple,, but is it like partners-couple or two people in general? Danke schön.
    be kind to every kind (also the unkind kind!!!!! )

Oh, my favorite word: Schadenfreude!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q45x4EOEPI (And one of my favorite songs as an ode to this word!)

Comment

Lieblingspärchen? Never heard of that word before, but I assume that it refers to a bunch of couples (two people in love with each other) and one is your favourite among them all.
      Je n'ai qu'une philosophie: Être acceptée comme je suis. Malgré tout ce qu'on me dit, je reste le poing levé.

Say no to streaming!

Comment

Thank god, no more german posts in other threads
        last.fm

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy94
          Lieblingspärchen? Never heard of that word before, but I assume that it refers to a bunch of couples (two people in love with each other) and one is your favourite among them all.
          my friend posted a comment under a pic of me and my friend. I googled it and it exist tho, but I guess it's not official. It's weird tho, cuz there are so many compounded words and this is not the one.

Comment

I guess he meant that you and your friend ( ) are his favorite couple from all the couples he knows.

I hate the word Schienenersatzverkehr, in the light of current events. :evil:
            ¡Eh, mamá!
            Me quiero matar
            El mundo se va a la mierda
            Y no he hecho nada

Comment

Yeah, that's the good thing about our language, you can specify them by making them longer . The best example is our dear Rhabarberbarbara !
              Je n'ai qu'une philosophie: Être acceptée comme je suis. Malgré tout ce qu'on me dit, je reste le poing levé.

Say no to streaming!

Comment

It's a girl, so she's definitely just a friend. I think he thinks different tho.

Comment

^ Yes indeed he thinks you two have sex and all that.
                  last.fm
                  Chun's monthly most listened

Comment

Originally posted by Chun
                    ^ Yes indeed he thinks you two have sex and all that.
                    We do, but not with each other.

Comment

are there really ppl speaking german in this world? Isn't it more like english spiced with some ancient german words?

Whenever i walk thru my city, all i see are red signs which say "sale".. and one clerk once told me - when i asked him where to find a particular pair of trousers which i wanted to buy - "Da musst du im sales gucken". A sentence I have yet to figure out what it means. I turned on my heels and said.. A+ (á plus)
                      My Chart

Comment

Ich liebe Deutsch, aber wo ist der Spanische Faden?

Comment

Originally posted by Airwrecka
                          Ich liebe Deutsch, aber wo ist der Spanische Faden?
                          Ische nicht verstand, du sagen? Das Spanische Fäden? Der Bedeutet ist?
                          My Chart

Comment

Thread=Faden
                            I don't know if there's a Spanish thread tbh
                            ¡Eh, mamá!
                            Me quiero matar
                            El mundo se va a la mierda
                            Y no he hecho nada

Comment

Originally posted by Serby
                              Let me start with asking what would Lieblingspärchen mean? Like favourite couple,, but is it like partners-couple or two people in general? Danke schön.
                              She thought of ''Liebespärchen'' maybe? Kao -''ljubavni par''. Is that gwarl even German?

Comment

Originally posted by stevyy
                                are there really ppl speaking german in this world?
                                We better learn German, Allemagne is the land of opportunity.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/eur ... story.html

Comment

Originally posted by theArmy
                                  She thought of ''Liebespärchen'' maybe? Kao -''ljubavni par''. Is that gwarl even German?
                                  Liebespärchen sounds a bit doppelt-gemoppelt though . I'd either say Liebespaar or Pärchen .

Say no to streaming!

Comment

Oh I love German...

Ich hab Deutsch an der Universität gelernt. Ich spreche ein bischen, es ist meine lieblingsprache nach Englisch. sie ist nicht schwierig zu sprechen! Momentan lerne ich nicht mehr Deutsch an der Uni, nur selbst zu Hause durch Lesen und Fernsehgucken oder musik horen
                                    Don't Worry, Cause You're Really Not That Hard to Replace.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy94
                                      Liebespärchen sounds a bit doppelt-gemoppelt though . I'd either say Liebespaar or Pärchen .
                                      I hear Lieberpärchen on German television all the time

Comment

I study German (and Spanish) linguistics at uni so it's clear that I love German! It's so sad that a lot of people will always place Germany and the German language within a pejorative context though.

Comment

I am German
                                          I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

Originally posted by stevyy
                                            Ische nicht verstand, du sagen?:
                                            Is this German?

Girl firend is Serbian, and so is the guy that commented. He always asks me if I was with any of my friends. :-?

Comment

I love the word "Habseligkeiten" (speak in English: Hub-seh-lish-ky-ten). It means something like "belongings".

Comment

Originally posted by keks
                                                I love the word "Habseligkeiten" (speak in English: Hub-seh-lish-ky-ten). It means something like "belongings".
                                                why the sh though, shouldn't it be either lich or lig?

Comment

^ Yeah but in English you'd pronounce that as "lick", right?

Comment

Working...
                                                  X