X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cheapthrills
    replied
    Ugh, the way Tom Huddleston blathered on and on at the globes I can see why Taylor Swift left him.

Leave a comment:

• Serby
    replied
    Parks and Rec >>>>>>>

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    I never liked Friends or any other sitcoms. Maybe Golden Girls. I don't like comedy tv. I love my dramas though.

Leave a comment:

• biscuits
    replied
    Originally posted by Guru
    Originally posted by biscuits
    Originally posted by Guru
    I swear some users know this website as "MariahMix" cause that's the only thread they reply in
    So? That's their business
    If only they realized the wonders of other threads on the same website they post in
    It's like visiting Tesco's everyday only for bread and milk
    What's bothered me is that lambs discussing the fav members countdown in Mariah's thread instead of the actual thread with the rest of us. That includes you too Nippian. Talk about ostracising yourselves from the forum. The Maddy fans too.

It should be the one thing which brings forum members together

Leave a comment:

• biscuits
    replied
    This is like the highest number of people I've seen who haven't watched Friends!

Leave a comment:

• setg1
    replied
    I haven't seen a single episode of Friends, either. I really hate laugh tracks and can't watch anything that has them. Hearing that mechanical "Ha ha ha" every five seconds is like nails on chalkboard to me, I can't even have any such shows playing in the background. The worst is that the audience laughs at everything that isn't even funny (such as a joke that hasn't even had its punchline yet). Maybe if I could watch the shows on mute with subtitles in English (as a lot of jokes in comedy shows don't translate well), I could enjoy them to some extent. I have to admit Friends has a nice theme song, though.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    "Friends" was part of 90s pop culture and early 00s as well. It was one of those shows that maintained the ratings and popularity towards the very end, the final episode was an event and the show was so huge that at some point each cast memeber was earning $1million per episode.

All characters were special IMO, I feel like Monica was great but seemed to be the most outshadowed by every other cast member on Awards shows tho. And Jennifer Aniston whose character was definately not as fun as Lisa's or Courtney's for some reason related so much with the American audience that she was basically the one that ultimately developed the best career afterwards, in fact she may be the only cast member who is still in the A-list circuit these days.

Leave a comment:

• Serby
    replied
    Originally posted by Erotica
    I never watched Friends
    Maybe episode or two, just randomly and didn't think it was funny.

Leave a comment:

• NothingFails
    replied
    In fairness, Friends showed a gay wedding on there in 1996 (even though Roseanne actually beat them to the punch when Leon and Scott got married in 1995) which was actually very daring and gutsy for a highly rated sitcom to do especially at a time where even Ellen was still having boyfriends on her sitcom because she wasn't yet able to convince ABC to allow her character to come out.

Leave a comment:

• biscuits
    replied
    Originally posted by Biebz
    Originally posted by NothingFails
    As much as errbody loves 'Friends', that show had loads of homophobic jokes and undertones
    I don't think Chandler's dad as a transgender woman would be played for as much of laughs as it was at the time. Especially not with the social justice warrior crowd.
    The one which stands out for me is when Ross, Monica and chandler are all revealing secrets and Chandler making out with a guy is deemed far worse than Ross crapping his pants or having sex with a middle aged woman or Monica being unable to tell the time!
    That's because he is a straight male, don't read into it so much
    I find it offensive though. How all the characters act like ghey is the most embarrassing thing imaginable

Leave a comment:

• Erotica
    replied
    I didn't count Golden Girls because even though it ran until 1992, I consider it 80s

Now while on that
    1. The Golden Girls
    2. The Facts Of Life
    3. Family Ties
    4. 227
    5. Gimme A Break
    I know, I just meant in general

Leave a comment:

• NothingFails
    replied
    I didn't count Golden Girls because even though it ran until 1992, I consider it 80s

Now while on that
    1. The Golden Girls
    2. The Facts Of Life
    3. Family Ties
    4. Mama's Family
    5. 227

Leave a comment:

• Biebz
    replied
    As much as errbody loves 'Friends', that show had loads of homophobic jokes and undertones
    I don't think Chandler's dad as a transgender woman would be played for as much of laughs as it was at the time. Especially not with the social justice warrior crowd.
    The one which stands out for me is when Ross, Monica and chandler are all revealing secrets and Chandler making out with a guy is deemed far worse than Ross crapping his pants or having sex with a middle aged woman or Monica being unable to tell the time!
    That's because he is a straight male, don't read into it so much

Leave a comment:

• Erotica
    replied
    I am not a big fan of sitcoms, I usually hate them

But Golden Girls is the best sitcom ever and one of the best series ever, it's perfect

Leave a comment:

• Nippian93
    replied
    Originally posted by Erotica
    I never watched Friends

Leave a comment:

• NothingFails
    replied
    For me, this is how I'd rank my fave sitcoms that aired/peaked in the 90s

1. Roseanne
    2. Seinfeld
    3. Absolutely Fabulous
    4. Ellen
    5. Friends

Ellen's old sitcom was so underrated... its almost a shame people now only remember it for her coming out near the end of the run because it was one of the funniest shows ever and if anything, the quality went down after she came out because it quit being an ensemble show and more about Ellen's dating life (and sadly the episodes were getting better right as ABC cancelled it in 1998). Although I will forever love her for sacrificing the show to be herself.

Leave a comment:

• jio
    replied
    Well everything has to be seen within its context. For that time, the gay thing was probably worse than the other acts in America, it's still worse over here... it's a bit like watching everybody smoking in 60s/70s films... why offended? that's how those times were, we shouldn't be rewriting history based on today's morals, that's so narrowminded IMO

Leave a comment:

• NothingFails
    replied
    Friends IMO was a poor mans' Seinfeld with soap elements added in because people expect that crap on their shows (same thing ruined Big Bang Theory). It had a good few seasons but stayed on the air too long.

Leave a comment:

• biscuits
    replied

Leave a comment:

• NothingFails
    replied
    Originally posted by jio
    that's because they lack humor...
    I don't completely disagree. I grew to hate trans activists after the way they handled Joan Rivers' death. Joan was the greatest insult comic of all, gays loved her, straights loved her... but because she dared use the word "tranny", many trans activists hated her and cheered her death on because they can't handle insult humor.

Leave a comment:

• jio
    replied
    that's because they lack humor...

Leave a comment:

• Gravity
    replied
    I've never cared for Friends, that show is so boring.

Leave a comment:

• NothingFails
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Erotica
    replied
    I never watched Friends

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    I teach 10 year olds and some of them use the word "homo" as a swear word.
    Every year I have to explain how offended this is and they shouldn't say it.
    :-?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X