Summer Detox!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer Detox!

Lately I have been feeling a bit sluggish and "meh" so tomorrow I am embarking on a phased detox program which will hopefully last for ten days.
    It has three phases, resetting reducing and eliminating ( 3 days) stabilizing ( 4 days) extreme ( 3 days).
    I will be starting Phase one on Friday 10th.
    I wrote most of this myself, borrowing a few ideas here and there from various internet sources. Heres to the caffeine withdrawls and the detoxing to come Been ages since I have done something like this and I feel my body really needs it.

Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
    Pronouns: He / Him

I have noticed my energy levels and recovery are a lot higher since I have eliminated 3 things from my diet: Alcohol, sugary foods and any drink with sugar in it. That means say goodbye to all alcoholic drinks, fruit is the only sweet food you should eat and tap water or filtered is the only beverage you drink.

Depending on your current habits you will have an extra 1000 annually and upwards.

Comment

Originally posted by ludichris View Post
      I have noticed my energy levels and recovery are a lot higher since I have eliminated 3 things from my diet: Alcohol, sugary foods and any drink with sugar in it. That means say goodbye to all alcoholic drinks, fruit is the only sweet food you should eat and tap water or filtered is the only beverage you drink.

Depending on your current habits you will have an extra 1000 annually and upwards.
      I rarely drink alcohol, like almost never. Don't eat sweets either. I only drink slimline tonic water and have odd bar of chocolate. Sometimes the body can really benefit from a reduction of a lot of things meat bread refined grains etc etc. I'll be detailing it here if you want to check in ;)

Comment

I’ll detox when I’ve drank my body weight in alcohol over the summer. Probably that week between the end of summer and the first advent calendars appearing.
        Just being alive it can really hurt
        These moments given are a gift from time

Kate Bush - Moments of Pleasure

Comment

Just been shopping and picking up some things I need for phase one. ( Friday to Sunday) Have a few more things to get in another shop later.
          I already have things at home that I will need for the first phase so did not have to buy everthing.
          Fresh and frozen fruits, spinach, almond butter, protein powder, chia seeds, herbal teas etc)

Probiotic Supplement - Udy's Super 8 Gold ( I splashed out on the highest strength one )
          Coffee alternative Guarana based drink ( natural energizer)
          Frozen Avocado chunks ( I do not have the patience for fresh avocados)
          Lemons and Limes
          Cauliflower rice
          Falafel
          Soya yoghurt ( I quite like these)
          Coconut Water
          Coconut Milk
          Raspberries
          Vegan Lunch Pouch

I need to buy some fresh soups, some vegan meals for evenings and a big drum of water

Comment

Phase one begins ! The aim of this first three day phase is to reduce things like caffeine, dairy, bread, pasta and eliminate meat fizzy drinks, chocolate, crisps and all processed food.
            I normally drink four coffees daily so I am aiming for just one or two at a max during this phase. Ideally just one in morning. Baby steps as it gets extreme later

Morning Day 1.

On Waking - Glass of lemon water ( aiming to drink around 1.8 litres of this daily, I have it in a big jug in fridge with the lemon juice and slices added)

Post Shower - I had a coffee with some stevia.

Breakfast Smoothie - Raspberries, Cherries, Banana, Spinach, Chia Seeds, Almond Butter, Lemon Juice, Protein blended with water.

1 more glass of lemon water.

I also took a multivitamin and a probiotic ( delivers good bacteria to the gut)

Off for a walk now and to pick up some more supplies as I am a bit low on a few things and being prepared and stocked is key for success
            Last edited by InFamous; Fri June 11, 2021, 21:45.

Comment

After a walk I was quite hungry for food:

Lunch Day 1

Portion of tomato and basil soup, cauliflower rice, 3 multigrain crackers
              apples/grapes snack pack to finish.
              I drank another three glasses of the lemon water also.

I took an Omega 3 capsule with this.

I took a nap then as was a bit tired.

On waking I had a second coffee with a little mocha powder as I wanted a little sweetness and some cashew nuts. Going from 4 coffees down to 2 is fine on the first day so no problem. Not looking for perfection, just improvements!
              Last edited by InFamous; Sat June 12, 2021, 17:30.

Comment

Evening Smoothie Day 1:

Blended with - coconut milk, pineapple, blueberries, spinach, lemon juice, avocado, chilli powder, chia seeds

And I drank another glass of the lemon water. Quite a challenge to get through 1.8 litres of that daily.
                Last edited by InFamous; Fri June 11, 2021, 21:45.

Comment

Dinner Day 1

I had a vegetable curry with rice and two falafel. I really missed the meat in the meal but it was nice enough.
                  Soya yoghurt for dessert.

Finished off most of the lemon water also.

Extras

I later did 15 mins on my acupressure mat ( bed of nails) and soaked my feet for 15 mins in a warm basin with epsom salts.

