X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MusicRecords
    replied
    Originally posted by spiritboy
    A bomb exploded in my hometown Two terrorists shot down and one managed to escape. One police and one civilian died. :(

**** terrorism
    Wow I'm so sad to hear you're experiencing that, be safe!

Leave a comment:

• MusicRecords
    replied
    Originally posted by LongingHeart
    Originally posted by biscuits
    Janet and Mariah fans love her.
    Source?
    In general people like Celine and that includes some lambs, the world doesn't revolve around you

Leave a comment:

• biscuits
    replied
    A bomb exploded in my hometown Two terrorists shot down and one managed to escape. One police and one civilian died. :(

**** terrorism
    Stay safe!

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied

**** terrorism

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Well in my personal case, I think Celine's long career is indeed admiring, but I've never cared about her, anything that she's done has ever draw my interest, nothing that I've seen from her on TV shows has ever caught my attention, she definately has a great voice but she's never wowed me (in fact, I think she's more of a turn-off for me, she seems quite cheesy to me and does weird gestures on stage), Her music bores me (I really like her "A new day has come" single tho). I think I could never be a fan of her. So I don't know why Spiritboy said everyone and every fanbase loved her.

I think she's an amazing person tho, she seems very humble and relatable, and down to earth. But that doesn't mean I will buy her music or anything.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    Originally posted by LongingHeart
    but I get what you're saying.

But since "everybody loves her" that's already one argument for me to not like someone lol Celine really is a lovely person. But personality wise and especially musically not my thing at all.
    If you don't have haters = boring (and quite shallow)
    I don't think "everybody loves her" - I just think people respect her for the fact that she doesn't have scandal and just gets on with her life, even when that life is completely shite towards her, as it was in 2016. She's a consummate professional in all that she does and is very clearly a great person - and I think people identify with that, she is as you see her. Some probably don't like that and I sometimes wish she was more aware of who she was. Especially when she does shows like Jimmy Fallon. But she is who she is.

I think Mariah fans like her, and I hope Janet fans respect her - if you don't, then it's no bother.

Leave a comment:

• LongingHeart
    replied
    but I get what you're saying.

But since "everybody loves her" that's already one argument for me to not like someone lol Celine really is a lovely person. But personality wise and especially musically not my thing at all.
    If you don't have haters = boring (and quite shallow)

Leave a comment:

• LongingHeart
    replied
    Janet and Mariah fans love her.
    Source?

Leave a comment:

• biscuits
    replied
    Janet fans love her.
    Source?

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    Celine is also a very likeable woman and appeals to fanbases of almost every diva out there. Madonna fans love her, Mariah fans love her, Janet fans love her. That's probably one of the reasons she is really successful.

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    Some guy who I know (although not well) just blocked me on Instagram because he uploaded a video of 'kiss it better' (caption: Rihanna just dropped my fav song from the album) and I told him it came out months ago. Guess he couldn't deal with the humiliation so he deleted my comment and blocked me
    What a stupid reason to block someone. As if you insulted him.

Leave a comment:

• trebor
    replied
    Austin Carlile Exits Of Mice and Men as Battle with Life-Threatening Illness Intensifies:
    ‘I Cannot Continue On’

2017 doesn't look brighter than 2016.
    (Glad to have seen him live and in good shape)

[youtube:29gu7j0k]y_I86j0P_yc[/youtube:29gu7j0k]

Leave a comment:

• Nippian93
    replied
    Originally posted by TIfan
    Better Dancer:

Ciara vs Shakira??????????
    Ciara.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne
    Kind of agree; I think both Mariah and Whitney have bigger pop culture presences than Celine in some English markets, mainly for bad things though. I think it stems from how low-key Celine has been in the 00s - whenever she does pop up, it's always an event [ala the UK in 2013].

But then you look at sales and it just doesn't add up like that as she's selling more albums now than any female act that emerged during the 80s or 90s - for e.g. if you combine what Madonna and Mariah sold with their last studio album in the UK and multiply it by a factor of 3 - you're still short of what Céline sold with her last album. You can then apply that same logic to France, Belgium, Switzerland, Canada and probably the Netherlands [though to a lesser extent]. Where Madonna makes up ground and can fall back on is markets like Italy, Germany, Spain - Madonna is just huge in these markets. And neither Madonna or Céline need the US to sell a million albums [well maybe Madonna does - we'll see with her next album]. Céline has just gone multiplatinum in Canada, Diamond in France, platinum in Belgium & Switzerland [probably due multiplatinum in the former] - basically, a million copies of her French album sold.

Whereas Mariah doesn't have anything like that level of appeal, outside of Christmas. And poor Whitney just never really fully made a comeback before her tragic death.

I think music has been very kind to Celine in terms of how she's viewed - she's a legend, she's an icon and she's one of the greatest of all-time.
    Thats why I say she's a special or peculiar case, she always sells these huge records but she's like virtually non-existent out there (outside the people that like her). Everyone knows "My heart will go on" of course and I did know more than that about her, but its like if you don't read it you would never imagined she's had that much commercial success. If you go to street and you say she's had more success than Mariah or Beyonce many would be shocked.

There are cases like tho, for example Enya is quite like that as well, the woman's sales are on par with Britney Spears', yet most people don't even know who she is.

