Olympics - Tokyo 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bm08 View Post
    oooh I wanted to watch some of this because it's new, isnt it?
    I ended up watching some of the freestyle swimming instead.
    Yes - first time along with surfing I think. Surfing I can understand a bit more to an extent. Both included to broaden the appeal of the Olympics to younger audiences, apparently.

Originally posted by Michiel View Post

It was all so confusing, they all felt like ‘whatever’. Did not like it that much… watching gymnastics now, team Belgium <3! Nina!
    Yes, I was confused as well. When the first guy fell off his board and walked off, I wasn't sure what was going on. I'm like - was it a practice... are you upset? Where are you going?

MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

Team Belgium in female gymnastics final! Two females in allround final, and Nina is top fav on the bars. Will we get our first gold medal in gymnastics????
      Eudaimonia
      Last.fm
      Instagram

Comment

Just finished watching a bit of tennis. Osaka pulled through nicely!

With the upset yesterday with Ashleigh Barty she may be on her way to a medal for sure
        See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
        See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

I'm in full Olympic mode now after seeing our man Adam Peaty in the swimming, our amazing male gymnast team and some of the martial arts today. Our Doncaster boy Bradly Sinden getting our first silver (and agonisingly close to Gold). I get immensely proud of our athletes. They are so incredible at what they do and don't get the credit they deserve, when so many worship out football team that haven't won anything since 66....

Anyway, the opening ceremony was pretty sombre, which I understand, but it should have still been a celebration that the event is managing to take place, and I think they kind of missed that. The drone show that because the earth was amazing, I couldn't believe what I was watching.
          1 Inna |2 Camila Cabello|3 Wizkid |4 Coldplay |5 Kevin McKay

Comment

It would be lovely to see Osaka win after the past few months she's had, as well as Japan being the host nation.
            MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

With the upset yesterday with Ashleigh Barty she may be on her way to a medal for sure
              Tenniswise she is the big favourite, but can she pull it off mentally? She must feel a lot of pressure. I was also a bit disappointed she did quite a lot of press before this tournament, whereas she was ‘unable’ to do press on RG. Even though I understand she comes over as opportunistic sometimes, and also privileged. Not a lot of players could have pulled it off. I also found it weird she was to open the tournament but they rescheduled her match last minute. I wonder why (probably because of her role in the opening ceremony). Mental health is super important, I just don’t like the way she dealt with it at all.
              Eudaimonia
              Last.fm
              Instagram

Comment

I’m really loving the Gymnastics at the moment. Team GB have been pretty decent in the qualifications, but I am also really loving Simone Biles. They hype her up so much, but she seems pretty well grounded.

Comment

women's tennis is so unpredictable these days.
                  the real upset would be Novak failing to win gold tbh
                  Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

Finally the most famous current face of Diving has won his gold medal

Comment

2 Leeds boys picking up gold medals today, Yorkshire flying ahead again
                      1 Inna |2 Camila Cabello|3 Wizkid |4 Coldplay |5 Kevin McKay

Comment

So happy for them!!

Comment

Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post
                          2 Leeds boys picking up gold medals today, Yorkshire flying ahead again
                          So happy for Yorkshire.

Comment

So pleased for the Diving boys on their gold medal win - amazing achievement!

Comment

The company I order food from sent me some complimentary "olympic cookies" this week, inspired by Tokyo apparently

They have something called nori seaweed in them lol kinda nervous about taking a bite
                              Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                              Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

Naomi shockingly lost. This women's tennis tournament turns out into a usual hot mess with an unpredictable winner

Comment

Congrats to Bermuda and Philippines for winning their first ever gold medals (I was really surprised to discover that Philippines' athletes had never won gold before)

Comment

Originally posted by heppolo View Post
                                    Naomi shockingly lost.
                                    My celebrity crushes : Monika Sedziuviene, Kristina Ivanova (YVA).
                                    In my head I like to imagine LastDreamer in the land of Lithuania right now with a suitcase of simcards, a box of chocolates and a wedding ring. It would be a great base for an epic Eurovision fan fiction.

Comment

Naomi shockingly lost. This women's tennis tournament turns out into a usual hot mess with an unpredictable winner
                                      ‘Surprise’. Will we get another Monica Puig moment?
                                      Eudaimonia
                                      Last.fm
                                      Instagram

Comment

the biggest social media winner of the Olympics so far is clearly 13-year-old skateboarding legend Rayssa Leal from Brazil (after winning silver she got praised by every single celebrity in Brazil with multi-million insta followers and has increased her Insta own following from 3 million to 5.5 million already)

it all started from this Tony Hawk post

Comment

Originally posted by Michiel View Post

‘Surprise’. Will we get another Monica Puig moment?
                                          we don't have the never-won-gold countries represented

Comment

we don't have the never-won-gold countries represented
                                            True. We still have Badosa and Giorgi left though. Badosa has a similar ranking than puig had at that time, and Camilla is way lower lol.
                                            Eudaimonia
                                            Last.fm
                                            Instagram

Comment

the biggest social media winner of the Olympics so far is clearly 13-year-old skateboarding legend Rayssa Leal from Brazil (after winning silver she got praised by every single celebrity in Brazil with multi-million insta followers and has increased her Insta own following from 3 million to 5.5 million already)

it all started from this Tony Hawk post

https://twitter.com/tonyhawk/status/641374976927399938

This is simply incredible. The heartwarming stories of the athletes is one of my favourite things about the Olympics. Happy to see she took home silver! At only 13, that is an amazing accomplishment

Comment

Simone Biles has withdrawn from team gymnastics with an apparent injury

Comment

First Gold for Germany, we love to see it.
                                                  My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                                    Simone Biles has withdrawn from team gymnastics with an apparent injury

hopefully it's not severe...Simone is a legend

Comment

Working...
                                                    X