Later at 2am I was really hungry so I had a cup of tea with a bowl of cereal and some cashew nuts and prepared the morning smoothie and lemon water for tomorrow !
                  I always do these detoxes as best I can but I am not going to starve myself either !
                  Day one went pretty well, definitely could be improved on going forward so I have two more days in this phase to do a bit better.

End of Day 1
                  Last edited by InFamous; Sat June 12, 2021, 21:59.

Comment

Day 2 Morning/ Afternoon

Same as yesterday, lemon water on waking, coffee and drinking the same smoothie now. Bit of a late start today but its a Saturday so no panic.

I will also take a probiotic ( the one I am using is here)

and multivitamin when I've finished the smoothie
                    Last edited by InFamous; Sat June 12, 2021, 22:05.

Comment

Love reading this, keep it up!!

(also may get some inspiration from this...)

Comment

Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                        Love reading this, keep it up!!

(also may get some inspiration from this...)
                        Thanks I think its cool to document these things and I will have it to reference in the future!

Comment

Day 2 Lunch

Today I had this Vegan lunch pouch from Fiid - made with chickpeas, lentils and vegetables. It is definitely more filling than the soup as you feel you are actually eating and it is really tasty. I will definitely have this again. Today was Moroccan Tagine.

I drank two more glasses of the lemon water and took my multivitamin as I forgot it earlier.
                          I am using Wellman sports brand.

Comment

Met a friend this afternoon and we went out for a coffee so I had the second one again today. Meant to order decaf but I forgot !

I also treated myself to this healthy and natural snack as he munched on a double chocolate muffin

When I came home I drank another glass of lemon water and I am going to go for a walk now for an hour before I have the second smoothie after. Not hungry for it yet !
                            I am already feeling a lot less bloated and gasey in my stomach which was one of the things I had hoped to improve on so good to see improvement after basically only a day and a half and not doing anything majorly extreme

Comment

Walked for an hour and blended my smoothie on return !
                              Same as yesterday except I added a few dark sweet cheeries cos why not
                              Coconut milk, pineapple, blueberries, spinach, lemon juice, avocado, chilli powder, chia seeds

I am going to change up the fruits tomorrow for a bit of variety.

I took my Omega 3 tablet with this. Looks like dinner is going to be a late one tonight which might work out better if it means I am less hungry later

Comment

I like the idea of a juice cleanse, but not right now.

I don't even know what I'd be detoxing from, my body feels better than ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Rihab View Post
                                  I like the idea of a juice cleanse, but not right now.

I don't even know what I'd be detoxing from, my body feels better than ever.
                                  That is great, guess you dont need it then. My juices are arriving next week for the extreme phase 3 Fri to sun of next week

Comment

Had a late dinner at around 1130pm !

Portion of tomato and basil soup, cauliflower rice, three falafel and three multigrain crackers .

And I finished off the dreaded lemon water !

Don't know if I will eat anything else tonight, maybe a Soya yoghurt and some cashew nuts if I want a snack pre bed, but I feel quite full now.

I had some fruit and a soya yoghurt before bed. To be honest I wasn't even hungry it was just something to pick on while I was watching a movie. Habits !

I also did 15 mins on the acupressure mat. Sometimes this is fine other nights it just hurts and I hate it. Tonight was like that but I stuck it out.

​​
                                    Last edited by InFamous; Sun June 13, 2021, 14:55.

Comment

Day 3 Morning:

Lemon Water, Coffee and Smoothie

Breakfast Smoothie - Cherries, Banana, Spinach, Chia Seeds, Almond Butter, Lemon Juice, Protein blended with water.

I was out of raspberries so used extra cherries and it actually tasted better without them. Definitely the tastiest version of this I made. These smoothies can be hit and miss on taste and it is hard to get them exactly right. For example leaving out the lemon juice makes it taste completely different ! The lemon juice seems to tie all the flavour together somehow.

Supplements - Probiotic and multivitamin.

Comment

Rest of the day was pretty straightforward.

Went for a walk and had lunch when I came back.

Tomato and Basil Soup, falafel and multigrain crackers.
                                        Omega 3 supplement and few glasses of the lemon water.

Evening snack - I had a coffee with a small bit of mocha powder and some cashew nuts.

Cinema later and had two protein balls and a water ( as opposed to popcorn and coke) Again it is just habits .

I had dinner when i got back around 11
                                        Vegan pot with vegetables and lentils in a tomato based sauce. And finished off the lemon water.

I blended the second smoothie and maybe I will drink it later or if not I can have it in the morning. Will see if I feel like it before bed.

Smoothie - Pineapple, pear, avocado, spinach, chia seeds, lemon juice, coconut milk.

If I dont have this I will have a Soya yoghurt !

