Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimJim
    Originally posted by Storyteller
    Wait now! If it's being released in North America, then why not in the U.K.,Ireland, Aus and New Zealand?
    Last time I checked, we all spoke English
    The European versions of games come with other languages (German, French, Spanish etc.) - Nintendo of Europe are apparently in need of more time to finish all the translations, whereas the Japanese and English versions are ready to go.

Just a rumour though!
    Ah ok!
    But couldn't they just release it I. English speaking countries and then later in the other countries?

Comment

You would think so .

Nintendo has always been very segmented in their approaches/releases - treating North America, Japan, Europe/AUS/NZ and the others all as separate markets. People are hoping they will get a bit more on the international approach this time around.
      Come Play: GUESS THE VIDEO!

Comment

1. Mario Kart 8 will be ported to Switch for launch, it will have all the original tracks, all the DLC tracks + 16 new tracks

what does this mean? I would have to buy the game a second time? :/ and I hoped for a new one. if It's true I hope I can also buy the new tracks for my Wii U version
        I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

I am thoroughly unimpressed. Splatoon 2 in the summer is not soon enough to warrant a launch purchase, even Zelda at launch since its for Wii U already, especially with the $300 price...shaking my head at Nintendo doing what they do best by focusing on wonky motion games for launch instead of actual games...

Alright even more of a mess is them cutting out a ton of games from the presentation that should have made it but posting youtube trailers for them...

I am ecstatic Bomberman is back! and the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is real (not launch tho :evil: )

Comment

hm just a Deluxe :/ don't know if I buy this when it's released
            I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

Basic summary:
              - USD$299 launch price, includes just the console/basic controllers. Options of grey or coloured (red/blue).
              - 32GB internal memory, can be expanded using micro SDs
              - Battery life is 2.5 - 6.5hr when in portable mode, depending on the game, brightness etc.
              - Online services will be free during launch period, but will be a paid service from Q3 2017

Release Schedule:

March May 2017

Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
              I Am Setsuna
              Super Bomberman R
              Has-Been Heroes
              Just Dance 2017
              The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
              Sonic Mania
              Arms
              Puyo Puyo Tetris
              1-2 Switch
              Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
              The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+
              Cube Life: Island Survival HD
              Redout
              Rime
              Lego City Undercover

June August 2017

Splatoon 2

September October 2017

NBA 2K18

November December 2017

Super Mario Odyssey
              Fire Emblem Warriors

TBC Release Date

Rayman Legends: Definitive Edition
              Minecraft Story Mode: Complete Edition
              Fast RMX
              Steep
              Disgaea 5 Complete
              Dragon Quest X
              Dragon Quest XI
              Dragon Quest Heroes I & II
              Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom
              Dungeon of Zaar
              FIFA
              Constructor HD
              Dragonball Xenoverse 2
              New Frontier Days: Founding Pioneers
              Riverside
              Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers
              Xenoblade Chronicles 2
              Wonderboy: The Dragon's Trap
              No More Heroes 2
              The Sacred Hero
              Seasons of Heavne
              Shovel Knight
              Stardew Valley
              Tank It!
              Yooka-Laylee

Comment

Kind of unimpressed with the launch titles and the price should have been 250.00$ since it has no game included or it would've been $299 with Zelda included.
                Battery could last from 2.5 up to 6 hours depending on the game so that's a baffle as well cause nobody wants to just play some type of candy Crush with this.

PROS:
                the games lineup itself is great for future reference as even FIFA is coming to the switch and thats a major support from EA

Comment

Me: - Can you believe it? These motherf***ers priced the Switch at 329.
                  Friend: - I know, right? They're crazy.
                  Me: - I'm afraid this will die soon like the Wii U system.
                  Friend: - Did you pre-ordered yours?
                  Me: - Yep And you?
                  Friend: - Me too.

My life right now
                  BLΛƆKPIИK is the revolution

Comment

That makes no sense, or should be less in euros than dollars, not mire

Comment

The US $299 doesn't include sales tax because it is different in every state. For example, in Spain the Switch is cheaper than in the US before taxes but more expensive at retail price because we pay like 21% of IVA (our sales tax)

At the end, the difference is not that much, like 20-25 or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by JeyBeMust
                        The US $299 doesn't include sales tax because it is different in every state. For example, in Spain the Switch is cheaper than in the US before taxes but more expensive at retail price because we pay like 21% of IVA (our sales tax)

At the end, the difference is not that much, like 20-25 or something like that.
                        Oh right ok, I didn't realise that!
                        Always wondered why things like that seemed cheaper in the states! I dunno why they don't just include the correct prices in stores there, so weird.

Comment

Yeah that is annoying in the US, you think something is a certain price on the shelf, then you take it to the counter and they charge you more

The Australian price is very high, much higher than I was expecting and probably will price them out of the market. The PS4 Pro can be had for $100 less right now than the Switch launch price.

