Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

September Shread for Fat loss

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • September Shread for Fat loss

    Well here we are again in September! I have been pretty lazy regarding exercise the last two months and been eating too much pasta and chocolate due to being at home a lot more cos of COVID so I am starting a new exercise regime either tomorrow or Monday. This is a serious shread plan that I have put together and will whip your body into shape in 15 days if followed strictly along with a good nutrition plan. It is very intense and I may need to plug in some more rest/ recovery days so it could extend to 18/19 days.


    Anyone who is into training and fancies a challenge can check this out. As I said this is a tough program and will push you to your limits so feel free to just do what you can and always listen to the body and take extra rest when needed. Let's shread !

    Day One to follow

  • #2
    Day One - Resistance

    Warm up:
    1. Joint Mobilisation 4 mins


    2. 5 mins indoor cycling or jogging
    3. Tabata Warm Up 5 mins


    Compound Exercise:
    Barbell Squat - 3*10 reps, 60 seconds rest

    Main Section:
    Tabata Exercises: 8*20 seconds work, 10 seconds rest per exercise ( 1 minute between exercises)
    Timer with music: ( use this to work along to )

    Exercises: Dumbbell Chest Press, Barbell Wide Row, Push Ups, Double Dumbbell Row
    (use the timer above for each exercise, doing 8 sets per exercise before doing the next one)

    Legs/Glues:

    Core/Abs:


    Finishers:
    Upper Body:

    Weights:


    Stretch: Do your own routine or see sample below.
    Last edited by InFamous; Sun September 6, 2020, 00:46.

    Comment


    • #3
      Hey InFamous ,

      wish you the best of luck with your project. I'll definitely check in every now and then. I've got some excessive body fat going on, but I've got to prioritise building up muscles first as shedding fat first would make me look anorexic probably. No college during September and October means that I'll try to go weight lifting almost every day hoping that it will lead to results by the time the studies start again.

      Best regards
      Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
      and everything you stand for?
      Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
      just to tell you that I see more?

      Comment


      • #4
        Day one done. Tough, and I had to take more breaks in those 5 minute workouts !!
        ________________________________________________________________________

        Day 2 is Cardio - a run/ cycle/ swim.

        Finish with some core work and stretching !

        Comment


        • #5
          Took a day off yesterday after doing a light cardio session as above on Day 2. I was still sore from the first workout yesterday so had to rest.

          Day 3 - Resistance

          Warm up - Same as Day 1

          Compound Exercise:
          Barbell Deadlift - 3*10 reps, 60 seconds rest

          Main Section:
          Tabata Exercises: 8*20 seconds work, 10 seconds rest per exercise ( 1 minute between exercises)

          Exercises: Lateral raise, Barbell Curl, Tricep extension, bent over raise, Hammer Curl, Tricep Dips
          (use the timer from Day 1 for each exercise, doing 8 sets per exercise before doing the next one)

          Arms/ Abs:


          Finishers:

          Lower Body:


          Full Body:


          Stretch - Own routine or use Day 1 Sample.

          Comment


          • #6
            Day 4 - Cardio again so i just went for a 40 min easy run.

            Day 5 - An official rest day. Sore all over from this program ( DOMS) arms aching especially. Gonna take the weekend off to recover and just do some easy cardio / core work and come back to this fresh next week. Theres no way I could possibly do another resistance session tomorrow I am definitely gonna need more days to get through this, which is fine.

