X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by stevyy
    Nelly F. is the best selling female in Germany of this millennium.
    She was pretty successful there but she is not the best selling female artist in Germany of the millenium.

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    Originally posted by biscuits
    Originally posted by flopho
    "Nelly whew, did she had any hits besides All Good Things and Hot in Herre?"
    We're already asking that hun
    speak for the brexit nation or trumperica... but we are one merkel term away of adoptin say it right as our national anthem. the song is studied in schools and universities (seriously) and nelly F flags have already been printed.

Leave a comment:

• biscuits
    replied
    "Nelly whew, did she had any hits besides All Good Things and Hot in Herre?"
    We're already asking that hun

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    that everyone shud know by heart.
    hmm..no.

gotta say though, i'm looking forward to the day when kids will tell me Robin Schulz, Calvin Harris and Felix Jaehn are real music and i, as an old person will yell back: "no you flobbs, Nelly Furtado is the real deal, buy her CD-streaminyl on Amaflix" and they will just look at me in an astonished way and say: "Nelly whew, did she had any hits besides All Good Things and Hot in Herre?" aww..we're all getting there someday
    wrong example... Nelly F. is the best selling female in Germany of this millennium. She is a HUGE legend here... she is to Teutonic tribes what Céline is to the Francs.

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    My heart melted when i see the video of a seal climbing on a yacht in order to escape from killer whales. Thankfully it survived but props to people in the yacht for not throwing it back to the sea.

Leave a comment:

• flopho
    replied
    that everyone shud know by heart.
    hmm..no.

gotta say though, i'm looking forward to the day when kids will tell me Robin Schulz, Calvin Harris and Felix Jaehn are real music and i, as an old person will yell back: "no you flobbs, Nelly Furtado is the real deal, buy her CD-streaminyl on Amaflix" and they will just look at me in an astonished way and say: "Nelly whew, did she had any hits besides All Good Things and Hot in Herre?" aww..we're all getting there someday

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    Originally posted by thankfulforkelly
    I have zero interest in Madonna, Mariah, Janet, Whitney or Celine. I respect them all but I just don't care for any of them at all
    yes thank you! (although admittedly Medoner has a few bops)
    a few? try 38 top 10 singles, b!tch... that's 2 GH CDs full of certified classics that everyone shud know by heart.

Leave a comment:

• Era
    replied
    Originally posted by Hugo
    [youtube:23kkn5b6]X2xdJiExvUk[/youtube:23kkn5b6]

What a flawless Queen.
    The best of all time <3

Leave a comment:

• flopho
    replied
    I have zero interest in Madonna, Mariah, Janet, Whitney or Celine. I respect them all but I just don't care for any of them at all
    yes thank you! (although admittedly Medoner has a few bops)

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    they are a required taste that only over 1 billion ppl have (had). (and we are 7,5 bn people today.. well maybe not in the times when they were big... so maybe only 1/4th of the world's population at the time picked up one of their CDs.

Leave a comment:

• Hugo
    replied
    [youtube:3eqn4hgk]X2xdJiExvUk[/youtube:3eqn4hgk]

What a flawless Queen.

Leave a comment:

• biscuits
    replied
    I have zero interest in Madonna, Mariah, Janet, Whitney or Celine.
    Why would you? You stan for flops, not queens

Leave a comment:

• biscuits
    replied
    What do the following artists have in common?

Britney Spears
    Christina Aguilera
    Beyonce (and Destiny's Child)
    Justin Timberlake (and *NSYNC)
    Michael Jackson
    Aaliyah
    Pink
    Usher
    OutKast
    Stevie Wonder
    Mya
    Jennifer Lopez
    Macy Gray
    Jessica Simpson
    Busta Rhymes
    They all attended 'MTV ICON: Janet Jackson' and named her as one of their idols/favourite artists

Leave a comment:

• Serby
    replied
    The only times I'm happy MC exist is when someone I like cites her as influence, tho I can't see the connection - ever.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    Originally posted by MrLeonix
    ^ Don't know .. What?
    They all were inspired by Janet and/or directly worked with her.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    Janet doesn't publicly support any artist. But saying Janet can't stand Britney - I'm gonna need receipts on that because it's not true at all.
    she supported Michael.

