X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wave
    replied
    Originally posted by spiritboy
    Adele proved herself to be a legend last night. Whoever says the opposite are simply pressed haters. The woman has both commercial and critical acclaim and 15 Grammy Awards to her name.
    Pressed hater in between yours and my post. Can't deal with it, and when he tries he calls the artist names. That's not just with Adele, with Drake, Rihanna, even the Frozen Soundtrack.

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    Adele is as big as Beyoncé, simple as that. You guys call her legend, same applies for Adele as well.

Leave a comment:

• Hugo
    replied
    It's truly astonishing how someone so joyous can make such insipid music.

She's no legend, next thing and you'll be calling Swift a legend too. lol

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    Adele proved herself to be a legend last night. Whoever says the opposite are simply pressed haters. The woman has both commercial and critical acclaim and 15 Grammy Awards to her name.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by NothingFails
    Annoyed that Bowie was active for 52 years (first single in 1964 until he died last year) and yet only won one Grammy in those years, and for a longform music video in 1985 and not even his music... then he dies and gets three Grammys in one year? The Grammys should've acknowledged him in the 70s instead of waiting until he can't even enjoy his awards.
    He won 4 last night.

------

Anyway Adele was the big winner, took album of the year again and now has 15 Grammys (half of them on major categories).

This woman is going to surpass everyone eventually. With just 3 albums she's sold 60million albums, and won 15 Grammys .... Imagine when she releases 10 albums

Leave a comment:

• Gravity
    replied
    Originally posted by spiritboy
    Why do i fail to see Britney's talent, if she has one? She's a nice girl but she's the most overrated artist of the younger generation.
    Same. Well, she's a good dancer, but that's it.

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    Why do i fail to see Britney's talent, if she has one? She's a nice girl but she's the most overrated artist of the younger generation.

Leave a comment:

• NothingFails
    replied
    Annoyed that Bowie was active for 52 years (first single in 1964 until he died last year) and yet only won one Grammy in those years, and for a longform music video in 1985 and not even his music... then he dies and gets three Grammys in one year? The Grammys should've acknowledged him in the 70s instead of waiting until he can't even enjoy his awards.

Leave a comment:

• Phoenixx
    replied
    Originally posted by KokoCollino
    Originally posted by SummerPeur
    Sorry if this has been discussed but I can't find any receipts.

For Spotify, is it that every 10 plays = 1 track sold? and this is a calculation that exists for every country?

Also, if you have a song on repeat: ie (yesterday, i left my comp and forgot Katy was on repeat and it played about 50times in a row). Does spotify track this? or does it have to be a 'new' play everytime?)
    In Germany, it's 100:1 for single certs, and probably around 0.01€ for the single charts (only premium streams count for both though).

The German charts company only allows a max. number of streams per track per customer per day.
    These senseless rules

Leave a comment:

• LOVE+FEAR
    replied
    Originally posted by SummerPeur

For Spotify, is it that every 10 plays = 1 track sold? and this is a calculation that exists for every country?

Also, if you have a song on repeat: ie (yesterday, i left my comp and forgot Katy was on repeat and it played about 50times in a row). Does spotify track this? or does it have to be a 'new' play everytime?)
    In Germany, it's 100:1 for single certs, and probably around 0.01€ for the single charts (only premium streams count for both though).

The German charts company only allows a max. number of streams per track per customer per day.

Leave a comment:

• Gravity
    replied
    HAWT! He looks good. The comment section though
    "This reeks of Maroon 5 doucherie"

Leave a comment:

• Tansike
    replied
    The promo pic for Mike Posner's new book ... NSFW !!

Leave a comment:

• Tansike
    replied
    ^ can't really reply to the other things you asked but the ratio is different in every country. In the UK it's currently 150 plays = 1 track sold, though they changed it a few weeks ago and it was 100 plays = 1 track sold previously

Leave a comment:

• Bellus
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Nippian93
    replied
    Originally posted by MrLeonix
    Market changes guys, you could be #1 or inside the Top 3 on itunes and that won't take you to the Top 10 of the Hot 100. Only veterans, legacy acts, etc rely on just itunes these days. Streaming and Airplay support is an important factor of charts these days. Katy is slaying streaming and airplay.
    I agree, she is slaying everywhere but iTunes, I am pretty sure it will peak quite high on Hot 100.

Leave a comment:

• Serby
    replied
    Originally posted by Hugo
    Originally posted by Serby
    It's cute, but naw.
    Find those hot XXX thoughts in your mind all of the time, Serby.
    I am not sure I understand what are you trying to say.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Market changed guys, you could be #1 or inside the Top 3 on itunes and that won't take you to the Top 10 of the Hot 100. Only veterans, legacy acts, etc rely on just itunes these days. Streaming and Airplay support is an important factor on charts these days. Katy is slaying streaming and airplay.

Leave a comment:

• Phoenixx
    replied
    Originally posted by Era
    @ Era - her target group moved to Spotify! In contrast to Lady Gaga's.
    Well I'm sure if Gaga had a Spotify deal her streams wouldn't be far behind. But I really hope that's what happened
    ERA! Didn't see you in ages

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    for the h100... itunes has become irrelevant. u must sell 300-400k digital singles to become slightly independent from streaming these days, but nobody is selling that anymore and songs which would reach such heights are also streaming magnets.

from 2001-2003 the average #1 singles sold 3k in the US.

the current digital market of 2017 is still 300x bigger than 2001-2003.

Leave a comment:

• LOVE+FEAR
    replied
    Originally posted by Era
    Well I'm sure if Gaga had a Spotify deal her streams wouldn't be far behind. But I really hope that's what happened
    Well she had pretty good coverage for PI. Not a strong partnership as strong as Katy, but definitely way bigger than the usual support for new singles. Her sound just didn't work. (By the way, I love PI.)

PS the guy in your avi is hot af

Leave a comment:

• Era
    replied

Leave a comment:

• LOVE+FEAR
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Phoenixx
    replied
    Why nobody give a F*** for Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike. So great Electro-music acts!

Leave a comment:

• Era
    replied
    It's crazy to see that Katy seems to be the only one of the late 2000s pure pop girls that survives the change to the streaming era. (Rihanna has the urban advantage, Beyoncé is with Tidal, Adele is Adele.)

Who would've thought in 2010 that Gaga would agree to an irrelevant iTunes exclusive video while Katy is slaying with a massive Spotify partnership?

Taylor should put their music on Spotify, too. I'm sure Taylor will do so in order to create a hit. Her catalogue comeback will be a huge promotional story.

So great to see Katy succeeding!
    Yeah you might want to let this week pass before you say that

She does have a partnership with Spotify and had like 3M first day streams and US radio is supporting her but the song peaked at #3 on US iTunes (a first for a Katy lead/major single as she was a HUGE digital seller of the late 2000s/early 2010s with many singles exceeding 5M pure slaes) and is falling since and only sold 15k first day according to kworb. And is predicted to sell lesser than what Perfect Illusion sold in it's first week so yeah...

I really hope she smashes though. The song is good!

Leave a comment:

• Hugo
    replied
    The second best. Mind you I haven't played some albums I'm sure I'll love (the xx ), because my streaming service is so LATE.

[youtube:1p08qds8]rUplxePolH4[/youtube:1p08qds8]

Get into this bop.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X