No announcement yet.

German language

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Didn’t this Sarah Connor sis appropriate Family Affair and only got up as high as #54 in my hole?
    Originally posted by SawyerHewitt
    All dem dead musicians rolling over in their graves 'cause they were never able to come up w/smth as epic and timeless as Kween when she crafted this.

Happy B' day, We beGOAT together <3

Comment

• I'm sorry [MENTION=65100]aRat[/MENTION] but I find her unbearable. Her voice always reminds me of a good singer with too much to drink. If that even makes sense.
      "Is Stalin on your shoulder..."
      https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeveren-1/jasper-russia
      "..as he was with his composers?"

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post
        Um what bout Juju and Loredana?
        outtalented and outstreamed all of the above

And no.. Helene, Sarah and Andrea would not be successful if they were American and sang in English. The majority of their fanbase consists of conservative, uneducated, uncultured housewives aged 50+ who only speak and understand German. They would unstan immediately if their faves started singing in English. They would also unstan immediately if their faves started singing about anything other than love and heartbreak or over anything but a basic Schlager beat. And they would've never stanned in the first place if their faves had been born non-white.

I don't know what a Kerstin is.

Comment

• @Rihab sis that doesn't apply to Sarah, she sings about Sex and Gheys in her german songs.

Comment

@Rihab sis that doesn't apply to Sarah, she sings about Sex and Gheys in her german songs.
            You're so easy

Comment

• Miss Connor is the best German female, followed by Miss Europe, Lena.

Helene is probably #3 when it comes to qualitea muzik.

Andrea Berg is just who ... old people who love watching someone performing on cocaine.
              My Chart

Comment

• [MENTION=27834]Rihab[/MENTION]: That's not what I meant. I meant the following: If they lived in the US and sang in English but had the same image and music, would they be as successful in the US as they are now in Germany?
                ~ representing the LBC ~

Comment

• my early teens...actually the song is kinda catchy and goofy
                  Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• Sarah Connor was succesfull with her English songs. She had five #1 hits.

She was like the German Mariah Carey.

Music Is The Key is like her answer to One Sweet Day.

And From Sarah With Love is her My All.

Can't believe [MENTION=87497]Hejira[/MENTION] doesn't like her.

My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

She was like the German Mariah Carey.
                      Sarah sweetie...

Comment

Sarah sweetie...
                        I knew you wouldn't like it, but I always loved her English songs because they sound like they could have be sung/written by Mariah. Sarah was obviously inspired by Mariah. The sound of her songs, the way she sings them, even the dance remixes... And I don't mean this to throw shade. I loved her for it.

Comment

• I don't really know how is Sarah Connor related to German language, since 99% of her catalogue is in broken English.

Comment

• Originally posted by heppolo View Post
                            I don't really know how is Sarah Connor related to German language, since 99% of her catalogue is in broken English.
                            The last five years she has mostly released German music. Her two German studio albums went platinum.

Comment

The last five years she has mostly released German music. Her two German studio albums went platinum.
                              Yet here we are still talking about her disposable English-language songs which many would rather forget. She did alright with those songs chart-wise, but was it really original material?

Comment

Can't believe @Hejira doesn't like her.

Why is that hard to believe? Besides Mariah we have a completely different taste in music.
                                And honestly saying she's the German Mariah is to me plain insulting to Mariah's voice. Back when that dreadful "Sarah with love" song was popular people constantly were asking me "IS THIS MARIAH?" and I was like, are your ears literally clogged?
                                Last edited by Hejira; Mon January 6th, 2020, 14:51.

Comment

• who cares about Mariah and Sarah, when Germany had alcobangers like this?

Comment

• Heidi Bruhl was the best German female singer.

My celebrity crushes : Monika Sedziuviene, Kristina Ivanova (YVA).

Dreamer, you must to visit Lithuania and see/listen a live concert of your YVA strawberries.

Comment

• Now I would never listen to their "music" but some of these local rappers are qute

Comment

• The interesting thing is that these rappers' songs have like zero cultural impact... 10 years ago, there were fewer rappers, but once a song reached the top 10, people actually recognized it, referred to it and either liked it or not. With all the rap songs in the top 10 these days, most are simply unknown to the public. I guess the last two 'hip hop' songs that actually had some cultural impact were 'Was du Liebe nennst' and 'Vermissen'. The rest... was like there. And what's up with all the rappers popping out of the nothing? It all started with Capital Bra and I completely lost overview ever since.
                                        ~ representing the LBC ~

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                          The interesting thing is that these rappers' songs have like zero cultural impact... 10 years ago, there were fewer rappers, but once a song reached the top 10, people actually recognized it, referred to it and either liked it or not. With all the rap songs in the top 10 these days, most are simply unknown to the public. I guess the last two 'hip hop' songs that actually had some cultural impact were 'Was du Liebe nennst' and 'Vermissen'. The rest... was like there. And what's up with all the rappers popping out of the nothing? It all started with Capital Bra and I completely lost overview ever since.
                                          How can you impact a culture that doesn't exist though? We simply don't have a universal national culture (anymore) and I'm not sure it ever existed. If it did, the internet and social media killed it once and for all. All the different subgroups of society (teens, metropolitan liberals, rural right-wingers, lgbts, vegans, other minorities...) are pretty much doing their own thing now, developing their own subcultures and realities. And if you're not part of / have little contact with a certain subculture, you're unlikely to know what's going on on the inside.

Some of these rappers you're talking about (e.g. Capital Bra, Apache, Loredana) have had absolutely massive impact on German (urban) youth culture over the past 12 months or so. But if you're not in the 14-25 age bracket yourself, don't have kids or friends who are or work with teens on a daily basis (e.g. as a teacher), you probably won't notice. To you, it might seem like every week, a new random rapper appears out of nowhere and debuts at #1, but others are actually streaming them, talking about them, following them on instagram, adopting words / phrases used in their songs, copying their style and so on. That is cultural impact. Just not on your culture.

Comment

• Your post is definitely on point and mentions multiple notable aspects. I guess those subcultures have existed before, but I only started noticing their impact with acts charting high that are basically unknown to other subgroups of society during the last two years. You know, I grew up during the 00s, when it was still kind of usual for a top 10 hit to be universally liked by everyone and their mother. As much as I appreciate individuality, I wouldn't mind the different subgroups of society returning to at least some common interests again .
                                            ~ representing the LBC ~

Comment

• I would really like to learn German. I started watching a movie with German subtitles. I would be glad if someone advised me on high-quality online courses so that I can quickly learn how to speak this interesting language.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rihab View Post

How can you impact a culture that doesn't exist though?
                                                Like this

Comment

• My way of checking out new music has changed so much these past few years, but sometimes I realize I am really late to the party.

IDK for who these kind of songs are made, I love this one here out of nowhere kind of relatable
                                                  With 'Sweet But Psycho', the best #1 hit of 2019 in our charts

cd/vinyl collection instagram
                                                  http://www.instagram.com/i.love.collecting.cds

Comment

• The thing with german charts is that they don't incorporate airplay at all for the charts. If they did then all these rap songs wouldn't dominate and we would have many pop hits charting high and having longevity.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X