And I couldn't be happier, seeing MUMU and Jenat being cordial during the Legends Ball.
    Ugh I've never seen such a brilliant assemblance of black female pioneers and leaders in my life. I can never make it through half of that special without crying. No Onikas, no Azaleas, no Tinys. Just unequivocal, unabridged talent.
    [youtube:1dmhaxf9]a_BJ0LXvLNk[/youtube:1dmhaxf9]
    Never again.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    ^ Don't know .. What?

Leave a comment:

• biscuits
    replied
    What do the following artists have in common?

Britney Spears
    Christina Aguilera
    Beyonce (and Destiny's Child)
    Justin Timberlake (and *NSYNC)
    Michael Jackson
    Aaliyah
    Pink
    Usher
    OutKast
    Stevie Wonder
    Mya
    Jennifer Lopez
    Macy Gray
    Jessica Simpson
    Busta Rhymes

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Céline shouldn't be taken as the standard as she LITERALLY LOOOOOVES everyone.
    Celine is indeed a sweetheart.

Leave a comment:

• biscuits
    replied
    There are times when Britney has named Janet as her biggest influence. But the media will always compare her to Maddy because they're both white

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    Céline shouldn't be taken as the standard as she LITERALLY LOOOOOVES everyone.

Leave a comment:

• biscuits
    replied
    Originally posted by MrLeonix
    Why do Janet fans hate Britney so much? The word "Britney" is like a triggering word in that fanbase, you know like mentioning Madonna to a Mariah Carey fan or something like that. Its the same in Janet's land regarding Britney.

I don't get it, Janet is super talented she has a great legacy and respect, so I don't know why Britney bothers Janet's fans so much.

Also, you can tell that Janet despises Britney. Madonna supports Britney all the time, Kylie, Mariah and Celine have nothing but nice things to say about Britney. Janet on the other hand doesn't seem to stand Brit at all.
    This isn't really true. I have seen a lot of Janet fans online who like Britney. If there are Janet fans who dislike her, it's probably for the same reasons anyone else dislikes her - e.g. weak voice, limited dance skills since 2007, record label puppet.

And it's true that Britney probably resembles Janet more than she does Maddy, so maybe it irks Janet fans if she credits Maddy more. It's like Anna Grande saying Maddy is her idol even though she clones Mariah

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    Janet doesn't publicly support any artist. But saying Janet can't stand Britney - I'm gonna need receipts on that because it's not true at all.
    she supported Michael.

And I couldn't be happier, seeing MUMU and Jenat being cordial during the Legends Ball.

Leave a comment:

• biscuits
    replied

She has always said nice things about Britney

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Wow, all because I think that title is cringe!
    LOL no, my comment was not made because of what you posted, sorry if it seemed like that. However I did remind the Janet fans history in Britney's career, so it was just a genuine question.

Its something that I've never understood. I've been following Britney since day 1 (1998) and it's always been like that, like there's a huge Britney rejection coming from Janet's fans since the early days, like Britney is "not cool" or she is "persona non-grata" in that fanbase, but more than just matter of taste always seemed to be leaning into a defensive way.

I once read from one Janet fan that he was offended by Britney and the fact she always credited Madonna as her biggest influence when she borrowed a lot from Janet. Still doesn't seem to me enough reason to justify such extreme hate. Just a few days ago a couple Janet fans were trying it hard with Britney on the Chartmasters forum (that Britney was just lucky and that no one remembers her and stuff like that).

I also always wondered why Janet never supported Britney, I mean considering Madonna gave tremendous support, and even Michael Jackson invited her to perform with him.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X