Italian language

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Italian language

Well, since most languages got threads, as a student of Italian language and literature I have to make one for this beautiful, melodic language.

Over 60 million people speak it as their native language.

According to a survey, Italian is said to be the most romantic language in the world.

http://zoomata.com/archive/italian-worl ... rvey-says/

Some of Italian words are the most romantic in the world, like:

amore = love
    bellissima = most beautiful
    tesoro = treasure
    dolcezza = sweetness
    innamorato = enamoured, in love

Words like pizza, ciao, mozzarella, piano, spaghetti are part of all other cultures and languages.

Ciao a tutti.

I heard Italian is one of the easiest languages to learn. My sister, that is a dummy for languages, said it was really easy.

That being said, For an unknown reason, I don't find Italian that attractive. It's nice, but I don't really feel like learing it in the future, tho that might change.
    be kind to every kind (also the unkind kind!!!!! )

Comment

Mortadella

I won't write anything in Italian because mine is soooo rusty I can't even form a decent sentence anymore, btu when I start learning it again I'll drop by.

Shame because I've been "learning" it since kindergarden through elementary and high school, but never showed a big interest so it all went to waste. But I guess I have the basics somewhere in my memory so I'll renew them easily. I can understand a lot and say some basic shite. it's a really easy language to learn and pronounce!
      last.fm

Comment

OMG, are we gonna have a thread for every language lol?

I'm here for learning some Italian.

Comment

Originally posted by Serby
          I heard Italian is one of the easiest languages to learn. My sister, that is a dummy for languages, said it was really easy.
          It's really easy, but not THAT much if you want to speak it perfectly. Especially when it comes to the verbs, they're all different for each person.

For example, while in english you have:

I talk
          You talk
          He/She/It talkS
          We talk
          You talk
          They talk

In italian is:

Io parlO
          Tu parlI
          Lui/Lei/Esso parlA
          Noi parlIAMO
          Voi parlATE
          Essi parlANO
          Lollo's Weekly Chart - 11/09/2016

Comment

The verbs are ok, it's like in every Rom. language. What bothers me is the "polite" 3rd person Lei, confuses me all the time. Oh and I didn't know about esso I always assumed it was just lui/lei.

Oh and I hate congiuntivo and its existence but that's in other related languages too.
            last.fm

Comment

That's not a big deal, not at all. You have it in Spanish and German too, plus in Serbian it's as complicated as it gets. Almost everything changes depending on the gender, so in past tense, you have separate sufixes deepneding on if it's about boy(s) or girl(s) or mixed.

Comment

Originally posted by mrlemonade
                Oh and I hate congiuntivo and its existence but that's in other related languages too.
                Well, yeah. But when I went to Italy no one was using it Our professors told us that just eloquent and educated people actually use it. But at uni, if we don't put SIA after penso/credo che, they'll kill you and consider that you don't know grammar correctly.
                Passato remoto and preposizioni articolate can be difficult though.

Comment

I love Italian.
                  I was learning it fo 9 years. Unfortunately, when you don't use language very much in everyday life you forget many stuff that you learnt, but I can communicate in Italian. Well at least I think I can
                  It's a beautiful language and its grammar is waaay easier than the English one

Comment

Italiano l'accento più sexy del mondo: il sondaggio della Cnn

È l'italiano l'accento più «sexy» del mondo, secondo quanto rivela un sondaggio singolare condotto dalla Cnn usando Facebook, in una classifica il cui «podio» è tutto latino: secondo e terzo infatti si sono piazzati gli accenti in inglese rispettivamente dei francesi e degli spagnoli.

Sexy Dal risultato (anche se è ancora possibile esprimersi attraverso il social network) è emerso che tra le 7 mila lingue al mondo, quello italiano è il preferito in quanto «è un gioco vocale che riflette lo spettro dell'esperienza italica: il fuoco dei suoi inizi bellicosi, il romanticismo del Rinascimento la disfunzione di qualcosa simile a un governo dai tempi di Cesare».

Il podio Il suono viene descritto come quello di un «sassofono Ferrari». Al secondo posto si classifica il francese (una lingua erotica) e al terzo lo spagnolo, sensuale e accennata, ma con la la passione per scatenare l'inferno.

http://www.ilmessaggero.it/PRIMOPIANO/C ... 9669.shtml

Comment

I love that Las Ketchup song

Comment

Originally posted by theArmy
                        Asereje? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0PisGe66mY
                        But that's a Spanish song.

Comment

Originally posted by duxi91
                          oh

Comment

oh
                            Thought that was meant as clever reference to the fact that probably most of us won't get what duxi wrote, it wasn't?
                            ¡Eh, mamá!
                            Me quiero matar
                            El mundo se va a la mierda
                            Y no he hecho nada

Comment

oh
                              girl, where have you been living? They are Spanish, but I believe that the song is completely sung in gibberish.

About the article...Italians have the sexiest accent, or what?

Comment

oh
                                girl, where have you been living? They are Spanish, but I believe that the song is completely sung in gibberish.

About the article...Italians have the sexiest accent, or what?
                                Yes, that's what it says. According to that article, French is the second one and Spanish is the third one!
                                Lollo's Weekly Chart - 11/09/2016

Comment

@ fpfbm54 LOL
                                  @Serby Yup. It's not that hard to understand. There was a research on Facebook about the sexiest accent and Italian won. French came the second, Spanish the third.
                                  You can see the article in English here - http://edition.cnn.com/2014/09/17/travel/sexy-accents/

Comment

Thanks.

I don't, for some reason I'm not too fond on Italian when it comes to Romance languages. I feel like they accent things a lot, and apeak loud. And it sounds kinda dramatic cuz of its accent.

Comment

Originally posted by fpfbm54
                                      oh
                                      Thought that was meant as clever reference to the fact that probably most of us won't get what duxi wrote, it wasn't?
                                      Yess!! but I also thought Asereje was Italian

Comment

That being said, For an unknown reason, I don't find Italian that attractive. It's nice, but I don't really feel like learing it in the future, tho that might change.
                                        #TakesNote

Crazy4DaveFranco....ehm, i mean Brad

Comment

Italian is a beautiful language tbh. I prefer it miles over spanish, which is an awful language to hear as an outsider tbh. They talk so fast and loud (well most of them) + Italian men >>>. Bye.
                                          "The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal"
                                          Last.FM
                                          Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by MichielMC
                                            Italian men >>>. Bye.
                                            best example ANDY <3
                                            My Chart

Comment

Originally posted by stevyy
                                              Italian men >>>. Bye.
                                              best example ANDY <3
                                              You look a bit high in your avatar picture . Your previous one was sexier! Roar.
                                              "The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal"
                                              Last.FM
                                              Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by mrlemonade
                                                btu when I start learning it again I'll drop by.
                                                still haven't started #flopplans

but seeing that crazy4brit is from there (hopefully northern italy), I just might he he

also, I'd rank the sexiness like: french > portuguese > australian eng > spanish > italian >>>>> everything else
                                                last.fm

Comment

They talk so fast and loud (well most of them) + Italian men >>>. Bye.
                                                  True!

Originally posted by stevyy
                                                  Italian men >>>. Bye.
                                                  best example ANDY <3
                                                  Ooohh stevvy <3
                                                  Crazy4DaveFranco....ehm, i mean Brad

Comment

Working...
                                                  X