Are you afraid of death?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you afraid of death?

Question I always ask myself. For me personally, no. How about you?
    Yes
    60.00%
    No
    40.00%
    | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

I've been thinking about this lately and I think it's because I'm starting to believe there's nothing after death. And honestly that terrifies me

Comment

I am not afraid of the actual moment of death or what may or may not be after that but I am terrified of all the suffering that usually leads to death, so yeah, as a process it really really scares me.
      jio CHARTS NOW:25/5/2020: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...6#post10400726

Comment

Originally posted by jio View Post
        I am not afraid of the actual moment of death or what may or may not be after that but I am terrified of all the suffering that usually leads to death, so yeah, as a process it really really scares me.
        The thought of the process is intimidating but I see it as it is what will be. I can hope for the best but I’ll welcome that MF!!!
        | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

Originally posted by jason2379 View Post
          I've been thinking about this lately and I think it's because I'm starting to believe there's nothing after death. And honestly that terrifies me
          Omg, it's this for me as well - I have a friend who's very spiritual and I sometimes talk to her about this. I really cannot get to grips with there being anything after death - I sincerely hope there is.

The thought that you live, you die and then the world just continues on without you, forever - that's it...makes me shudder.

Comment

I believe in life after death. Still, to die scares me as you are not sure and it's out of your control.
            My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

I am really bipolar about this. I don't think there's any life after death and when I have a moment of clarity that sheer thought is frightening.
              Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

Yes of course I'm afrad of death. It's a natural and normal fear among the human race, the fear could mean many things (the fact that we love to be alive, the uncertain feeling about what happens after death, the suffering of our death, leaving loved ones behind, etc).

I have a healthy fear towards it though, I'm not living my life thinking that much about it, sometimes I even forget about (my) death .... But the times I think about it feels so surreal to me like I can't believe it , the thought that one day I will wake up to actually die and not exist anymore and that it's something 100% certain to happen gives me chills.
                Last edited by MrLeonix; Thu March 26th, 2020, 23:12.
                Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

I feel like I am more afraid of how I will die than the actual thought.
                  Diva!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TIfan View Post
                    I feel like I am more afraid of how I will die than the actual thought.
                    This exactly! Death is just part of life, so I'm not concerned with death itself. The unpredictability of it is a little concerning and I just hope I don't go out in a violent way. A lot of family members have died in their sleep, so that's kind of how I envision my big exit
                    The sands of time fade into dark
                    Feel your pulse it's groove o'clock
                    A message to madness
                    Feel music that's realness

Comment

Im trying not to think of it

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne View Post

Omg, it's this for me as well - I have a friend who's very spiritual and I sometimes talk to her about this. I really cannot get to grips with there being anything after death - I sincerely hope there is.

The thought that you live, you die and then the world just continues on without you, forever - that's it...makes me shudder.
                        That's probably a big part why religion exists - WHY are we here and WHAT can we do to not just die and that's it. A concept to just die like every creature on earth is hard for humans to envision. For how we build our world and how we think we're the most intelligent and important species - it's hard for our brains to accept the fact that we don't actually matter. I envision it like falling asleep Just that you never wake up. Not the process leading to it for most of us of course but the actual moment. The world also goes on without you while you sleep, it's just one of those good nights without any dreams where time flies by.
                        aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

Hmmm, I wouldn't say afraid. I think about it often. I know I don't want to die unhappy.

Comment

I don't spend my days in fear of it but it's not something I'm looking forward to anytime soon. Too many questions about what does or doesn't come after.
                            "Lift up your head
                            Lift up your heart..."

https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeve...orest-of-glass

Comment

Oh hell yes 100%. It is and has always been my biggest fear. I could write an essay about this as there’s so many aspects of it that are scary to me.
                              Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

Death should be embraced. Our time on this earth is on borrowed time.
                                There are people you young and old dying daily. Some through “natural” causes, some through sickness, some through tragic circumstances.
                                Just know that our time on this earth is limiter, and do what you can and be happy with it at the end of each day.

When you embrace death, you live more fearlessly I guess.

Comment

I'm fearful of dying young. There are so many things I want to do before I die and dying before I get the opportunity to do those things would be unfortunate. I oftentimes wish we came with an expiration date so we knew exactly when our death would come and we could live our lives accordingly. I would shift things dramatically if I knew my expiration date was 30, as opposed to, say, 80.
                                  Akini's Top 400 Songs of the Decade: [135-131]

Comment

Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
                                    I'm fearful of dying young. There are so many things I want to do before I die and dying before I get the opportunity to do those things would be unfortunate. I oftentimes wish we came with an expiration date so we knew exactly when our death would come and we could live our lives accordingly. I would shift things dramatically if I knew my expiration date was 30, as opposed to, say, 80.
                                    But if you knew at what age you would die... I think a lot of people would get fearful the closer they get to that age. You wouldn't be able to live freely anymore.

It also makes me think of this joke:

A woman gets a dream where she speaks to God. He tells her she will die when she is 88 years old. As the woman is just 38, she decides to make some changes to her looks. As she has another 50 years to live, she thinks it will be worth it. So she gets breasts implants, has her hair dyed blond, goes for hair extensions, has her body fat removed, her teeth done... She feels re-born and goes out to celebrate. But when she wants to cross the street she gets hit by a car and dies. Once she is in heaven, she meets God and tells Him she doesn't understand why He let her die, when He had promised her another 50 years. God looks at her and replies: "I didn't recognize you..."

Comment

^Good joke

Comment

I'm not really afraid of death. I don't wanna die any time soon or anything but, if I did, I'd know that I lived a great (albeit too short) life.

Comment

I kind of agree with jio. I'm afraid of dying, but I'm not afraid of being dead...if that makes sense. I don't believe there is anything after death, so not much you can worry about if you're not around anymore, but it's whatever it is that leads to my death that worries me.
                                          1 Groove Armada|2 Gjons Tears |3 Tove Lo|4 Jack Garratt |5 Sigma|

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan View Post
                                            I'm not really afraid of death. I don't wanna die any time soon or anything but, if I did, I'd know that I lived a great (albeit too short) life.
                                            That’s the aim. Go to sleep knowing you gave everything in anything you did. Sometimes I feel like I have too much passion in a lot of things and relationships. But when I die, I will have zero regrets.

Comment

Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post
                                              I kind of agree with jio. I'm afraid of dying, but I'm not afraid of being dead...if that makes sense. I don't believe there is anything after death, so not much you can worry about if you're not around anymore, but it's whatever it is that leads to my death that worries me.
                                              I'm the other way round. Not really afraid of how I'll die (although I do hope it will be painless). But I'm more afraid of being dead. What if there is no life after death? What if there is nothing? It scares me that there will be nothing.

Comment

Don’t want to intertwine topics but between the Muslims and Christians, one or both religions are going to be disappointed when they die. Sometimes I do believe there is an afterlife, based on your actions in this life. Sort of a reincarnation as they put it.

Comment

^Good joke RayRay

Yes, I afraid a bit!

Comment

Working...
                                                  X