This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aRat
    If you really think about it the Beatles were a pop boyband marketed as a rock band so that str8 men would stan them without feeling attacked on their frail masculinity while at the same time women of all ages would go crazy for them just like they do for any pop boyband.

It was a genius plan really. Ugh hate to admit it but their minds>>>>
    The only difference is that George, Paul and JOHN were magical beings. John Lennon being the greatest human entity that has ever lived.

And you should really listen to Paul's latest album Egypt Station... it is the best pop album of the year without him even trying.

I hope he wins AOTY. There is really no competition in that category for him.

You little what's her name pop tart of the moment, Dual Liposection is to the Beatles what trash is to diamonds.
    My Chart

Comment

• Re: The Random Thought Thread

If Yesterday would have been released today, it might have been put under ''indie folk'' label
      Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• Originally posted by heppolo
        If Yesterday would have been released today, it might have been put under ''indie folk'' label
        could be... but they would pull an Adele with every single album they would release today... bc their music truly is timeless.
        My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy
          Originally posted by heppolo
          could be... but they would pull an Adele with every single album they would release today... bc their music truly is timeless.
          It's fascinating how timing can make or break artists.

Comment

Originally posted by stevyy
            Originally posted by heppolo
            It's fascinating how timing can make or break artists.
            yeah, but only certain artists. Truly legendary and visionary acts work in every era. Madonna could release her debut album today and it would be a streaming MONSTER.

Purple Rain would pull a Santana Supernatural on the charts and obliterate everyone.

Thriller / MJ would pull numbers that Sheeran, Bieber & Swift COMBINED couldn't do. Honestly.

There is a distinction between acts as some truly are better than others. A Meghan Trainor is only another reincarnation of Meredith Brooks... And that Dual girl... don't get me started.
            My Chart

Comment

• Purple Rain would pull a Santana Supernatural on the charts and obliterate everyone.
              These days ''Purple Rain'' could have been a hit only with a Migos/Cardi B/Lil Pump feature.

Comment

• A Meghan Trainor is only another reincarnation of Meredith Brooks..
                Sounds offensive towards Meredith.

Comment

Purple Rain would pull a Santana Supernatural on the charts and obliterate everyone.
                  These days ''Purple Rain'' could have been a hit only with a Migos/Cardi B/Lil Pump feature.
                  I disagree... bc some music breaks through to all generations. Charts are usually occupied by acts that 11 y.o. kids like... but if an act can get the grown-ups behind them... and Prince, MJ, Madonna etc etc etc did, then they those little kiddies can go suck on their youtube converter all they want.

Adele is the last act - I believe - who showed us what can happen when you break free of the teenage market and see for yourself... 21 and 25 (albeit not the greatest music ever) sold circles around everyone combined.
                  My Chart

Comment

• The only song from the whole Britpop era that might have been a hit if released today is...
                    [youtube:14cmk8ny]WDswiT87oo8[/youtube:14cmk8ny]

Comment

A Meghan Trainor is only another reincarnation of Meredith Brooks..
                      Sounds offensive towards Meredith.
                      true... i did not want to write Natalie Imbruglia cause I love her.

Meghan is the Marky Mark of her generation, let's put it that way.

BTW B!tch by Meredith is such a party anthem.
                      My Chart

Comment

The only song from the whole Britpop era that might have been a hit if released today is...
                        [youtube:2ikm12il]WDswiT87oo8[/youtube:2ikm12il]
                        I think wonderwall works in all generations as well. Oasis have so many absolute CLASSICS. There are rumours of a reformation... if true... I will throw my coins at them sooooooooooooooooooo fast.

I really really really want The Verve to return / reunite et al as well. Their last album was a+mazing imo. I see houses is still my anthem.
                        My Chart

Comment

Oasis reunion may not work at all today, because Liam completely lost his voice.

Comment

• 6ix9ne (tekashi) may try different hairstyles, but his ones will still pale in comparison to Kirsty Hawkshaw
                            [youtube:326n8gro]TjIPzyVlK60[/youtube:326n8gro]

Comment

You little what's her name pop tart of the moment, Dual Liposection is to the Beatles what trash is to diamonds.
                              Dual Liposuction being the diamonds while the 60's fads are trash, yes.
                              BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
                              98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat
                                If you really think about it the Beatles were a pop boyband marketed as a rock band so that str8 men would stan them without feeling attacked on their frail masculinity while at the same time women of all ages would go crazy for them just like they do for any pop boyband.