            Comment


            • #7
              Is this just a diary for you, InFamous , or is everyone allowed to post their workout program in there? I overstrained my right arm at work last week, so it's been a bunch of leg days for me recently. Tomorrow will be the fourth leg workout of the week for me and I hope that I'll be able to strain my arms properly on Sunday again.
              Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
              and everything you stand for?
              Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
              just to tell you that I see more?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                Is this just a diary for you, InFamous , or is everyone allowed to post their workout program in there? I overstrained my right arm at work last week, so it's been a bunch of leg days for me recently. Tomorrow will be the fourth leg workout of the week for me and I hope that I'll be able to strain my arms properly on Sunday again.
                I dont mind if people post their workouts here. 4 leg days ? If you can do four leg days you ain't working hard enough lol. I can barely lift my arms today !!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Haha ^^ ! Well, when your right arm is aching, most upper body workouts don't make sense, so I had to stick with a leg week basically. I rarely had muscle aching after a leg day before. In most cases, there comes a point when I just can't do another repetition or the weight is too heavy so I either can't move it or my back turns into a hollow one to balance it out.
                  Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
                  and everything you stand for?
                  Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
                  just to tell you that I see more?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Yesterday I did chest for the first time in a week (chest press, butterfly, low row, lat pull). That worked quite fine.
                    Today I tried arms, but noticed that my hand wrist isn't fully recovered, so I kind of did a limited version (also for time reasons) without biceps curls. I'll wait a few more days and do another arms day on Thursday.
                    Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
                    and everything you stand for?
                    Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
                    just to tell you that I see more?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                      Yesterday I did chest for the first time in a week (chest press, butterfly, low row, lat pull). That worked quite fine.
                      Today I tried arms, but noticed that my hand wrist isn't fully recovered, so I kind of did a limited version (also for time reasons) without biceps curls. I'll wait a few more days and do another arms day on Thursday.
                      Low row and lat pull are back exercises.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Oh, they are? Good to know, I guess... I'm not super strict when it comes to such splits anyway, I basically do two upper body days and one lower body day. Recently, I do chest press, butterfly, low row and lat pull on one day, and biceps curls, shoulder press, triceps and pull ups on the other. Depending on my mood, I switch it up though, so it's not set in stone.
                        Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
                        and everything you stand for?
                        Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
                        just to tell you that I see more?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                          Oh, they are? Good to know, I guess... I'm not super strict when it comes to such splits anyway, I basically do two upper body days and one lower body day. Recently, I do chest press, butterfly, low row and lat pull on one day, and biceps curls, shoulder press, triceps and pull ups on the other. Depending on my mood, I switch it up though, so it's not set in stone.
                          Just 4 exercises per session ?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Did a light recovery workout on Saturday and a run Sunday. Feel recovered enough to do Day 6 tonight which is resistance again !!

                            Day 6 - Resistance

                            Warm up - Same as the other days

                            Compound exercise - Bench Press 3 * 10

                            Tabata Exercises : 8 * 20 / 10 ( use timer)
                            ( Mountain Climber, Deadlift, Pushup, Overhead Press, Dumbbell Flye, Barbell row)

                            Core/ Abs:


                            Finishers:

                            Full body:


                            Weighted :


                            Stretch:

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              How many do you do per session? I usually stay at the gym for 1-1.5 hours and after 4 exercises with 4*10 repetitions, time is already over.
                              Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
                              and everything you stand for?
                              Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
                              just to tell you that I see more?

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                This thread is str8 wtf

                                BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
                                98 - OUT

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                  How many do you do per session? I usually stay at the gym for 1-1.5 hours and after 4 exercises with 4*10 repetitions, time is already over.
                                  Takes you 1.5 hours to do 16 sets How much rest do you take between sets ? 16 sets should take you 30 mins TOPS. 45 with warm up and stretching.
                                  I don't really ever do that type of training, the stuff I do is what's posted here or stuff like this :


                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    I guess I'm slow indeed ^^ . Before applying for my gym membership, I started with those videos as well. I recognized that working at the machines works better for me than bodyweight training, but obviously, I'm open-minded about different people doing different things to stay fit and reach their goals ;) .
                                    Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
                                    and everything you stand for?
                                    Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
                                    just to tell you that I see more?