Also, it occurred to me, as this is a portable system as well. Will my partner and I both have to buy systems when Pokemon comes out?

Comment

I am SLAIN by Super Mario Odyssey, oh my god.

+ Zelda/MK8/Pokemon. Nintendo is not playing around. Now I don't know which one I should buy between the PS4 and this.

Comment

That Zelda trailer... I'm blown away. Mario looks really good too.

Bit disappointed in the mariokart 8 deluxe... I wanted new race tracks.
                              Eudaimonia
                              Last.fm
                              Instagram

Comment

So...I'm confused by this, they given up on the Wii U?

Also...will another Super Smash come out? Is that rumored or anything?
                                Originally posted by snoh aalegra

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

Yeah they've stopped producing the WiiU.

So this is 280 here in Ireland, that's on the Nintendo store. Probably be more in shops like GameStop and Smyths.
                                  But 280 isn't too bad I guess, I just hope they don't over price the games! I'd have bought so many WiiU games but they were so expensive and never seemed to decrease in price.

Comment

So this is 280 here in Ireland, that's on the Nintendo store. Probably be more in shops like GameStop and Smyths.
                                    But 280 isn't too bad I guess, I just hope they don't over price the games! I'd have bought so many WiiU games but they were so expensive and never seemed to decrease in price.

What?! That's 50 cheaper than what GameStop was listing it for! Awesome! Have you got a link for that? I don't a quick search and couldn't find it.

Comment

Originally posted by Damiennatas1

What?! That's 50 cheaper than what GameStop was listing it for! Awesome! Have you got a link for that? I don't a quick search and couldn't find it.
                                      I don't, I read it in the Irish Examiner Saturday, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by ThaInfo1
                                        So...I'm confused by this, they given up on the Wii U?

Also...will another Super Smash come out? Is that rumored or anything?
                                        Yes, the Wii U is finished. Zelda: Breath of the Wild will be the last Wii U title released.

Super Smash Bros is confirmed to be in development for Switch, but it won't likely be out until late 2018-19.

Comment

Hey guys! The Switch release is coming! How many of you have a pre-order?

I pre-ordered one at Amazon but I have second thoughts. I don't want to spend 400 (with a game) and having another Wii U situation

Comment

^I think I'll like to get another Nintendo console and this one may be it. Haven't had one since the first Wii.

But I always wait at least a year unless their is a game that I must have. Any games that are coming out with it that you are interested in?
                                            Originally posted by snoh aalegra

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

For me there's none yet

Comment

Originally posted by ThaInfo1
                                                ^I think I'll like to get another Nintendo console and this one may be it. Haven't had one since the first Wii.

But I always wait at least a year unless their is a game that I must have. Any games that are coming out with it that you are interested in?
                                                The new Zelda and Mario Kart (comes out in April, 28th), besides that I'll have to wait a few months to enjoy the system. But the thing is that I really love Mario Kart, it's just that I don't want to spend money in a platform which we don't know If it'll have third party support in the long run.

Comment

For me Mario Kart would be the reason to buy the console as soon as the game comes out, but as it's just a deluxe edition of the game I already have... :/

Comment

Yeah I've decided not to buy the Switch on launch, I could do with the extra cash and BotW looks nearly as good (sometimes even better) on the Wii U so I'm happy with that

Comment

It is out now in some parts of the world.

The new Legend Of Zelda game is getting perfect scores across many review sites Gamespot and IGN included. First game from this gen to get 10/10 on both Gamespot & IGN..so looking like it is one of the best games of this generation.
                                                      Usher | My Way | 8701 | Confessions | Here I Stand | Raymond Vs Raymond | Looking For Myself | Hard II Love

Comment

So... I finally got the Switch and let me tell you something, If I had any doubt it disappeared the very moment I opened the box.

That screen! The joy-cons, the design, the fluid and minimalist OS, a new eShop (which actually works fine!) and the amazing Zelda have me hooked up. Go to a store and try it, the feelings are brutal.

I couldn't remember the last time I bought a tech device which made me smile of pure joy. The Switch did.

Comment

I really wanted to get the Switch (even preordered) but I just couldn't afford it. Still got Zelda for the Wii U. That game... <3 <3 <3

Comment

Hey guys, If you get a Switch add me as a friend. My code is: SW-5630-3123-3151

Comment

I bought it! First of all Zelda is A+mazing!!!! Sucks that I have so much work to do, therefore I will be playing the game for months to come. At least this will kinda compensate for the lack of games on the new console (which was the biggest problem on the wii u and let's hope the switch will find a way to fix this in time). That being said the new console is brilliant. It's everything the wii u should have been and I love it. This is gonna be awesome if they handle it well.
                                                              Eudaimonia
                                                              Last.fm
                                                              Instagram

Comment

Working...
                                                              X