As a Rock fan I would agree on labelling The Beatles Pop or Pop/Rock . . . . they do have some less known songs or album tracks that are more rock but overall they were Pop/rock to me.

I don't agree with the "Boyband" term tho . . . because unlike boybands, all of the Beatles members played their instruments, John was the lead vocalist, Paul was the bass guitarrist, George was the lead guitarrist and Ringo played drums . . . . they were an actual music band who got together to create their music and each member had a musical function in the band.

Boybands are just 5 losers who can't do anything as a genuine band, they don't play instruments, they are just put together by some marketing freak and forced to sing songs they hate, and members only sing they don't have like a real function role in the "band" rather than singing which is quite stupid and unnecessary.
                                Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                                Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix
                                  Originally posted by aRat

As a Rock fan I would agree on labelling The Beatles Pop or Pop/Rock . . . . they do have some less known songs or album tracks that are more rock but overall they were Pop/rock to me.

I don't agree with the "Boyband" term tho . . . because unlike boybands, all of the Beatles members played their instruments, John was the lead vocalist, Paul was the bass guitarrist, George was the lead guitarrist and Ringo played drums . . . . they were an actual music band who got together to create their music and each member had a musical function in the band.

Boybands are just 5 losers who can't do anything as a genuine band, they don't play instruments, they are just put together by some marketing freak and forced to sing songs they hate, and members only sing they don't have like a real function role in the "band" rather than singing which is quite stupid and unnecessary.
                                  yeah, but even in the 1990s Take That were labelled a boyband when:

.- Gary Barlow served as main songwriter / composer / plays the piano
                                  .- Jason: played the lead guitar
                                  .- Howard: played drums
                                  .- Mark: played guitar / also 2nd songwriter

the only useless one was Robbie, but he was the good looking one and learned to play guitar after he left the group and has become the primary songwriter of his solo material.
                                  My Chart

Comment

Truly legendary and visionary acts work in every era. Madonna could release her debut album today and it would be a streaming MONSTER.
                                    Madonna's debut album sounds dates as hell, though. If she was debuting today, she would probably have a Migos feature and a Calvin Harris-featured lead single.

Some artists are lucky that they debuted when they did.
                                    Floped and localed

Comment

I was a bit surprised to finally realise this, but some of Lana Del Rey songs sound like they were inspired by Enya.

Comment

I was a bit surprised to finally realise this, but some of Lana Del Rey songs sound like they were inspired by Enya.
                                        It isn't a bad thing tho . . Enya is good.
                                        Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                                        Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

yeah, but even in the 1990s Take That were labelled a boyband when:

.- Gary Barlow served as main songwriter / composer / plays the piano
                                          .- Jason: played the lead guitar
                                          .- Howard: played drums
                                          .- Mark: played guitar / also 2nd songwriter

the only useless one was Robbie, but he was the good looking one and learned to play guitar after he left the group and has become the primary songwriter of his solo material.
                                          where??? Daddy Gary always was the hottest and best looking out of them. Ratbbie was always a smelly rat.
                                          BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
                                          98 - OUT

Comment

Gary is indeed the best looking one. Robbie is so creepy.
                                            Floped and localed

Comment

• During the 90s, I think Markie was the cute one. Now the best looking one is probably Jason.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gravity
                                                Gary is indeed the best looking one. Robbie is so creepy.
                                                I agree... But in the early TT years he truly wasn't. I hated that hair do.

Gary became super hot in 1995-1996 and then again post 2005. RW in the Could it be Magic video was everything.

Make Me Pure Robbie is my fave look of his. (2004-2005)

between 1999-2010 he was the most beautiful human male who has ever live for me. Today he still gets my pants flying, don't get me wrong. He is my husband afterall.
                                                My Chart

Comment

lemme rank TT members by looks:

1. Robbie Williams
                                                  2. Gary Barlow
                                                  3. Howard Donald
                                                  4. Jason Orange
                                                  5. Mark Owen

I've never found Mark cute or attractive.
                                                  My Chart

Comment

• the best era in music history:

Progress (2010) sold 518,601 copies in the UK in the first week.
                                                    My Chart

Comment

Working...
                                                    X