No announcement yet.

German language

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I don't personally find hören amusing, so I'm just assuming that's why.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy94
      @fpfbm54: Of course, I mean how should I get the connection ?
      It's that thing you put into the möse, if you want to.
      ¡Eh, mamá!
      Me quiero matar
      El mundo se va a la mierda
      Y no he hecho nada

Comment

Funny thing is that Muschi = vagina = cat and Möpse = tits = dogs.

Comment

lol. Private dick is Privatdetektiv. http://en-de.dict.cc/?s=dick
          last.fm
          Chun's monthly most listened

Comment

Originally posted by Airwrecka
            I really don't know why it's such a big dil do.

Comment

Originally posted by fpfbm54
              And up to now I didn't get why people laughed at the word "dick" !
              Really though??
              timmy, what is this mess? do you ever google about adult stuff?

mess about hören/wh*re For me, funny word is Kurve (which would be curves in English), but it's written exactly the same in Serbian and it means whores.
              be kind to every kind (also the unkind kind!!!!! )

Comment

Originally posted by keks
                Originally posted by Airwrecka
                I really don't know why it's such a big dil do.
                marina, ha diamonds

deal though = dildo

Comment

Oh God.. I'm a little drunk after "celebrating" another flop exam and typing on the phone (with the keyboard set to British English) is a mess. I, of course, meant Honig and not Hönig

Yup, I knew that -ig at the end should be pronounced as -ich but I can swear that I did hear people saying König/Honig (like Iggy) and not Könich/Honich. Or maybe I confused myself here. :-?

As for "dick", my German teacher at Göthe Institut in Delhi turned a few shades red when forming sentences like "Michael ist dick" and there was a student by the name Michael there in class. She blamed it on the Tangram book we used.
                  Dans ce convoi de larmes
                  Je te dédie ma mort
                  Et je saigne, saigne encore...

Comment

Originally posted by Chun
                    lol. Private dick is Privatdetektiv. http://en-de.dict.cc/?s=dick
                    And apparently Serby refers to a dick as Zumpferl .

@Keks: Yeah, some old women call their cats Muschi . And yeah, Möpse = pugs, that's usually the center of many jokes around here .

@Serby: Messy Serbians . I mean I know the English word "dick" but when I read the German word somewhere, I wouldn't expect people to actually laugh about it .
                    Je n'ai qu'une philosophie: Être acceptée comme je suis. Malgré tout ce qu'on me dit, je reste le poing levé.

Say no to streaming!

Comment

Originally posted by Serby
                      Really though??

mess about hören/wh*re For me, funny word is Kurve (which would be curves in English), but it's written exactly the same in Serbian and it means whores.
                      Frauen wollen dünn sein, Männer wollen Kurven.
                      last.fm

Comment

As I told you before, we had a cat when I was 3 years old. She was named Muschi. Muschi died in a car accident.
                        last.fm

Comment

Really though??

Except the gays who want 6-pack abs
                          Dans ce convoi de larmes
                          Je te dédie ma mort

Comment

lundpop messing up jokes about languages .
                            Je n'ai qu'une philosophie: Être acceptée comme je suis. Malgré tout ce qu'on me dit, je reste le poing levé.

Say no to streaming!

Comment

and we pronounce 'wolle' for lieben, so I read it as guys want hoes and guys like hoes.

Comment

guys want hoes and guys like hoes.
                                Slogan for Miley's success.
                                My tits are made of silicone, just like the Earth and sea...

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyCrazy
                                  And we can't stop...

Say no to streaming!

Comment

lundpop messing up jokes about languages .
                                    I'm drunk so forgive me tonight
                                    Dans ce convoi de larmes
                                    Je te dédie ma mort

Comment

I hate German, whywould you use those long ords, WHYYY

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyCrazy
                                        you wanna say that she's a hoe cuz of her overly-sexy image? Or you think she does sex for money?

Comment

Originally posted by toni_pest
                                          Because they are cool, just ask Rhabarberbarbara !

Say no to streaming!

Comment

As I told you before, we had a cat when I was 3 years old. She was named Muschi. Muschi died in a car accident.
                                            Awe, sorry to hear that. :(

STAHP promoting that thing!

Toni, it's actually really cool. Words aren't really long on their own, cuz if they are it's almost for sure it's a compound word, made out of more words, it's practical.

Comment

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donaudampf ... pit%C3%A4n
                                              last.fm

Comment

Donau­dampfschiffahrts­elektrizitäten­hauptbetriebswerk­bauunterbeamten­gesellschaft
                                                last.fm

Comment

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donaudampf ... pit%C3%A4n
                                                  Actually, if it is broken down into bits, it is not that hard to remember.
                                                  Dans ce convoi de larmes
                                                  Je te dédie ma mort

Comment

Donau­dampfschiffahrts­elektrizitäten­hauptbetriebswerk­bauunterbeamten­gesellschaft
                                                    Rindfleischetikettierungsüberwachungsaufgabenübertragungsgesetz though !

Germany - the country of the useless laws . A shorter but just as funny word is Fleischereifachverkäuferin .

@lundpop: Although you are a drunk alien ? I already struggle to read that text .

Say no to streaming!

Comment

These two really exist in German law language:

Rindfleisch­etikettierungs­überwachungs­aufgaben­übertragungs­gesetz
                                                      Grundstücks­verkehrs­genehmigungs­zuständigkeits­übertragungs­verordnung
                                                      last.fm

Comment

Ah, infamous Donau word.

I think the problem is not having liong word, it's how Germans (or German language) tends to exaggerate with it, making unencecary compund words.

Comment

These two really exist in German law language:

Rindfleisch­etikettierungs­überwachungs­aufgaben­übertragungs­gesetz
                                                          Grundstücks­verkehrs­genehmigungs­zuständigkeits­übertragungs­verordnung
                                                          i can't

I cracked up at Tschewaptschitschi, Serbian dish or whatever or wherever it's from. We actually have more than just tsch, like softer tsch. Or even harder, dz.

Comment

Speaking of foreign language, it's always funny how East European languages can mess up a name. In Germany, we say e.g. Christina, yet they usually mess it up to like Krysztyna .

Say no to streaming!

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=547a5esPuqE
                                                              last.fm

Comment

Working...
                                                              X