Of course Celine is miles bigger and known that Enya, but she's like that kind of woman with huge success that nobody see, especially after 1999.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    Someone you never really hear about anymore but who is a phenomenal vocalist - Michael Bolton. Just listen to this...

[youtube:3e0xc2il]kylr8RrLMmk[/youtube:3e0xc2il]

2:35-ish - Nessun Dorma.

Leave a comment:

• MusicRecords
    replied
    Originally posted by MrDiva
    Paris Hiltons music career is shocking to me
    The quality of her first album plus the single High Off any Love is shocking to me. And the success of Stars Are Blind and to a lesser extent the album shock me too.

I can't help but adding her songs to my playlists every now and then
    ikr? I always thought it was so random how she went into music then never back

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    Originally posted by MrLeonix
    Celine is like this massive successful act that is basically non-existent to anyone that is not her fan. Its like she's part of another world where most people don't have a freaking idea that she is so huge and successful. The average person would never guess she's sold more records than Mariah or Whitney and that she's #2 only behind Madonna. However the other girls have a bigger part on the Pop culture yet people know them more than Celine.
    Kind of agree; I think both Mariah and Whitney have bigger pop culture presences than Celine in some English markets, mainly for bad things though. I think it stems from how low-key Celine has been in the 00s - whenever she does pop up, it's always an event [ala the UK in 2013].

But then you look at sales and it just doesn't add up like that as she's selling more albums now than any female act that emerged during the 80s or 90s - for e.g. if you combine what Madonna and Mariah sold with their last studio album in the UK and multiply it by a factor of 3 - you're still short of what Céline sold with her last album. You can then apply that same logic to France, Belgium, Switzerland, Canada and probably the Netherlands [though to a lesser extent]. Where Madonna makes up ground and can fall back on is markets like Italy, Germany, Spain - Madonna is just huge in these markets. And neither Madonna or Céline need the US to sell a million albums [well maybe Madonna does - we'll see with her next album]. Céline has just gone multiplatinum in Canada, Diamond in France, platinum in Belgium & Switzerland [probably due multiplatinum in the former] - basically, a million copies of her French album sold.

Whereas Mariah doesn't have anything like that level of appeal, outside of Christmas. And poor Whitney just never really fully made a comeback before her tragic death.

I think music has been very kind to Celine in terms of how she's viewed - she's a legend, she's an icon and she's one of the greatest of all-time.

Leave a comment:

• MrDiva
    replied
    Paris Hiltons music career is shocking to me
    The quality of her first album plus the single High Off any Love is shocking to me. And the success of Stars Are Blind and to a lesser extent the album shock me too.

I can't help but adding her songs to my playlists every now and then

Leave a comment:

• biscuits
    replied
    Celine remains classy and out of the tabloids.

Leave a comment:

• MusicRecords
    replied
    Originally posted by MrLeonix
    Celine is like this massive successful act that is basically non-existent to anyone that is not her fan. Its like she's part of another world where most people don't have a freaking idea that she is so huge and successful. The average person would never guess she's sold more records than Mariah or Whitney and that she's #2 only behind Madonna. However the other girls have a bigger part on the Pop culture yet people know them more than Celine.
    +1 if anything people just remember her for My Heart Will Go On

But in a way it must be nice to have this much success yet be able to keep a more calm lifestyle unlike other huge acts like the ones you mentioned that people follow up way more constantly and are like on their faces all the time

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Celine is like this massive successful act that is basically non-existent to anyone that is not her fan. Its like she's part of another world where most people don't have a freaking idea that she is so huge and successful. The average person would never guess she's sold more records than Mariah or Whitney and that she's #2 only behind Madonna. However the other girls have a bigger part on the Pop culture so people know them more than Celine.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    Celine has SWAG...

[youtube:32kjphop]U-v5xVW96mg[/youtube:32kjphop]

On a serious note, this is probably why she is still so popular - she just doesn't give an F about anything.

Leave a comment:

• Bellus
    replied
    Originally posted by Gravity
    Originally posted by TIfan
    Better Dancer:

Ciara vs Shakira??????????
    I love them both for different reasons, but I prefer Shakira's. Her moves are so sexy!
    I think both are great dancers, but 100% agree very different styles.

I realised the other day that Kylie can actually keep a beat dancing. Like obviously she is no dancer (same as Mariah) , but I was watching some of her live performances where there is a bit of dancing, and she keeps her own pretty well .

Leave a comment:

• Noahh
    replied
    Originally posted by Noahh
    Some guy who I know (although not well) just blocked me on Instagram because he uploaded a video of 'kiss it better' (caption: Rihanna just dropped my fav song from the album) and I told him it came out months ago. Guess he couldn't deal with the humiliation so he deleted my comment and blocked me
    How sad to block someone over something so trivial.
    I even used emojis to make it seem not serious and funny. And this guy claims to be a HUUUUGE fan so I must've seriously humiliated him
    #flopfan

But yeah some people's social media behavior is just beyond sad.

Leave a comment:

• biscuits
    replied
    Originally posted by Noahh
    How sad to block someone over something so trivial.
    I even used emojis to make it seem not serious and funny. And this guy claims to be a HUUUUGE fan so I must've seriously humiliated him

Leave a comment:

Working...
X