• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jio
    replied
    Originally posted by spiritboy
    Originally posted by jio
    Just watched MJ's Super Bowl Halftime Show and it made me teary eyed. Those who didn't grow up in the 80's and 90's can't understand the impact of Michael jackson, he was simply the greatest. Nobody from newer generation comes close to him.
    It was a great super bowl performance no doubt, but it had its faults. Starting from a very long and uninteresting ballad section (We Are The World and Heal The World back to back really?) to the fact that he wasted almost a third of the time just standing there while people were clapping. Other than that, yes during the performances of "Billie Jean" and "Black Or White" he was fantastic. But thanks to those weaknesses I'd still consider Prince the best super bowl ever and Diana Ross's SB much better than Michael's.

That said the '90s performances in the superbowl were miles better than the overproduced performances of today (Madonna's included).
    While i respect your opinion, i don't think i can watch through 12-13 minutes of Prince or Diana performing.
    Thats ok mate

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    Originally posted by jio
    Just watched MJ's Super Bowl Halftime Show and it made me teary eyed. Those who didn't grow up in the 80's and 90's can't understand the impact of Michael jackson, he was simply the greatest. Nobody from newer generation comes close to him.
    It was a great super bowl performance no doubt, but it had its faults. Starting from a very long and uninteresting ballad section (We Are The World and Heal The World back to back really?) to the fact that he wasted almost a third of the time just standing there while people were clapping. Other than that, yes during the performances of "Billie Jean" and "Black Or White" he was fantastic. But thanks to those weaknesses I'd still consider Prince the best super bowl ever and Diana Ross's SB much better than Michael's.

That said the '90s performances in the superbowl were miles better than the overproduced performances of today (Madonna's included).
    While i respect your opinion, i don't think i can watch through 12-13 minutes of Prince or Diana performing.

Leave a comment:

• jio
    replied

Leave a comment:

• hun
    replied
    Wasn't Gaga supposed to perform Thriller?

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Not only nobody from newer generations comes close. No other solo from his own generation comes close to him either.

People need to understand that he is the original and ultimate Pop star.

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Serby
    replied
    Ugh, I like to use umlauts way too much. but it's grundbirne and actually where Serbian word for it, krompir, comes from

https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/Grundbirne

Suck it bizhes. Btw no one uses it here nor I ever heard it, just in one part of Austria I think, but I know it exists.

Leave a comment:

• Phoenixx
    replied
    Originally posted by Rihab
    Originally posted by Phoenixx
    Originally posted by Serby
    Erdapfel you mean. Or Gründbirne?
    It's called and written Grumbira
    is that swiss german or sth?
    Nope. It's the dialect version of a 'Kartoffel' in North Bavaria. But even more in Baden Württemberg and Rheinland Pfalz

Leave a comment:

• Rihab
    replied
    is that swiss german or sth?

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    Viola Davis is a phenomenal actress and i'm sure she'll get that Oscar come 26th.

Leave a comment:

• MusicRecords
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Phoenixx
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    At least Janet scored a #1 album, Madonna couldn't do it.
    "Rebel heart" debuted at #2 but Madonna still had her #1 and more in this decade, "MDNA" debuted at #1, went Gold and had a Top 10 single on the Hot 100.

Leave a comment:

• Serby
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Phoenixx
    replied
    It's a fact that MrDiva is the only one person here on ukmix who know the secret about my username

Leave a comment:

• Phoenixx
    replied
    Originally posted by MrDiva
    Originally posted by MrDiva
    'Ferris Wheel' means literally just 'Huge Wheel' in Germany
    We're pretty straight forward
    Typical for us germans
    Also our language sounds so harsh and rough

Onion (klingt weich, irgendwie einladend und lecker) - Zwiebel (klingt fies und eklig)

Potato (sounds like delicious food) - Kartoffel (sounds like some poisoned dog thing)

But my fave of all times...
    Butterfly - Schmetterling (that literally sounds like a harsh insult)
    I guess Onion sounds for english speaking people the same like it sounds here in german

agree with the Kartoffel

But the best example is "Sauerkraut" - it sounds so disgusting and awful. There ain't even an english word for it because it's just so f**king bad

Leave a comment:

• Serby
    replied
    They were born that way (hey)

Leave a comment:

• theArmy
    replied
    omg y'all they are all flops nowadays, let's just chill and root for Gagz PAWS UP

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    We shouldn't leave Celine out, the woman sold almost 1 million copies of her French album. Very impressive.
    I don't see the need to include Céline with those three tbh.

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    We shouldn't leave Celine out, the woman sold almost 1 million copies of her French album. Very impressive.

Leave a comment:

• hun
    replied
    Originally posted by MusicRecords
    Originally posted by biscuits
    Anybody whoever says Maddy, Janet and Mariah have no career are ignorant and immature.

The three of them never have to release anything ever again and they're still 3 of the most legendary artists of all time. That will never change.
    You forgot Cher and Britney hun
    I am not going to list several female artists. I referred to Maddy, Janet and Mariah as they were the 3 in discussion

Leave a comment:

• MusicRecords
    replied
    Anybody whoever says Maddy, Janet and Mariah have no career are ignorant and immature.

The three of them never have to release anything ever again and they're still 3 of the most legendary artists of all time. That will never change.
    You forgot Cher and Britney hun

Leave a comment:

• hun
    replied

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    Reaching #15 is a big deal for any veteran artist these days

Leave a comment:

• MusicRecords
    replied
    Originally posted by MusicRecords
    At least Janet scored a #1 album, Madonna couldn't do it.
    Please don't.
    Don't let the hardcore Madonna fans see this
    That's a fact though

Unbreakable showed people that Janet can still have a career and it would've sold better if she promoted it.
    Yes, just like Beautiful proved Mariah can still get a moderate hit

Leave a comment:

Working...
X