Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Random Thought Thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by stevyy
    It seems like Gaga and Katy have burnt thru their fame at this point. Their new music is not what the GP aka teens want anymore.

    I would say that even Rihanna is slowly decreasing in popularity. It becomes apparent when you look at her chartruns from outside the United States. But that's the natural progression of music careers...
    Rihanna is on another league compared to those two tho, she has released 8 studio albums for over a decade and the bitch still gets #1 hits, massive airplay success and she's a streaming phenomenom, so yeah her international profile dropped a bit during "Anti", but it was something normal, she's definately still relevant in pop music.

    Katy and Gaga are under a decade in the business. Katy was doing pretty good up until "Prism" tho, so I don't know what happened to her in the last couple of years, her singles don't seem to work like they used to do. And regarding Lady Gaga, well, when you look at the whole picture she only had two good eras and that was it, even Xtina managed to have 3 good eras at least.

    Leave a comment:


  • MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by TIfan
    MJ is the greatest, but why do some attack other artist for not being ORIGINAL, and they use MJ as their backup. As if Westside Story, Moonwalk, James Brown, and Jackie Wilson came out after he did. All artist are inspired by something.
    MJ is the original Pop star.

    Leave a comment:


  • stevyy
    replied
    Originally posted by MrLeonix
    Originally posted by Crackiswack
    It's sad seeing this last generation of album sellers struggling a la Katy, Lana, Gaga.i guess what's so shocking is that they were able to sell over ten million of an album but now they're struggling to sell one million.

    But at least they got their money before streaming took over
    Taylor Swift, Adele and Rihanna are the ones that the new generation picked in the end. Even Artists like Ariana Grande or Miley Cyrus are more popular than acts like Gaga / Katy these days.
    It seems like Gaga and Katy have burnt thru their fame at this point. Their new music is not what the GP aka teens want anymore.

    I would say that even Rihanna is slowly decreasing in popularity. It becomes apparent when you look at her chartruns from outside the United States. But that's the natural progression of music careers...

    Leave a comment:


  • MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by Crackiswack
    It's sad seeing this last generation of album sellers struggling a la Katy, Lana, Gaga.i guess what's so shocking is that they were able to sell over ten million of an album but now they're struggling to sell one million.

    But at least they got their money before streaming took over
    Taylor Swift, Adele and Rihanna are the ones that the new generation picked in the end. Even Artists like Ariana Grande or Miley Cyrus are more popular than acts like Gaga / Katy these days.

    Leave a comment:


  • stevyy
    replied
    Originally posted by Crackiswack
    It's sad seeing this last generation of album sellers struggling a la Katy, Lana, Gaga.i guess what's so shocking is that they were able to sell over ten million of an album but now they're struggling to sell one million.

    But at least they got their money before streaming took over
    Katy and Lana never had an album come remotely close to 10m tho. Gagz and Adole are the only 2 female who actually have an album sell over 15m copies worldwide since...2008?

    Leave a comment:


  • Crackiswack
    replied
    It's sad seeing this last generation of album sellers struggling a la Katy, Lana, Gaga.i guess what's so shocking is that they were able to sell over ten million of an album but now they're struggling to sell one million.

    But at least they got their money before streaming took over

    Leave a comment:


  • TIfan
    replied
    MJ is the greatest, but why do some attack other artist for not being ORIGINAL, and they use MJ as their backup. As if Westside Story, Moonwalk, James Brown, and Jackie Wilson came out after he did. All artist are inspired by something.

    Leave a comment:


  • Crackiswack
    replied
    Have any of you heard Love Galore by SZA?? It's too good

    Leave a comment:


  • Phoenixx
    replied
    Hello

    Leave a comment:


  • Serby
    replied
    Originally posted by MusicRecords
    Ugh little drunk right now but I fin hate how Vienna and the rest of Europe for that matter pretty much shuts down on Sundays....like what the flying F....no stores pen, and I don't mean just clothing stores, I mean like groceries stores too.....people just stay at home and cook and stuff....BORING ugh there's like nothing to do and night life sucks besides Friday and Saturday nights....booo....like wtf I might as well go tent out in the middle of the woods cause its the same experience, ghost city....they need to take note of places like NYC which have places pen 24/7 even on big worldwide holidays...also Austrian people need to calm tf down and stop being so dman grumpy, like what is it that makes their lives so miserable? like chill msn, I always feel like shoving down 20 chill pills down their throats, they're always in a bad mood and so bitter damn stupid wanna be German people


    After two years of starving on Sundays I learned to know better. It is annoying but they all mostly agree that it's good so that families can have at leats Sundays free, all together.

