• Show
Clear All

I'm sorry but what

Comment

PLEASE

See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
      See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

Do they actually think the athletes are not going to be ******* like bunnies once they are eliminated from their events. I know without any doubt that the olympic village turns into a massive orgy as soon as people are finished competing.
        Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
        Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

Opening Ceremony on Friday!

What events will people be following?

Comment

I’m happy to prove to him that those beds are
            not anti-sex.

I keep actually forgetting this is about to start which is a shame because I’m usually obsessed. Hopefully once it begins I can get into it as usual. I most enjoy the gymnastics, swimming and athletics.
            1 Camila Cabello |2 J Balvin|3 Majestic |4 Kevin McKay |5 Wizkid

Comment

LOVE Summer Olympics, that will keep me "busy" for a few days.
              5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

This is the last thing the world or Japan needed. I hear most of Japanese people are against the Olympics to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                  This is the last thing the world or Japan needed. I hear most of Japanese people are against the Olympics to happen.
                  Well most of the time local population is against the OG anyway.
                  But this is indeed a weird timing. Same for the UEFA Euro.
                  5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

Oh the track doesnt start until the 30th. I thought it was starting this Friday for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                      Oh the track doesnt start until the 30th. I thought it was starting this Friday for some reason.
                      Track is honestly my favourite. It's a quick jolt of energy in a very concentrated period of time.

I'm normally screaming loudly as if my voice will give the athletes that extra burst of energy.

I just love everything about it

Comment

e
                        Originally posted by bm08 View Post

Track is honestly my favourite. It's a quick jolt of energy in a very concentrated period of time.

I'm normally screaming loudly as if my voice will give the athletes that extra burst of energy.

Yes to all of that. I guess its gonna be airing at an odd time seeing as its in Tokyo this year.

Comment

I am kinda excited for the basketball, women's football tournament, rugby 7s and a bit of track and field.
                          Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                            I think it might be like Eurovision this year. On paper it seems like a pretty daft idea in the current circumstances, it turns out people these days actually need some entertainment.
                            Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

Comment

^I think this is such a complex issue as since we are so close to the games, what about the athletes who are indeed prepared and COVID-free?

Comment

it has been reported that Olympic Games could be potentially cancelled if cases continue to rise..

Olympic organising chief takes pragmatic approach over potentially cancelling Games

The chief of the Tokyo 2020 organising committee has not ruled out cancelling the Olympics if Covid-19 cases rise sharply, as more athletes tested positive for the virus and sponsors ditched plans to attend Friday’s opening ceremony.

Asked at a news conference if the global sporting showpiece might still be cancelled, Toshiro Muto said he would keep an eye on infection numbers and liaise with other organisers if necessary.

“We will continue discussions if there is a spike in cases,” said Muto. “We have agreed that based on the coronavirus situation, we will convene five-party talks again. At this point, the coronavirus cases may rise or fall, so we will think about what we should do when the situation arises.”

A spokesman for Tokyo 2020 later said organisers were “concentrating 100% on delivering successful Games”.

Rising Covid-19 cases in Tokyo have cast a large shadow over an event that, having already been postponed last year because of the pandemic, will now take place without spectators. Japan this month decided that participants would compete in empty venues to minimise health risks, Reuters reports.

Comment

Least surprising news ever really.

Comment

^I think this is such a complex issue as since we are so close to the games, what about the athletes who are indeed prepared and COVID-free?
                                      Prepare some more for 2022.

Comment

It's bizarre they aren't more prepared in the Olympic village given that we are nearly two years into the pandemic plus outbreaks almost always occur in the village. They really need an investigation into the public health situation at the Olympics.

Comment

Bringing all those people together in one area was never a good idea. It was always going to be an impossible situation to control. Lets see if it goes ahead at all now.

Comment

Nobody here in Tokyo is looking forward to these games. People’s health has been ignored in favour of the supposed economical benefits (or rather, avoiding economics debts) but we are just going to end up in an extended state of emergency which will be even more detrimental.

The problem is that the Japanese government or the IOC don’t want to be the one who makes the decision to cancel, because who decides it must foot the bill.

Comment

Did you watch Gateshead, I forgot about it. Catching up now !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQLQ...portingEmotion

Comment

Originally posted by biscuits View Post
                                                Nobody here in Tokyo is looking forward to these games. People’s health has been ignored in favour of the supposed economical benefits (or rather, avoiding economics debts) but we are just going to end up in an extended state of emergency which will be even more detrimental.

The problem is that the Japanese government or the IOC don’t want to be the one who makes the decision to cancel, because who decides it must foot the bill.
                                                I'd be upset too. I feel so bad for everyone involved in Japan, from the fact that they poured money into infrastructure for these games to begin with to their unfortunate timing of hosting during a pandemic.

Comment

Why is Gabby still working for the BBC, I cannot stand her. Ill have to watch the US coverage but all the adds are insufferable. Maybe BBC on mute when Gabby is on the mic.

Sue Barker was far better.

Comment

As with every Olympics, the games have already started before the Opening Ceremony. Women's Softball is currently being played right now.

Also, here's Team Coca-Cola's official theme song for the Olympics, called "Colorful." It features various artists from around the world(Japan, South Korea, America etc.):

Comment

Working...
                                                    X