X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by heppolo
    Originally posted by BlueScorpion
    It's a Mariah's World and we all live in it.
    So I can officially blame Mariah for Drake and Justin Bieber existence in the mainstream culture ever since it's her world.
    well, we know that Usher is to blame for Bieber, but karma got him good and destroyed his career. (Hard II Love was a masterpiece album).
    My Chart

Comment

• Re: The Random Thought Thread

Dionne Warwick is so slept on.. Such a beautiful voice

[youtubeaiswra1]FzQBOBoPg04[/youtubeaiswra1]

Comment

• Originally posted by DOSSOME

I love love love Miss Dionne... she is an Original. So many legendary songs. I agree, the UKMIX gays should praise her more.
        My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy
          Originally posted by DOSSOME

I love love love Miss Dionne... she is an Original. So many legendary songs. I agree, the UKMIX gays should praise her more.
          YAS boo

Comment

Poor Dionne, one of the most distinctive voices of all-time.

However, she's arguably more known for her bankruptcy woes over the years these days than her singing career.

How does a woman with as many hits, even if they were only really in the US, end up with $25k of assets after 50 years in the business? It's just terrible.

Comment

$25k????
              What did she do with her money? Girl.... :(

Comment

When she declared herself bankrupt, she had liabilities to the IRS and others of $10m - but even that amount feel too small for such a long career.

But then you remember that she never wrote her own music (at least not the songs that made money) and she sold very few albums relatively speaking, along with only playing to small crowds over her decades in music and only really in the US.

Her story is quite sad, she’s had her fair share of personal tragedies as well. She’ll always be a massive icon in soul music regardless.

Comment

• Some artists just don't take care of their money. By the time Whitney Houston died she had an estimated net worth of $20million dollars , while the amount is great it feels small for such a big icon and one of the biggest global superstars like Whitney . . . Her peers like Mariah, Celine or Madonna have net worths that exceed $300m, $500m and even $800m
                  Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                  Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

I'll never understand where Whitney's money went - she must've personally earned upwards of $200 million from the sale of her music alone.

Celine has generally always been careful with money, and she has a license to print it anyway with her constant live performance + record sales - in 2014, she was estimated to be the 101st wealthiest Canadian in the world with $721,446,865. And likewise, Madonna has also benefited to a similar degree from both record sales and live performance.

What really benefits artists from the 1980s onwards, particularly women, is the shift from single sales to album sales - music consumption changed with the advent of the CD, and this had a massive impact on earnings. When you couple that with the exponential inflation in ticket prices, you get $$$.

Comment

Some artists are just bad with money (looking at you, Toni Braxton)
                      Floped and localed

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix
                        Her peers like Mariah, Celine or Madonna have net worths that exceed $300m, $500m and even $800m
                        Mariah lost a bit of her fortune, didn't she?
                        Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

Somebody help me. My Male coworkers bragging about buying hookers
                          Diva!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by TIfan
                            The window of my room is looking onto one of the 'Red Lights District' streets in Vienna and the amount of hot, young men that go there is so surprising. Is it that hard to get laid in str8 world? like, half of them I wouln't say no to.
                            be kind to every kind (also the unkind kind!!!!! )

Comment

• Originally posted by Serby
                              Originally posted by TIfan
                              The window of my room is looking onto one of the 'Red Lights District' streets in Vienna and the amount of hot, young men that go there is so surprising. Is it that hard to get laid in str8 world? like, half of them I wouln't say no to.
                              The men at my job that were bragging about the hookers are married or they have a girlfriend. My heart breaks for this type of stuff. It was the same when I lived in NYC. Do all men cheat?
                              Diva!!!

Comment

I already find your bachelor party tradition problematic af.
                                "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

• Originally posted by Serby
                                  Its not hard to get laid in the “Str8 world” .... its just part of men’s instinct and culture, no matter if they can get laid easily and for free, no matter if they have girlfriends or wives .... they will always get a hooker at some point and since in a while.

