• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Might as well share this here

2020 TOKYO
    2024 PARIS
    2028 LOS ANGELES
    2032 BRISBANE
    5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

Ouch! USWNT is off to a shockingly bad start, 0-3 v. Sweden
      Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

Originally posted by heppolo View Post
        Ouch! USWNT is off to a shockingly bad start, 0-3 v. Sweden
        Yeah not sure what's going on with the US team sports. I know the US basketball team lost two of their exhibition games.
        See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
        See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

Originally posted by bm08 View Post

Yeah not sure what's going on with the US team sports. I know the US basketball team lost two of their exhibition games.
          with basketball it's all messy with NBA playoffs colliding with the schedule so obviously the team isn't the absolute best one. with the soccer team the big names just failed to show up yesterday

Comment

Guinea pulls out of the Olympics, five athletes affected

Comment

Opening ceremony director fired

Comment

I heard that a chiro from the US had to issue a public apology after he compared Covid protocol to Nazi Germany or something
                Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

Opening Ceremony on now!

Comment

Naomi...stunning

Comment

I thought the ceremony was fitting and beautiful. Happy for Osaka!

Comment

The moment when Osaka light the Olympic Flame... I almost passed out... as the biggest tennis worshipper ever... this was historical and also to let HER do it... one of the new GOATS and such a humble queen... it made my day today.

well done... the ceremony was beautiful.
                        My Chart

Comment

Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                          I'M saddened by the news... The Olympic Games bring so much tourism and $$$ to the hosting cities... and prestige and everything... I tend to believe now, that the OG should have been cancelled... and then held in Japan whenever it was possible again.
                          I was thinking that it would actually be lovely to give Tokyo and Japan the opportunity to have hosted again in the nearish future, but they have already spent billions on this that it would just be another huge cost. It's a shame that Japan cannot benefit from these Olympics like they otherwise would have.

The moment when Osaka light the Olympic Flame... I almost passed out... as the biggest tennis worshipper ever... this was historical and also to let HER do it... one of the new GOATS and such a humble queen... it made my day today.
                          well done... the ceremony was beautiful.
                          The ceremony was beautiful and touching. It made it even more 'sad' in that the Japanese (and the world) could not really celebrate these games. It was lovely seeing Naomi there. What a surprise. Well done to her.
                          MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post

The ceremony was beautiful and touching. It made it even more 'sad' in that the Japanese (and the world) could not really celebrate these games. It was lovely seeing Naomi there. What a surprise. Well done to her.
                            Immediately after watching the 2020/21 opening... I had to go back to youtube and re-watch my favourite opening of all times... Sydney2000.

God, the whole atmosphere in 2000 in the stadium was electric. I'm also bummed out for Japan that the conditions in which the games are placed are so dire and bad. I just hope... that nothing bad happens and that the athletes can enjoy their events.
                            My Chart

Comment

What events will people be following?
                              Swimming!
                              One of my faves to follow every year and at the Olympics.

Track and Field will be fun as always, and gymnastics.

MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

Immediately after watching the 2020/21 opening... I had to go back to youtube and re-watch my favourite opening of all times... Sydney2000.

God, the whole atmosphere in 2000 in the stadium was electric. I'm also bummed out for Japan that the conditions in which the games are placed are so dire and bad. I just hope... that nothing bad happens and that the athletes can enjoy their events.
                                Awww memories!
                                The buzz in Sydney was amazing - there was a party atmosphere all the time throughout the city.

It should have been like that in Tokyo. :( Tokyo is an amazing city.
                                I agree, I really hope everything goes well!

While we're on this - just feel like I need to apologise for Brisbane 2032
                                Who would have guessed a small country town would get to host the Olympics.
                                MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

Awww memories!
                                  The buzz in Sydney was amazing - there was a party atmosphere all the time throughout the city.

It should have been like that in Tokyo. :( Tokyo is an amazing city.
                                  I agree, I really hope everything goes well!

While we're on this - just feel like I need to apologise for Brisbane 2032
                                  Who would have guessed a small country town would get to host the Olympics.
                                  small? Bisbane has almost 2,6 million inhabitants... (only 1m less than Berlin and twice as big as Munich 1972). I think it is a major city. And knowing Australia, it will be a GREAT event. <3
                                  My Chart

Comment

Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
                                    I'm sorry but what

Wow, he is gorgeous.
                                    Keep an eye on Dan. Promise me you can. He gets out of hand if you let him…

Comment

What events will people be following?
                                      My faves are: diving, swimming, gymnastics, track cycling, some canoeing / rowing, and bits of athletics.

Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                      Why is Gabby still working for the BBC, I cannot stand her. Ill have to watch the US coverage but all the adds are insufferable. Maybe BBC on mute when Gabby is on the mic.

Sue Barker was far better.
                                      The BBC have an awful presenting team IMO. I absolutely cannot stand Claire Balding. And they got Dan Wa*ker doing the mornings - which thankfully I’ll never be up I’m time for. Hazel Irvine irritates me too.
                                      Keep an eye on Dan. Promise me you can. He gets out of hand if you let him…

Comment

Originally posted by Airwrecka View Post

My faves are: diving, swimming, gymnastics, track cycling, some canoeing / rowing, and bits of athletics.

The BBC have an awful presenting team IMO. I absolutely cannot stand Claire Balding. And they got Dan Wa*ker doing the mornings - which thankfully I’ll never be up I’m time for. Hazel Irvine irritates me too.
                                        I generally just watch the athletics tbh. Im not that interested in anything else, if i catch whatever ill catch it. I dont mind Hazel, Claire Balding is insufferable. The worst ever though is when they have Catherine Merry commentating on athletic events. She makes me want to saw my ears off.
                                        Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                        Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

huge shock of Ashleigh Barty (tennis no.1 seed) knocked out in the R1

Comment

Anyone else just watching this for the hawt men? Katsumi can wreck me...
                                            Last edited by aRat; Sun July 25, 2021, 09:49.
                                            DUA LIPA - RIHANNA - THE WEEKND - DOJA CAT
                                            98 - OUT

Comment

Two Bronze Medals for Team Germany so far. <3
                                              My Chart

Comment

I watched a bit of the skateboarding... and I was so confused.

One guy's pants slipped down, quite a few of them fell off their boards, and most seemed disinterested. Maybe they were just really cool. Too cool to be interested. Or high. I honestly couldn't tell.
                                                MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

One guy's pants slipped down, quite a few of them fell off their boards, and most seemed disinterested. Maybe they were just really cool. Too cool to be interested. Or high. I honestly couldn't tell.
                                                  oooh I wanted to watch some of this because it's new, isnt it?

I ended up watching some of the freestyle swimming instead.

Comment

It was all so confusing, they all felt like ‘whatever’. Did not like it that much… watching gymnastics now, team Belgium <3! Nina!
                                                    Eudaimonia
                                                    Last.fm
                                                    Instagram

Comment

Working...
                                                    X