    Leave a comment:


  • AlphaMale
    replied
    Originally posted by stevyy
    Originally posted by AlphaMale
    Come to Lisbon! It's on party mode 24/7 everyday.
    who wouldn't be happier with these temperatures and sun-hours... In central EU we would be lucky if we reach 20C in August...
    And there's also that.
    The sunset is at 9 pm we have almost 15 hours of daylight, we have dinner at 9 pm and the party never starts before midnight. And it doesn't end

    Leave a comment:


  • stevyy
    replied
    Originally posted by AlphaMale
    Come to Lisbon! It's on party mode 24/7 everyday.
    who wouldn't be happier with these temperatures and sun-hours... In central EU we would be lucky if we reach 20C in August...

    Leave a comment:


  • AlphaMale
    replied
    Originally posted by MusicRecords
    Ugh little drunk right now but I fin hate how Vienna and the rest of Europe for that matter pretty much shuts down on Sundays....like what the flying F....no stores pen, and I don't mean just clothing stores, I mean like groceries stores too.....people just stay at home and cook and stuff....BORING ugh there's like nothing to do and night life sucks besides Friday and Saturday nights....booo....like wtf I might as well go tent out in the middle of the woods cause its the same experience, ghost city....they need to take note of places like NYC which have places pen 24/7 even on big worldwide holidays...also Austrian people need to calm tf down and stop being so dman grumpy, like what is it that makes their lives so miserable? like chill msn, I always feel like shoving down 20 chill pills down their throats, they're always in a bad mood and so bitter damn stupid wanna be German people
    Come to Lisbon! It's on party mode 24/7 everyday.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wayne
    replied
    Originally posted by MusicRecords
    How much would it cost to update the forum again with new features anyway? curious, or is it just by adding some code and therefore "free"?
    Depends what is required - we run a relatively old version of phpbb which Lars has further personalised. I imagine only he would know the answer to this.

    Leave a comment:


  • MusicRecords
    replied
    Ugh little drunk right now but I fin hate how Vienna and the rest of Europe for that matter pretty much shuts down on Sundays....like what the flying F....no stores pen, and I don't mean just clothing stores, I mean like groceries stores too.....people just stay at home and cook and stuff....BORING ugh there's like nothing to do and night life sucks besides Friday and Saturday nights....booo....like wtf I might as well go tent out in the middle of the woods cause its the same experience, ghost city....they need to take note of places like NYC which have places pen 24/7 even on big worldwide holidays...also Austrian people need to calm tf down and stop being so dman grumpy, like what is it that makes their lives so miserable? like chill msn, I always feel like shoving down 20 chill pills down their throats, they're always in a bad mood and so bitter damn stupid wanna be German people

    Leave a comment:


  • MusicRecords
    replied
    How much would it cost to update the forum again with new features anyway? curious, or is it just by adding some code and therefore "free"?

    Leave a comment:


  • ArmyOfMe
    replied
    Originally posted by biscuits
    Originally posted by MusicRecords
    Originally posted by TIfan
    Random,

    I think it would be cool if we had a LIKE button. I thanknu dislike button would cause drama, so like only would be cool. It would be kind of funny as well!
    But even with no dislike button, users would make drama out of people not liking their posts, interpreting silence as a dislike
    Don't judge us all by what you'd do

    Leave a comment:


  • MusicRecords
    replied
    Originally posted by Biebz
    yawn
    Snore

    Leave a comment:


  • MusicRecords
    replied
    Originally posted by biscuits
    Originally posted by MusicRecords
    Originally posted by TIfan
    Random,

    I think it would be cool if we had a LIKE button. I thanknu dislike button would cause drama, so like only would be cool. It would be kind of funny as well!
    But even with no dislike button, users would make drama out of people not liking their posts, interpreting silence as a dislike
    Don't judge us all by what you'd do
    Just saying based on what people do with FB but that's another thing, let's not make this into FB/insta stuff

    Leave a comment:


  • Biebz
    replied
    yawn

    Leave a comment:


  • Carbon
    replied
    Originally posted by MusicRecords
    Originally posted by Wayne
    You aren't dual hosting the countdown are you?
    He should, that way people don't put themselves on top
    wow, still on this

    Leave a comment:


  • biscuits
    replied
    Originally posted by MusicRecords
    Originally posted by TIfan
    Random,

    I think it would be cool if we had a LIKE button. I thanknu dislike button would cause drama, so like only would be cool. It would be kind of funny as well!
    But even with no dislike button, users would make drama out of people not liking their posts, interpreting silence as a dislike
    Don't judge us all by what you'd do

    Leave a comment:


  • MusicRecords
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne
    You aren't dual hosting the countdown are you?
    He should, that way people don't put themselves on top

    Leave a comment:


  • stevyy
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne
    You aren't dual hosting the countdown are you?
    nope. all me. I'm going to start it Friday with nominations. 2 weeks of noms... then countdown.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wayne
    replied
    You aren't dual hosting the countdown are you?

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X