Every 3 months or so, I go with my straight friends to brothels and its etremely fun, sometimes we don’t even f*ck or anything, we just have drinks, have a d*mn good time (like if we were in any other random bar) and we see the pretty ladies (who are almost naked walking by). Its like a place for you and your boys to go and forget your problems.

Do all men cheat?
                                  Yep.

... well ... lets just say 99,99% of them so we don’t claim there aren’t exceptions.
                                  Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                                  Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

Wtf speak for yourself. No not all men cheat, maybe in your cultures
                                    I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                                    I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix
                                      Its not hard to get laid in the “Str8 world” .... its just part of men’s instinct and culture, no matter if they can get laid easily and for free, no matter if they have girlfriends or wives .... they will always get a hooker at some point and since in a while.
                                      Even accepting that it's part of a man's instinct to "get laid", we are still capable as a species of saying "no" - and I think most men do that.

It may be a cultural thing, prostitution is much more prevalent in Central and South America than it is in places like the UK.

Comment

• Originally posted by DnBLover
                                        !

Comment

• Originally posted by TIfan
                                          Originally posted by Serby
                                          The men at my job that were bragging about the hookers are married or they have a girlfriend. My heart breaks for this type of stuff. It was the same when I lived in NYC. Do all men cheat?
                                          Not all men, no. And there are some men whose wives allow them to do this, don't forget. But I would say the vast majority who you're talking about are either incredibly entitled or just too damn scared to have an honest conversation with their missus. Either way, weak.
                                          Addict. Advocate. Author. Artist.
                                          My journey of R&B, addiction and superheroes....
                                          www.rawirijames.com
                                          #LostBoy album and novel OUT NOW!

Comment

Yep, maybe is the cultural difference.

I personally don't know any friend who hasn't cheated before (and I'm not proud to admit that I have cheated too), but we're talking about 100% straight dudes right? . . . . well none of my straight friends have been faithful like ever . . . I know what they've done . . .

I also don't know any male member of my family who hasn't cheated, there's at least one story about fights among several members of my family because of the pressence of another woman and I even have an uncle who we used to believe he was a saint and decades later we found out he had not one, but three parallel / side families, he lived a double life. . . . Honestly I don't believe men can be 100% faithful.

Plenty of men are cheating their girlfriends and wives on daily basis with hookers, and other girls and even gay men. . . . . but women are not saint either, during the last 10 years women have been cheating here big time too, they're basically more "dangerous" than men these days in Latin America.

. . . It is a big problem here, but nice to hear everyone is faithful in Europe.

Comment

Comment

• I have never cheated on my girlfriend and don't intend on ever doing it.
                                                I don't have any male straight friend who has admitted to cheat on their girlfriend. None.
                                                And my father has told me he has never cheated on my mother.
                                                The closest to me who have cheated are my grandfather and uncle.

Saying that you cheat to me or my friends is seen as a terrible thing. And definitely not a male exclusive thing, I know more girls than guys who have cheated on their boyfriends.

So I don't relate at all. At all. Zero.
                                                I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                                                I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• The thing is that in this forum everyone is "perfect". . . . But outside in the real world, cheating and loyalty are major issues for most couples.

Many people are just naive and think everyone is faithful and appearances can be deceiving, sometimes the person we exepct the least is a big cheater. I think people are more private in Europe, in Latin America friends tell everything to each other even dark secrets, you just have to get some beers or drinks and chat with all your friends, I have found out about so much.

Also, I've been very active (sexually) and the amount of married people (both men and women) who are totally lost looking for affairs and who have hooked up with me is insane, sometimes I haven't found out they're married or have kids before hooking up until they later "open up with me" and confess . . . . I've honesty seen so much that I lost my innocence regarding that matter, I totally lost my capacity to believe that someone can be 100% faithful and loyal.

.... Thats why I always support open relationships.

Comment

• Cheating in an open relationship doesn't count
                                                    Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

Working...
                                                    X