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                      I guess I'm slow indeed ^^ . Before applying for my gym membership, I started with those videos as well. I recognized that working at the machines works better for me than bodyweight training, but obviously, I'm open-minded about different people doing different things to stay fit and reach their goals ;) .
                                      Actually machines are not particularly good because they move in pre determined patterns which your body soon becomes very efficient at doing and actually recruits less fibres to do the same thing. If you want to make actual progress you need to move onto free weights.

                                      Also your assertion that those are "starter level videos" are also incorrect. What matters when training is not the actual type of training you do, it's the intensity of effort you put in and therefore the response it ellicts on your muscles and body. Trust that when I finish the routine on Day 6 I will be out of breath and aching all over, because I work hard. And tomorrow I will be sore, and that is what gets results, not taking 90 mins to do 16 sets on machines while browzing UK mix between each one.

                                      You told me that you are never sore after training. That's ineffective. If you are not sore, you are not breaking down the muscle so therefore you won't change anything.

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        I've of course heard of the pre-determined patterns before and I've tried free weights as well. The latter have the disadvantage that using them the wrong way may lead to injuries easier and you need to focus much more on your body tension.
                                        I said that I did those bodyweight trainings at the beginning of my training journey, not that they are just for beginners. They did get me out of breath, but for a different reason than you may expect - my endurance is basically non-existent. That's probably why I take quite a long time doing my exercises ;) .
                                        Regarding feeling sore: I'm currently doing 50kg at the chest press and I'm definitely not in a 'easy peasy' mood about it. i do need to put in a lot of effort to do the reps and there will come a moment when I feel like I can't do another rep. So there is a feeling of exhaustion in some way, it just doesn't result in muscle aching.
                                        Last edited by theMathematician; Mon September 14, 2020, 22:28.
                                        Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
                                        and everything you stand for?
                                        Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
                                        just to tell you that I see more?

                                        Comment


                                        • #21
                                          Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                          I've of course heard of the pre-determined patterns before and I've tried free weights as well. The latter have the disadvantage that using them the wrong way may lead to injuries easier and you need to focus much more on your body tension.
                                          I said that I did those bodyweight trainings at the beginning of my training journey, not that they are just for beginners. They did get me out of breath, but for a different reason than you may expect - my endurance is basically non-existent. That's probably why I take quite a long time doing my exercises ;) .
                                          Regarding feeling sore: I'm currently doing 50kg at the chest press and I'm definitely not in a 'easy peasy' mood about it. i do need to put in a lot of effort to do the reps and there will come a moment when I feel like I can't do another rep. So there is a feeling of exhaustion in some way, it just doesn't result in muscle aching.
                                          If you are weight training and you don't have muscle ache somethings not right. WIthout that, you wont progress/ make changes.

                                          Comment


                                          • #22
                                            Regarding the progresses: I'll try to have a focus on the aforementioned muscle ache during the next couple of trainings. My challenge is definitely to have the weight high enough so that it still feels challenging but not too high to prevent me doing the exercise in a half-assed way.
                                            Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
                                            and everything you stand for?
                                            Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
                                            just to tell you that I see more?

                                            Comment


                                            • #23
                                              Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                              Regarding the progresses: I'll try to have a focus on the aforementioned muscle ache during the next couple of trainings. My challenge is definitely to have the weight high enough so that it still feels challenging but not too high to prevent me doing the exercise in a half-assed way.
                                              You need at least 3 exercises for major muscles, at least 2 for minor muscles. IF you are serious about progressing and making changes via weight lifting 4 exercises in a session is nowhere near enough to see results, especially if its taking you 90 minutes

                                              Leave your phone in the locker and work, Britney

                                              OT - Day 6 done, horrendous.

                                              Comment


                                              • #24
                                                I never take my phone to the gym, but I'll try to do it better, boss !
                                                Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
                                                and everything you stand for?
                                                Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
                                                just to tell you that I see more?

                                                Comment


                                                • #25
                                                  Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                                  I never take my phone to the gym, but I'll try to do it better, boss !
                                                  You need a proper program. Ask the instructors at your gym.

                                                  Comment

                                                  Working...
                                                  X