Edit - I had the Soya yoghurt and also a cup of tea with some cereal as I just fancied some carbohydrates. Again, I do not believe in torturing myself - it is all about building solid habits and making informed choices, not deprivation.

So that is pretty much the first three day phase done. It went well, had no major cravings and the nutrition was good and I have enjoyed the different foods and less sluggishness and bloating. Big change there in a short time !

The next phase is all about Stabilizing and consists of eating usual clean food with no meat or carb restrictions, but continuing to limit coffee ( 2 per day max) and eliminating bread, chocolate, fizzy drinks and all processed food. Also I will continue with the lemon water as it is good for cleansing the body. This phase will last from Monday to Thursday of next week!
                                        Last edited by InFamous; Mon June 14, 2021, 23:32.

Comment

The next four days are pretty straightforward and going to follow something like this.

Lemon water on waking and through the day drinking about 2 litres of it.

Coffee or alternative hot drink.

Breakfast - Todays was overnight coconut oats with protein powder included in the mix

Lunch - I had the green smoothie i made last night and a "healthy" brownie made from flour, honey, coconut milk, sugar, egg whites, cocoa powder ( only 145 calories)
                                          Smoothie - Pineapple, pear, avocado, spinach, chia seeds, lemon juice, coconut milk. ( This was really thick, tasty and tropical. Delicious !

Evening at 6pm - I had a 2 hour walk with some light stretching and had a coffee along the way ( I think reducing the coffee from 2 is going to be hard done lol)

Dinner - I had lamb stew with potatoes and vegetables. This was delicious after three days without meat. Apple and grape snack portion to finish.

Still sipping on the lemon water.

If I am hungry later I have two snacks left to have - a Soya yoghurt and a portion of cashew nuts. And a cup of tea if desired.

1.30 am update - Am having the remaining snacks now

I have no idea really how many calories I am consuming but that nutrition is pretty clean so I am sure I am not excessively taking in calories. I never really count calories, I eat what I think is right and if I need to adjust up or down I will depending on how my body reacts and how I am feeling.
                                          Last edited by InFamous; Tue June 15, 2021, 03:07.

Comment

I made the most decadent nutritious and delicious smoothie this evening

Everyone should try this at least once.

Presenting the Chocolate Cherry Spinach smoothie:

I cup of coconut milk
                                            1 banana
                                            1/2 cup or more of frozen cherries
                                            1 cup of fresh spinach ( you don't taste this what so ever)
                                            1/4 cup avocado ( this thickens up the texture and adds creaminess)
                                            1 tablespoon of chia seeds
                                            1.5 tablespoons of cocoa powder
                                            1/8 teaspoon of cinnamon ( or more as you prefer)

This tastes like a thick chocolate milkshake yet is blended from fruits, healthy leaves and nut milk. A win win all round.

Comment

Well my juices arrived today which was for the last 3 days, but it didn't go well.

I found most of them undrinkable and have already put six of them down the sink !! But they were horrible. The two that I could drink I have in the fridge for tomorrow and 5 more have been frozen to use whenever. I possibly will end up dumping another 3 of those as I dont think I will like them either So 6 out of 15 were drinkable! Total waste of money but you live and learn I think I confused them with the delicious smoothies I make for myself where you cannot taste any of the spinach or greens in the mix! But I am not going to torture myself to drink gross juices. The one with beetroot almost made me sick. Ugh.

So this phase is officially abandoned and the plan is just to try and continue with the second phase, which is sensible,clean eating. On reflection I did not need a three day juice detox. Phase One and Two were perfectly fine to reset my body and feel a lot better than I had been.

I will continue the lemon water, although not as much as I had been drinking. 1 litre per day is a good benchmark.
                                              I will try to keep coffee to two a day which for me is good coming from 4/5.
                                              I will definitely choose soya yoghurts over dairy ones equally as they are really nice and I feel less bloating having cut down on dairy.
                                              I hardly used milk at all, did not eat dairy yoghurts or use butter or cheese and I definitely feel a lot better in my stomach which leads me to believe I possibly have a sensitivity to dairy products.
                                              I will try to have meat only once a day ( at dinner) and choose vegan options for lunch. ( Processed meats often contain milk proteins)
                                              I will try and continue to have a green smoothie daily or at least every second day.
                                              I didn't eat bread at all during the first week and I think I will try to limit bread in my nutrition. I didn't miss it and it probably contributes to the bloating/sluggishness. And also probably has dairy included which does not help with sensitivity.

This sounds like what I have been experiencing and it definitely improved when severely limiting intake of dairy products :

People with lactose intolerance are unable to fully digest the sugar (lactose) in milk. As a result, they have diarrhea, gas and bloating after eating or drinking dairy products. The condition, which is also called lactose malabsorption, is usually harmless, but its symptoms can be uncomfortable.
                                              Last edited by InFamous; Fri June 18, 2021, 20:45.

Comment

Working...
                                              X