The Nutrition Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Nutrition Thread

I thought it would be fun to have a nutrition thread to talk about food types and their health benefits.

I currently try to cut down carbs and do some keto-based diet. Not as strict though.

Avocados and eggs are my obsession. Get them good fats in.
    YOU KNOW ME, I JUST DON'T STOP. | My last.fm

I've tried quite a few things over the years, but eventually settled on a vegetarian diet with low dairy intake. I feel like that's the happy medium for me. Wouldn't want to go back to eating meat (ever!), but I also don't think I could maintain a balanced vegan diet.

So far, this is also the only diet where I haven't noticed any complaints from my body (like low energy, bad skin, minor injuries taking months to heal). In fact, my weight is perfect now, my blood levels are perfect, my blood pressure is perfect (not a given, since almost everyone in the family including my younger sister and cousins have high blood pressure), my skin has gotten better and I feel healthy overall.

I tried keto a few years ago (I have a friend who swears by it) and it was the absolute worst! Never felt so horrible in my entire life. Dangerous trend, imo.

Comment

I‘ve cut out dairy completely.

I get nauseous when consuming it and my skin immediately deteriorates. So nah to milk!

Caffeine and alcohol should be mentioned here too - I know that life is boring without it. However, the effect of being caffeine- and booze-free is IMMENSE.

Comment

Originally posted by Loose View Post
        I get nauseous when consuming it and my skin immediately deteriorates. So nah to milk!

Caffeine and alcohol should be mentioned here too - I know that life is boring without it. However, the effect of being caffeine- and booze-free is IMMENSE.
        So true! Never believed reports like this until I tried it myself, but milk really is evil!

I love cheese though (in moderate amounts) and won‘t refuse to eat something because it has some cream in it, but I won't buy yogurt or (cow) milk anymore and that's already doing wonders for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Rihab View Post

So true! Never believed reports like this until I tried it myself, but milk really is evil!

I love cheese though (in moderate amounts) and won‘t refuse to eat something because it has some cream in it, but I won't buy yogurt or (cow) milk anymore and that's already doing wonders for me.
          What is your favourite non dairy milk alternative ?

Comment

I love coconut and almond milk

Comment

Originally posted by Loose View Post
              I love coconut and almond milk
              I love coconut but recently started using Oat more. Almond is great for smoothies.

Comment

Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                What is your favourite non dairy milk alternative ?
                Oat by far, but I only really use it for coffee and cereals.

Love coconut milk for cooking, but it's closer to cream than to milk imo. I don't think you can drink it?!

Comment

Originally posted by Rihab View Post

Oat by far, but I only really use it for coffee and cereals.

Love coconut milk for cooking, but it's closer to cream than to milk imo. I don't think you can drink it?!
                  yeah theres a lighter version that you drink, not the thick coconut cream canned stuff you prob use. Alpro do a coconut milk, same consistency as almond.

Comment

I could lose 30 pounds. That says it all about my nutrition.

I loooooooove ice cream. And whiskey...

Comment

I usually drink goat milk.
                      My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

Working...
                      X