X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stevyy
    replied
    Originally posted by CrazyCrazy
    I could start the male countdown right now if stevyy didn't mind?

The other thing tifan suggested - count me out.
    hun, i would mind.

Leave a comment:

• TIfan
    replied
    That would be funny

Leave a comment:

• MusicRecords
    replied
    Originally posted by TIfan
    Random,

I think it would be cool if we had a LIKE button. I thanknu dislike button would cause drama, so like only would be cool. It would be kind of funny as well!
    But even with no dislike button, users would make drama out of people not liking their posts, interpreting silence as a dislike

Leave a comment:

• TIfan
    replied
    Random,

I think it would be cool if we had a LIKE button. I thanknu dislike button would cause drama, so like only would be cool. It would be kind of funny as well!

Leave a comment:

• Crackiswack
    replied
    Originally posted by MusicRecords
    Originally posted by Crackiswack
    I really want to read that practical explanation for next life thread but I'm afraid I'll get a virus
    Do it from your phone, they don't really get viruses or highly unlikely lol

Edit: it's BS just random text no links or stuff
    Tganks for taking one for the team

Leave a comment:

• MusicRecords
    replied
    Originally posted by Crackiswack
    I really want to read that practical explanation for next life thread but I'm afraid I'll get a virus
    Do it from your phone, they don't really get viruses or highly unlikely lol

Edit: it's BS just random text no links or stuff

Leave a comment:

• Crackiswack
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Crackiswack
    replied
    Tlfan I love that idea!!!

There should be a popular vote/suggestion of all the possible contendants and then you guys choose nominees and then winners

Leave a comment:

• CrazyCrazy
    replied
    I could start the male countdown right now if stevyy didn't mind?

The other thing tifan suggested - count me out.

Leave a comment:

• MusicRecords
    replied
    Originally posted by biscuits
    Originally posted by Wayne
    If we ever did an awards competition ala the Grammy's on UKMIX, then the genre awards wouldn't be by popular vote. I'd be keen to get together a council - maybe consisting of 10 people (3 pop fans, 3 R&B fans, 2 dance fans and 2 country/rock fans) who would then have like a month or so to listen to the nominated albums in each category.

All other categories could possibly be put to popular vote? Unsure.
    Just let me decide as I'm our resident dictator
    BIG NO...lets not have the last countdown repeat

Leave a comment:

• MusicRecords
    replied
    Lord!

:evil: :evil: :evil:

I would hope some would be honest in their votes. The forum would be for people to give their opinion, discover different sounds, and even argue a bit, but I think an Award show would be fun for all of us.
    Message me if u want some tea that happened some time ago

Leave a comment:

• TIfan
    replied
    How about we have 7 general categories?

Artist of the Year
    Female Artist of the Year
    Male Artist of the Year
    Group/Band of the Year
    Album of the Year
    Song of the Year
    New Artist of the Year

Outstanding Albums for Rock, Country, Pop, Alternative, Rap, Foreign Language, R&B, and Soundtrack.

Outstanding Music Video, Music Film, Live Performance.

That's 18...

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    I like the idea of the committee determining the nominees and the winners being announced by popular vote.

In terms of a PM - the moderation team can create a separate, private forum for committee members only to discuss all of the nominations. I think a private forum would work better than a PM here.

TIfan - I think you have far too many categories to retain interest if I'm being honest. Maybe we half what you have? I think we could utilise the homepage well here as well - using the reviews section to highlight a new album each week for e.g.

Leave a comment:

• cheapthrills
    replied
    Originally posted by Hugo
    If we ever did an awards competition ala the Grammy's on UKMIX, then the genre awards wouldn't be by popular vote. I'd be keen to get together a council - maybe consisting of 10 people (3 pop fans, 3 R&B fans, 2 dance fans and 2 country/rock fans) who would then have like a month or so to listen to the nominated albums in each category.

Maybe let members with a specific amount of posts/years on the site choose the nominees.
    I've seen this done before and the host created a thread for people to sign up. Then a group PM was created for discussion with the host included. So the committee determines the nominees and then the general populace votes on them.

Also, I am still here for the male artists countdown.

Leave a comment:

• TIfan
    replied
    ^^^ Forgot about that.

I used the word "Performance" which represents vocals, musicianship, and/or lyrical content (no matter who write the song).

Leave a comment:

• Hugo
    replied
    I would include a Best Live Performance, of course. lol

Leave a comment:

• TIfan
    replied
    Here is a list of the categories I came up with. I'd love to see what every thinks. I am down for suggestions. I'd love for the 4 main categories to have 5 nominees, and the genre categories to have 3 nominees. The deadline can be December 1st - November 30th (anything released during that period is eligible)................. Give me your feedback.......

Artist of the Year
    Album of the Year
    Song of the Year
    New Artist of the Year

Outstanding Rock Solo Performance
    Outstanding Rock Duo or Group Performance
    Outstanding Rock Album

Outstanding Alternative Music Performance
    Outstanding Alternative Music Album

Outstanding Female Solo Pop Performance
    Outstanding Male Solo Pop Performance
    Outstanding Pop Duo or Group Performance
    Outstanding Pop Album

Outstanding Dance Performance
    Outstanding Dance Album

Outstanding Female Solo R&B Performance
    Outstanding Male Solo R&B Performance
    Outstanding R&B Duo or Group Performance
    Outstanding R&B/Urban Album

Outstanding Solo Rap Lyrical Performance
    Outstanding Rap Duo or Group Performance
    Outstanding Rap Album
    Outstanding Rap/Sung Performance

Outstanding Female Solo Country Performance
    Outstanding Male Solo Country Performance
    Outstanding Country Duo or Group Performance
    Outstanding Country Album

Outstanding Foreign Language Song: Non English
    Outstanding Foreign Language Album: Non English

Outstanding Music Video
    Outstanding Music Film

Outstanding DJ of the Year
    Outstanding Live Performance

Outstanding Soundtrack Song
    Outstanding Soundtrack Album

*Lifetime Achievement Award:
    -1 Female Solo Artist
    -1 Male Solo Artist
    -1 Duo/Group/Band

Leave a comment:

• Tansike
    replied
    ^ That would be an awesome idea!

Leave a comment:

• Hugo
    replied

Maybe let members with a specific amount of posts/years on the site choose the nominees.

Leave a comment:

• flopho
    replied
    there could be a jury and a popular vote

Leave a comment:

• Colbie
    replied
    Originally posted by biscuits
    Originally posted by MusicRecords
    Yeah if there's gonna be an awards show let's play fair this time, and have 2 hosts who are opposites that way we ensure they don't team up like for example, if you're gonna put biscuits as host, make me the second one so we are assured all the results are correct just in case u never known, 2 minds are better than one and even simple math can have miscalculations
    Nothing against stevyy doll and Colbie, but the execution of the awards was a mess thanks to having two hosts. Look how organised and efficient the popular countdown was in comparison.
    It was a bit messy coz Stevyy wouldnt read/awnser my pm's

Leave a comment:

• biscuits
    replied

Just let me decide as I'm our resident dictator

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TIfan
    replied
    I am sure some will vote just because their fav is nominated, but there are many music lovers on here, and we might have many surprises. I've already sent Stevvy a pm, with a breakdown of categories.

I think the cut off date should match Billboards Year End (Dec 1st-Nov 30st)

Leave a comment:

• EAI
    replied
    Lord!

:evil: :evil: :evil:

I would hope some would be honest in their votes. The forum would be for people to give their opinion, discover different sounds, and even argue a bit, but I think an Award show would be fun for all of us.
    I agree

Leave a comment:

Working...
X