• Show
Clear All

• Hugo
    replied
    Originally posted by theArmy
    Originally posted by Hugo
    Originally posted by EAI
    Can a lamb please explain what's the point of eternally12's spamming in the MC thread and why no one seems to care? The thread is unreadable with all those purposeless youtube videos.
    Don't you post really long articles and random videos on the Beyoncé thread too?
    After all the time you've been a member it really is unfortunate you can't see the difference between spamming and posting relevant information on a specific thread.
    Probably eternally12 thinks he's posting relevant information aswell.....?
    Then that thread seriously needs a filter, it's been a mess for far too long.

Leave a comment:

• theArmy
    replied
    Originally posted by EAI
    Can a lamb please explain what's the point of eternally12's spamming in the MC thread and why no one seems to care? The thread is unreadable with all those purposeless youtube videos.
    Don't you post really long articles and random videos on the Beyoncé thread too?
    After all the time you've been a member it really is unfortunate you can't see the difference between spamming and posting relevant information on a specific thread.
    Probably eternally12 thinks he's posting relevant information aswell.....?

Leave a comment:

• Hugo
    replied
    Originally posted by EAI

Leave a comment:

• EAI
    replied

Leave a comment:

• LongingHeart
    replied
    Originally posted by Gravity
    ^^ that thread is barely readable in general. I skip 60% of the posts.
    +1
    lately I probably skip 90%

Leave a comment:

• Gravity
    replied
    ^^ that thread is barely readable in general. I skip 60% of the posts.

Leave a comment:

• Hugo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Carbon
    replied
    Originally posted by DnBLover
    I don't read and I am deeply ashamed of that. Something I intend to change soon.
    +1

I used to like it, but college has ruined it for me (ironic, since I study language and literature). Every time I think of reading I just associate it with work and effort and I give up. Would also like to renew the old interest, but idk. I just watch a Tv show instead

Leave a comment:

• Gravity
    replied
    Gryffindor is such an overrated house

Ravenclaw >>>>>>>>>>

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    When the second Harry Potter book was released, a friend of mine told me about them. She never reads anything so I thought they must be good if it even got her to read. Then I read how Harry Potter mania was starting in the UK and I decided to buy the first book. Quickly after I bought the second book and couldn't wait for the third to be released. And from there on the fourth etc.

I have to admit, though although JK Rowling did an amazing job in writing them, the second and third book are the ones that are truely outstanding IMO. I read all of them, but none of the others were as brilliant as the second and third. I also own all the dvd's, but to be honest, I never really cared much for the movies as they cannot even come close to the books.

Leave a comment:

• JSparksFan
    replied
    Originally posted by TIfan
    I just met Meek Mill at the LAX airport. He is very tall and skinny with a big head.
    Did you ask him why he and his crew jumped Safaree?

Originally posted by Rihab
    Actually, we had a Harry Potter-themed prom and the sorting hat (aka our class teacher), after what felt like an hour long monologue on why he'd love to sort me into Gryffindor for some of my 'escapades' (not cute, my grandma was in the audience that night and the whole hall could hear it), ended up sorting me into Ravenclaw for my grades.
    Oh my, that's a dream come true for me.

A Ravenclaw/Gryffindor mix is pretty epic.

Leave a comment:

• Rihab
    replied
    Originally posted by JSparksFan
    Harry Potter, uggh, the Meghan Trainor of books.
    More like the Beatles, Madonna and MJ all in one. Success, impact and talent.
    10 points to Gryffindor on this immaculate comparison.
    Actually, we had a Harry Potter-themed prom and the sorting hat (aka our class teacher), after what felt like an hour long monologue on why he'd love to sort me into Gryffindor for some of my 'escapades' (not cute, my grandma was in the audience that night and the whole hall could hear it), ended up sorting me into Ravenclaw for my grades.

Leave a comment:

• TIfan
    replied
    I just met Meek Mill at the LAX airport. He is very tall and skinny with a big head.

Leave a comment:

• JSparksFan
    replied
    10 points to Gryffindor on this immaculate comparison.

Leave a comment:

• Serby
    replied
    I read very little. but it's funny cuz when I do read, I read as a madman and finish a book in few days, it's just that it's difficult to start.

Leave a comment:

• Hugo
    replied
    Originally posted by DnBLover
    I don't read and I am deeply ashamed of that. Something I intend to change soon.
    The thing is there's something for everybody and it's imo more fulfilling to finish a book than a film or TV series. And the more you read, the more you'll want to read.

Leave a comment:

• CrazyCrazy
    replied
    Originally posted by Gravity
    The Chronicles of Narnia are absolutely outstanding.
    Agreed, the first book The Magician's Nephew is SO good imo, nice to see some love for the series! I have the whole series.

The parts when they discover Charn and awaken the witch and when they are there at the beginning of the creation of Narnia are my favourites, such a joy!

I also love the Discworld series, they may be a bit harder to get into but the characters and concepts are so riveting and unique, worth a look for fantasy lovers, Rincewind and DEATH >>>>

@hugo, will need to try those books you mentioned, I'm pretty new to reading really, I've read on and off over the years but have hardly read any books to be honest, about 10 or so max!

The Hobbit
    The Chronicles of Narnia series
    A few Discworld books
    a few others I don't remember when I was a kid

Leave a comment:

• DnBLover
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MusicLover88
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne
    On a related note, JK Rowling is also one of the greatest women alive - I just love her more every time I read one of her tweets, interviews or bios.
    Truth!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Gravity
    replied
    The Chronicles of Narnia are absolutely outstanding. Probably my favorite book series ever!

Leave a comment:

• Hugo
    replied
    The Harry Potter series was amazing, absolutely brilliant.

But before people say it's the best thing since sliced bread, how about actually reading some classic fantasy series like The Lord of the Rings, The Chronicles of Narnia, His Dark Materials, The Mists of Avalon, anything by Ursula K. Le Guin, etc, etc.

Anyway, I don't take anyone that doesn't read seriously and people do have to start somewhere.

Leave a comment:

• Gravity
    replied
    I've read all the Potter books. They're solid but not among my favorites

Never seen a HP movie though.

Leave a comment:

• setg1
    replied
    I never read the Potter books either, but I saw and liked the first three films as a kid. Back when the first film was released, they also sold the chocolate frogs and every flavour beans (at least in Finland). I don't remember what they were like, other than that they were at least edible.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    I've personally never read a Harry Potter book but you cannot mistake nor understate the impact of that series - JK Rowling created a phenomenon that will live forever. It is without question the most influential book series I'll probably ever see in my lifetime.

On a related note, JK Rowling is also one of the greatest women alive - I just love her more every time I read one of her tweets, interviews or bios.

Leave a comment:

• Rihab
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X