X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by heppolo View Post
    Was it "Never Forget You"?
    YES! That was it - I think they were big when I was at university, they were played loads in the gay clubs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post
      YES! That was it - I think they were big when I was at university, they were played loads in the gay clubs.
      They were quite a weird band, for almost a year they were kinda big. Noisettes managed to plug at least 5 of their singles in either ads, soundtracks or videogames.
      Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

^Donuts at the river.
        Noisettes deserved at least one week at number one in the UK though, I was super gutted
        Same hunty. It also was played on german TV all the time even though it didn't even chart on the singles chart
        COMMON LOVE ISN'T FOR US...

Comment

• I used to be so freaked out by this music video when I was a child, when they played it on MTV.

Comment

But is it as bad as some Eurodance acts of the early 90s that included rap in their songs (2 Unlimited, Snap!)?
            Gangsta rap was a direct result of that.

At least those songs were catchy, and didn’t incorporate a culture that has oppressed black people (and other people of color for that matter!) for hundreds of years!
            Originally posted by beredy
            When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

I used to be so freaked out by this music video when I was a child, when they played it on MTV.
              It gave me the willies as a teen, can't imagine seeing it as a child. That the little girl kind of resembles Beth Gibbons is a very David Lynchian touch
              The sands of time fade into dark
              Feel your pulse it's groove o'clock
              A message to madness
              Feel music that's realness

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post
                A bottom being the one who is on top the longest. Phew we gheys our minds.
                Not really a surprise, by his own admission he loves to ride.

Comment

• Originally posted by NormiMalone View Post
                  It gave me the willies as a teen, can't imagine seeing it as a child. That the little girl kind of resembles Beth Gibbons is a very David Lynchian touch
                  MTV usually put it quite late in the evening, it looked eerie on the old TV set.

Comment

• OMG The Noisettes One of my favorite all time acts; wish they were still together. Never Forget You is so classic. Also love this one:

Comment

• ^I also loved "Don't Give Up", it was pretty raw & punk-ish, Shingai was breaking indie/alternative music stereotypes.

Comment

MTV usually put it quite late in the evening, it looked eerie on the old TV set.
                        Well damn, that's a whole 'nother layer creepy.
                        The sands of time fade into dark
                        Feel your pulse it's groove o'clock
                        A message to madness
                        Feel music that's realness

Comment

• Why am I addicted to 90 Day Fiance??

This show is addicting.
                          Diva!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by WEBofDESIRE View Post
                            Not really a surprise, by his own admission he loves to ride.
                            LOL I know you hate me but this made me scream !

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                              LOL I know you hate me but this made me scream !
                              I don't hate anyone here, it's just a forum about music and entertainment. This should be just for laughs for everyone.
                              Happy to have given you a chuckle, that was the intention. #NoH8 #YouDoYou

Comment

• Anyway

Comment

• Originally posted by WEBofDESIRE View Post
                                  I don't hate anyone here, it's just a forum about music and entertainment. This should be just for laughs for everyone.
                                  Happy to have given you a chuckle, that was the intention. #NoH8 #YouDoYou
                                  I would like to wish all the best to the lambs and Stream The Distance ( the best track on Caution)

Comment

• The whole Epstein case is so sleazy & suspicious.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post

At least those songs were catchy, and didn’t incorporate a culture that has oppressed black people (and other people of color for that matter!) for hundreds of years!
                                      But Boo..
                                      country music has a long history of Black roots that are often overlooked. For that reason, we must take a look back at the ancestry behind not only the origins of the instruments, but also of the people who played them.

The banjo, similar to the Banjar played in Africa and was the foundation of early country music, was invented by enslaved Southern Blacks in the 1690s. The fiddle was an instrument also played by our enslaved ancestors after their white oppressors introduced it to them. Banjos were played on fields and plantations as “work music” and were often accompanied by field shouts and hollers, which over time transformed into Blues, R&B, and country music.
                                      And isn't it the point anyway? That today a young black gay man can just sing a country song and wave his middle finger to all those racist conservatives? And as a bonus is more successful with that than tgey ever were?What do you think about King's Daddy Lessons? Her performance at the CMA of it was also exactly to remind ignorant people of country music's black roots. I know you don't like him and that's your choice but isn't that the wrong argument for it?
                                      Last edited by BeeBoy; Tue August 13, 2019, 08:05.
                                      aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• Sis, did you really think I wasn’t aware of that already? In addition to being a proud and necessitated Black historian for y’alls forum, I lend a hand in preserving and protecting Black cultural heritage in real life. Rock music was also invented by black musicians and we all know what happened there. #thankyouverymuch

