X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MrLeonix
    Originally posted by NothingFails
    I think Vertigo could be argued as well, maybe Walk On and Elevation which have become live staples.

I personally love both U2 and Springsteen but it's become cliche that they automatically get five star reviews and are always near the top of the year end lists even when the album isn't generally well received (Working On A Dream is largely considered Springsteen's worst album yet got a ***** review and placed as the #2 album of 2009 on there, behind U2 of course lol)
    Yeah I agree on "Vertigo" . . . . "Walk on" is also famous but definately lesser compared to "Beautiful day" and "Vertigo". "Elevation" is not a classic for the GP IMO. I honestly think "Beautiful Day" was their definitive song during this century and in fact one of their definitive career songs overall.

As for the albums reviews I agree. IMO U2 haven't really delivered since "How to dismantle an atomic bomb" in 2004. Everything that they have released ever since has been subpar.
    I personally think No Line On The Horizon is underrated. Not "five star greatest album of the year" list like it was on RS, but while Get On Your Boots was a mess, I think the album had some of their best work this century and was a bit of a modernized Achtung Baby. "Moment Of Surrender" is easily in my top 10 of theirs.
    My top 100 artists (2018 edition)

Comment

• Re: The Random Thought Thread

U2's ''Numb'' is more of a classic than ''Vertigo''...for all the wrong reasons.
      Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

Hope you find your cat! ? I daily get scared my cat disappeared from.the flat lol but he finds the weirdest places to sleep tbh.
        be kind to every kind (also the unkind kind!!!!! )

Comment

• Originally posted by biscuits
          Did you find her?
          First time it happened to my black and white cat. He got back after almost six weeks. He was severly wounded and the vet said it was a miracle he survived.

Then I had a calico cat who disappeared and I've never seen her again. :(

We've also had a chocolate Persian that disappeared. People at the other end of our village found her a few weeks later.

We have five cats now, four of which I won't allow to go outside.
          My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by JSparksFan
            Yeah, I see the maximum income tax rate in the Netherlands is 52%. *Sigh* I suppose you have to look at the bigger picture, though, because the US has lower taxes, but its healthcare system is a mess. There are so many pros and cons to weigh, and the financial side is just a part of the full picture.
            I don't even know how exactly taxes work in US, but even with corruption (tho not extreme) in richer EU countries, you get back a lot from the system.

For me, netto is the only thing that matters if I know that many if not all basic things are already covered by it. And tbh I don't feel like we have that phenomena of having 3 jobs a day 7 days a week just to survive here. Sure some struggle here too but overall I feel it's better here for an normal 9-5 worker than in US.

Comment

• Originally posted by JSparksFan
              So I'm browsing job opportunities and living expenses overseas, and I see that the UK income tax rate climbs as high as 45%. What in the absolute hell?
              The UK tax system is quite simple and is structured in 3 ways:

Basic Rate: 20% (for salaries of up to £46,350 per year)
              Higher Rate: 40% (for salaries of between £46,351-£150,000 per year)
              Additional Rate: 45% (for salaries of more than £150,000 per year)

There is a tax-free amount of £11,850 - so everyone earning less than £123,000 per year will pay no tax on their first £11,850.

In addition to income tax, you also pay National Insurance - generally speaking, the lower rate of tax you have the higher rate of NI you'll have (the average UK salary will see 12% deducted from their salary in NI contributions). Higher rate tax payers generally pay 2% in NI.

So dependent on your circumstances, you'll generally see between 32%-49% of your salary go to the tax man in the UK (not including your personal allowance, should you earn less than £123,000).

However, health & social care in the UK is free, dental is heavily subsidised, there are numerous ways you can access tax incentives to boost earnings, most employers offer benefits which makes earnings go further (i.e. corporate discounts or tax incentives such as childcare vouchers) and we have a benefits system which puts many countries to shame (though it isn't perfect).

Comment

• Sometimes i feel like i'm left outside. Like, i'm doing some big things and am a big part for some stuff, no matter if on- or offline, but when it really matters no one really cares for me. My opinion doesn't matter at all, even though i 'seem' to be important. Ugh. And yes, i also mean this forum here, but also the real life.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike
                  Sometimes i feel like i'm left outside. Like, i'm doing some big things and am a big part for some stuff, no matter if on- or offline, but when it really matters no one really cares for me. My opinion doesn't matter at all, even though i 'seem' to be important. Ugh. And yes, i also mean this forum here, but also the real life.
                  How can we help to make Tarja more popular?

Comment

• Originally posted by heppolo
                    Originally posted by Tansike
                    Sometimes i feel like i'm left outside. Like, i'm doing some big things and am a big part for some stuff, no matter if on- or offline, but when it really matters no one really cares for me. My opinion doesn't matter at all, even though i 'seem' to be important. Ugh. And yes, i also mean this forum here, but also the real life.

How did you think of her reading that text?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike
                      Originally posted by heppolo
                      Originally posted by Tansike

How did you think of her reading that text?
                      Because I do check your personal charts as well as the replies in the Rock/Alternative subforum. I don't always have a lot to say, but still.

Comment

She has come home!

Comment

She has come home!
                          Nice
                          R.i.P. Tara

R.i.P. Whitney

Comment

• Tansike, youíre 100% appreciated here. I always value your input and enjoy your comments on topics. Feel like you help create genuine discussions on here and very observant. So please donít feel unwanted / in the background here :(.

As for the personal life, I get that a bit as well. Sometimes I feel like itís because of my age (I donít know your age sorry), so maybe it could be that for you as well? Thereís just that stigma with baby boomers around young people and knowledge. Theyíll give you the hard work and youíll nail it, but they wonít listen to any additional input or take on ideas and be interested in seeking to understand.
                            Originally posted by SummerPeur
                            Time stops for the Kween everytime WBT is performed.
                            Originally posted by Goldmoney
                            So does her microphone

Comment

Yes, youís a good sis!
                              Originally posted by abi on GOAT
                              You know what? UKMIX really did wonders on this song for me.

I really went from not caring for this song at all to having this as my most played Mariah song of all time because of the constant mentions of this song from some of y'all here.

Comment

• Originally posted by SummerPeur
                                Tansike, youíre 100% appreciated here. I always value your input and enjoy your comments on topics. Feel like you help create genuine discussions on here and very observant. So please donít feel unwanted / in the background here :(.
                                +1
                                R.i.P. Tara

R.i.P. Whitney

Comment

Tansike, you are awesome and one of my favorite posters! I enjoy your contributions!

I'm glad you found your cat, biscuits. Now you are required to post a picture of her.

Comment

Iíve asked Sue to send pics. I donít live with my cat, she lives in the UK

Comment

She has come home!
                                      Glad to read this.
                                      Diva!!!

Comment

• Glad she is back
                                        I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

• Thanks

I panic so much when one of them doesnít come home every night

Comment

• I'm glad your cat is back. They're so smart!!

Btw, I'm in love with this guy since I saw a video on facebook, his name's Ayush Mehra from FilterCopy (whatever that is). That accent >>

India, you're doing a good job.
                                            "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

• [youtube:1vfj71ay]Ij3SnBaFHQc[/youtube:1vfj71ay]

This makes me holler everytime I see it. Mariah didn't have to utterly destroy Nicholas like that.
                                              BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
                                              98 - OUT

Comment

• Thatís why sheís the Kween. Keeping her peasants in check.

I really went from not caring for this song at all to having this as my most played Mariah song of all time because of the constant mentions of this song from some of y'all here.

Comment

Queens usually have at least some fashion sense oop

Jk thanks MC forever for infuelncing my queen, that's the only thing I care about

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                                    X