This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O.M.G

I just heard, for the first time ever, how albeit is pronounced. All this time I said it like al-bite when it was al-be-it. I feel betrayed by English yet again. It has never crossed my mind it was pronounced like that. Ever.
    be kind to every kind (also the unkind kind!!!!! )

Comment

• ^Depending on the region of the US, you will hear something more like al-bite in many places I think technically yes it’s more like al-be-it (although it be) but even native speakers mess it up so much that it’s hardly ever bothered to be corrected

Idk about the UK
      Follow Me On Instagram

The FIRST user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING

Comment

• Re: The Random Thought Thread

All-be-it in the UK

Comment

• Originally posted by Carbon
          Originally posted by LongingHeart
          Originally posted by TheRealest
          Originally posted by DOSSOME
          Jlo deserves another grammy nom too
          For what sis
          For Ain’t Your Mama
          in a ''thank God it's not a duet with Pitbull'' category
          Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• Originally posted by heppolo

OMG

Comment

Pitting women against each other thing is getting really old. Both Cardi B and Nicki Minaj are great rappers and they've released good albums.
              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by Marchum
                Originally posted by heppolo

OMG
                Floped and localed

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy
                  Pitting women against each other thing is getting really old. Both Cardi B and Nicki Minaj are great rappers and they've released good albums.
                  Sometimes the outburst comes from these females.
                  You ain't gotta break down,
                  YOU'RE TOO STRONG!"

Comment

charts are useless these days

Comment

Very.
                      No one can sell. Streaming is a hot mess. There are bundles everywhere.
                      Diva!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by TIfan
                        Originally posted by heppolo
                        Very.
                        No one can sell. Streaming is a hot mess. There are bundles everywhere.
                        How about the new RIAA certifications, which pretty much invalidate whatever usefulness that thing might have had in the past...

Tours and festivals is where it's at
                        I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                        I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• I do think bundles are good for older artist (anyone thats over 40 nowadays), since radio will not support them.

I don't get why artist don't do album bundles though like they did in the 90s.?.?
                          -"Buy my new album, and get my previous album for only $4"
                          -"Get 3 of any albums for only $15"
                          -" Get my previous album, and previous tour dvd with new album for only $16"
                          Diva!!!

Comment

Because people do not want albums... I agree that would be nice but the market would still be restricted.
                            I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                            I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• No one buys music anymore, it's all about merch (and I count vinyls under merch)

It's all about touring, but that market quickly gets oversaturated IMO.
                              Floped and localed

Comment

Some artists do still sell music though - the US top 50 gives a less than accurate picture of the music industry.

Is the CD declining? Of course. However, I think the key to CD's continuing on in some form for some years yet is reducing the price and making album releases a less frequent experience (for e.g. an artist shouldn't need to release a new album every time they have new music).

Comment

• Originally posted by DnBLover
                                  Tours and festivals is where it's at
                                  Originally posted by Gravity
                                  It's all about touring, but that market quickly gets oversaturated IMO.
                                  Thats the key these days. If you want to maintain a profitable and millionaire career based on music these days you will need to invest a lot in Touring and tickets sales.

According to official documentation provided to the court it was revealed that Britney Spears earned $57million dolars in 2017 alone, she didn't release a music album or era that year, in fact not even one single was released, in other words she earned close to $60m in a relatively dead year for her.

Ever since she focussed on shows, tickets, festivals, tours and residencies (she's currently on Tour in Europe) her income increased dramatically and she's been ranking on Forbes and Billboards money makers lists among the 10 highest paid female musicians nearly for every year since 2013, now she earns more money than what she used to earn when she was the hottest thing on charts.

Touring is the current key. Those artists that never cultivated the culture of touring through their careers are having a hard time now because royalty checks are not big anymore.
                                  Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                                  Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

^ Earned = grossed?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne
                                      ^ Earned = grossed?
                                      EARNED.

Britney is currently facing a Child support lawsuit (Kevin Ferderline is asking her for more money) and her exact earnings of last year had to be revealed on court

Britney Spears' Financial Records Released in Child Support Case -- Find Out How Much She Made Last Year

Britney Spears collected quite the pretty penny last year.

The "Piece of Me" singer made a grand total of $56,562,912.38 in 2017, according to financial records obtained by ET. The documents were submitted as part of Spears' ongoing child support case with her ex-husband, Kevin Federline. The former backup dancer filed court docs in May requesting an increase in the $20,000 a month he receives for the pair's two kids: 12-year-old Sean Preston and 11-year-old Jayden James.

ET previously learned that Spears and her ex first attempted to work out their expenses privately, but Federline filed court docs in Los Angeles asking for an increase in child support last month based on Spears' rising income due to her Las Vegas residency and worldwide tour, reported by Forbes, and his lack of steady work as a DJ.

While Spears' financial records were submitted as part of their child support battle, a source told ET in June that she was also "getting a full forensic report on Kevin to try to prove where the money she provides is actually being spent." In addition to his two kids with Spears, the former backup dancer is also father to four other children.

ETonline.com
                                      She exactly earned $56,562,912,38 in 2017.
                                      Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                                      Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

I think I wasn't clear.

I imagine that she has a company or a set of companies within which she files her "accounts" - her take from her 2017 earnings = what you posted, less her taxes and costs.

Comment

I think I wasn't clear.

I imagine that she has a company or a set of companies within which she files her "accounts" - her take from her 2017 earnings = what you posted, less her taxes and costs.
                                          Well I don't know how that process works, I guess artists have to pay taxes and lawyers and that stuff.

But the point is that artists earn the most these days through touring and there is a bigger culture about it now, back in the 90s (and even 00s) tours had less amount of dates, some artists wouldn't mind to tour that much because music sales were so healthy that you could still get massive millionaire record deals and inmense royalties, those days are over.

If you don't tour / sell tickets in 2018 you're likely having a hard time in music, (there are exceptions like Adele of course).

Also for very famous artists having side deals with products (fragances lines, fashion lines, companies, commercials, etc) help them a lot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gravity
                                            No one buys music anymore, it's all about merch (and I count vinyls under merch)
                                            Old rock bands are still good at selling merch on the basis of their legacy alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Gravity
                                              No one buys music anymore, it's all about merch (and I count vinyls under merch)
                                              Old rock bands are still good at selling merch on the basis of their legacy alone.
                                              They also sell out tours and pull huge crowds.

Comment

• A lot of artists with substantial wealth (those in the +$500 million club) - your Madonna's, your Celine's, some of your big rock acts like Bono - probably also have a LOT of private investments via their companies which they haven't necessarily earned from their "celebrity" related deals.

One of the more shrewd well known investments is Bono's investment in Facebook - which turned out to be genius.

Another is Michael Jackson's buying of the publishing rights of the Beatles catalog.

Comment

A lot of artists with substantial wealth (those in the +$500 million club) - your Madonna's, your Celine's, some of your big rock acts like Bono - probably also have a LOT of private investments via their companies which they haven't necessarily earned from their "celebrity" related deals.

One of the more shrewd well known investments is Bono's investment in Facebook - which turned out to be genius.

Another is Michael Jackson's buying of the publishing rights of the Beatles catalog.
                                                  Yep, a lot of artists have a lot of investments that we're not aware of. I'm sure J.Lo is one of them, in addition of fragances, clothing lines, products, etc she must have a bunch of other deals, private investments that we don't have idea.

Comment

• [youtube:32itg7nt]sorkZA135nQ[/youtube:32itg7nt]

Glennis was incredible yet again. Hope she gets through.
                                                    Time for the rest of the world to get to know her.
                                                    My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

Working...
                                                    X