And as for King, Daddy Lessons was completely different because the Dixie Chicks were always much more forward-thinking than the average country act and was never about that redneck lifestyle. They were even persecuted by their own community at one point for the stupidest of reasons. So I had no issues with it.
                                        Originally posted by beredy
                                        When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• Apart from the fact that Darius Rucker has recorded country music for more than a decade without anyone being bothered by the colour of his skin, I don't think that any recent musician got seriously dragged for the colour of his skin. It's basically down to the music and the thing is that most musicians of African American descent prefer urban music such as hip hop, R&B or soul. But why should the colour of your skin limit you in doing the music you like the most? I am a conservative and I don't mind a black person doing country music or a Hispanic person doing jazz or hip hop or whatever... Under one condition: The music is actually good.
                                          Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
                                          and everything you stand for?
                                          Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
                                          just to tell you that I see more?

Comment

Sis, did you really think I wasn’t aware of that already? In addition to being a proud and necessitated Black historian for y’alls forum, I lend a hand in preserving and protecting Black cultural heritage in real life. Rock music was also invented by black musicians and we all know what happened there. #thankyouverymuch

And as for King, Daddy Lessons was completely different because the Dixie Chicks were always much more forward-thinking than the average country act and was never about that redneck lifestyle. They were even persecuted by their own community at one point for the stupidest of reasons. So I had no issues with it.
                                            I didn't put that there because I thought you didn't know that. I put it there that there to show that it isn just "incorporating a culture that has oppressed black people". I just thinkt that it is wrong to criticize a song for its genre when it is the point that it shouldn't be dominated by a certain demographic only. If you only talk about the featuring of Billy Ray then I don't know, he doesn't strike me as backwards thinking as supportive as he is towards Nas but whatever, that's not the pint I was trying to make.

^ [MENTION=65457]theMathematician[/MENTION] :the condition doesn't make sense since music being "good" is subjective. Just because you don't like it they are not supposed to explore other genres? Who decides that?
                                            aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

Sis, did you really think I wasn’t aware of that already? In addition to being a proud and necessitated Black historian for y’alls forum, I lend a hand in preserving and protecting Black cultural heritage in real life. Rock music was also invented by black musicians and we all know what happened there. #thankyouverymuch
                                              The rock & metal music should have had much better representation. For example, Skunk Anasie deserved to be amongst the bigger grunge acts of the nineties, yet they didn't have that ultimate marketing push towards the stardom. And Skin as the frontwoman was the ultimate outsider in the outsider scene

Comment

• Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
                                                ^ [MENTION=65457]theMathematician[/MENTION] :the condition doesn't make sense since music being "good" is subjective. Just because you don't like it they are not supposed to explore other genres? Who decides that?
                                                Music is always subjective; that's clear. However, I feel like there are songs that, even if you don't like them, you can tell that they have a certain quality and that the musician really had a concept in mind that he wanted to realize. Those songs are the ones that stand the test of time. And then there are ones that are pure fast food and have no substance at all. I don't want to drop names, but especially in the hip hop genre, there are quite a few songs that are 'guilty pleasures' at best and not really Grammy material - to say it in a nice way.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                                    I don't want to drop names, but especially in the hip hop genre, there are quite a few songs that are 'guilty pleasures' at best and not really Grammy material - to say it in a nice way.
                                                    LOL what - why single out hip hop? I guess we're going to pretend we live in a world where bro-country wasn't a recent thing.

All genres have trash music.

Comment

I used to be so freaked out by this music video when I was a child, when they played it on MTV.
                                                      This girl looks like Slovenian singer from ESC 2019.
                                                      My celebrity crushes : Monika Sedziuviene, Kristina Ivanova (YVA).
                                                      In my head I like to imagine LastDreamer in the land of Lithuania right now with a suitcase of simcards, a box of chocolates and a wedding ring. It would be a great base for an epic Eurovision fan fiction.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rihab View Post
                                                        aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
                                                          Definitely. It's my personal taste that I consider lots of hip hop songs lowlights and could name just a handful of highlights. But I'd understand if people said the same about country or so ;) .

Comment

• Originally posted by LastDreamer View Post
                                                            This girl looks like Slovenian singer from ESC 2019.
                                                            she kinda does

Comment

• Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
                                                              except for chalga.

Comment

Working...
                                                              X