Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Random Thought Thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hugo
    replied
    The absolute horror...

    Baby Toads Born from Mom's Back Kids getting under your skin? It's no joke for a female Suriname sea toad she gives birth to her offspring right out of holes in her back.

    video: http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2016 ... 40272718=1

    Leave a comment:


  • ArmyOfMe
    replied
    Originally posted by Mainshow
    Originally posted by YASgawd
    Stevy, who's dat fella on your avatar?
    Marco Mengoni. The hottest and best thing Italy has to offer.
    Eye-candy deluxe and Eurovision hottie of 2013.
    After seeing him (in a Milanese gay bar ) I can tell you guys he's hot but not THAT hot. Too much of a twinkie for me.

    Leave a comment:


  • DOSSOME
    replied
    I just watched Bruno Mars' Treasure video for the first time ever...WTF?Is that Inspiration or Imitation???

    Leave a comment:


  • Mainshow
    replied
    Originally posted by YASgawd
    Stevy, who's dat fella on your avatar?
    Marco Mengoni. The hottest and best thing Italy has to offer.
    Eye-candy deluxe and Eurovision hottie of 2013.

    Leave a comment:


  • stevyy
    replied
    Originally posted by YASgawd
    Stevy, who's dat fella on your avatar?
    marco

    Leave a comment:


  • YASgawd
    replied
    Stevy, who's dat fella on your avatar?

    Leave a comment:


  • stevyy
    replied
    Originally posted by YASgawd
    Give this sis a permanent ban so he can sober up and come back tomorrow.
    i'd support the ban.

    Leave a comment:


  • YASgawd
    replied
    Give this sis a permanent ban so he can sober up and come back tomorrow.

    Leave a comment:


  • YASgawd
    replied
    Go get some sleep sis.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wayne
    replied
    Originally posted by spiritboy
    Didn't Teenage Dream open with 192k with a monster single? I think Gaga's doing fine considering how many years have passed since TD.
    It's done good numbers in the US in the first week.

    Leave a comment:


  • Nippian93
    replied
    Speaking about Joanne: the album better shows some longevity, the first one in US is definitely not bad, I do not know what people were expecting.

    Leave a comment:


  • Nippian93
    replied
    Originally posted by stevyy
    Originally posted by Nippian93
    Originally posted by stevyy
    which shows that talent is not what you need today. talent doesnt have mass appeal anymore.
    Came to say the same thing, but you were faster, so quoting for emphasis.
    even on the contrary, the worse you sing, the better for the music bc then labels can shove some 1chord anthem down your throat and all u need to do is act like a softcore porn star and lipsync to some autotune and melodyne.
    It is already happening, has been happening for years.

    Leave a comment:


  • stevyy
    replied
    Originally posted by DOSSOME
    Originally posted by TIfan
    Gaga numbers are great imo. I don't follow her so I don't know what she should have sold 160k is fine by me.
    The numbers are great but since it's Gaga,it's just not good enough for some people :(
    people are just jealous bc unlike XY Gaga does have actual talent and could go many different ways once the music industry has collapsed.

    Leave a comment:


  • DOSSOME
    replied
    Originally posted by TIfan
    Gaga numbers are great imo. I don't follow her so I don't know what she should have sold 160k is fine by me.
    The numbers are great but since it's Gaga,it's just not good enough for some people :(

    Leave a comment:


  • stevyy
    replied
    Originally posted by Nippian93
    Originally posted by stevyy
    which shows that talent is not what you need today. talent doesnt have mass appeal anymore.
    Came to say the same thing, but you were faster, so quoting for emphasis.
    even on the contrary, the worse you sing, the better for the music bc then labels can shove some 1chord anthem down your throat and all u need to do is act like a softcore porn star and lipsync to some autotune and melodyne.

    since the level of quality is consistently decreasing, i believe the post music industry era (in which we live right now) will come to completion when there are no singers anymore but only instrumental hits, much like the good old Mozart/Beethoven days. Then we've come full circle and can start all over again.

    Leave a comment:


  • DOSSOME
    replied
    Funny this "GaGa Is Over" fellowship that started in 2012 is still going on in 2016 when the lady is just about to score her 4th number 1 album (Her 3rd since 2012),she's won a Grammy,Golden Globe,an Oscar nomination,headlining 2017 Super bowl Halftime show but since her album sales don't match her Fame era sales then her career is over.. .I think that's a bit unfair

    Leave a comment:


  • Nippian93
    replied
    Originally posted by stevyy
    which shows that talent is not what you need today. talent doesnt have mass appeal anymore.
    Came to say the same thing, but you were faster, so quoting for emphasis.

    Leave a comment:


  • stevyy
    replied
    which shows that talent is not what you need today. talent doesnt have mass appeal anymore. the only talent (out of anything that's on the radio) is Adele.

    Leave a comment:


  • MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by NothingFails
    Originally posted by MrLeonix
    ^ Exactly, actually between Gaga and Katy, Katy was the one that people expected to not last at all or fall first while everyone guaranteed blockbuster success to Gaga for many years, and in fact the opposite happened and Katy's career has grown tremendously ever since.
    Funny how much those two mirror Madonna and Cyndi Lauper in the 80s. In 1984-1985, people saw Madonna as some pop fad who'd be old news by 1987 while Cyndi was predicted to be the female equivilent to MJ and nobody thought Madonna would outlast her. It is exactly the same as how people in 2009-2010 scoffed at Katy as this lightweight pop hack next to the genius of Gaga who was going to be the biggest star in the universe.
    The same thing exactly happened again in late 90s early 00s, when most people viewed Xtina as the new promising female act that would outlast every female then while Britney who lost the Grammy for Best new artist to Xtina was supposed to be a fluke that wouldn't last more than 2 albums and would share the same fate of the Spice Girls, Tiffanny and Debbie Gibson.

    In fact Cyndi herself said in her own book that she and Madonna in the 80s were like Britney and Xtina.

    It just seems that these type of stories repeat in every generation and the "superficial" act that everyone expects to fall ends outlasting the supposed talented and promising diva. It all happened again with Katy / Gaga.

    Leave a comment:


  • stevyy
    replied
    Originally posted by NothingFails
    Originally posted by MrLeonix
    ^ Exactly, actually between Gaga and Katy, Katy was the one that people expected to not last at all or fall first while everyone guaranteed blockbuster success to Gaga for many years, and in fact the opposite happened and Katy's career has grown tremendously ever since.
    Funny how much those two mirror Madonna and Cyndi Lauper in the 80s. In 1984-1985, people saw Madonna as some pop fad who'd be old news by 1987 while Cyndi was predicted to be the female equivilent to MJ and nobody thought Madonna would outlast her. It is exactly the same as how people in 2009-2010 scoffed at Katy as this lightweight pop hack next to the genius of Gaga who was going to be the biggest star in the universe.
    katy is still local. Marco Mengoni is the uber-legend from that timeline. he debuted in 2009 and has become a bigger michael jackson. so there goes your theory.

    Leave a comment:


  • HouseTargaryen
    replied
    Gaga numbers are great imo. I don't follow her so I don't know what she should have sold 160k is fine by me.

    Leave a comment:


  • NothingFails
    replied
    Originally posted by MrLeonix
    ^ Exactly, actually between Gaga and Katy, Katy was the one that people expected to not last at all or fall first while everyone guaranteed blockbuster success to Gaga for many years, and in fact the opposite happened and Katy's career has grown tremendously ever since.
    Funny how much those two mirror Madonna and Cyndi Lauper in the 80s. In 1984-1985, people saw Madonna as some pop fad who'd be old news by 1987 while Cyndi was predicted to be the female equivilent to MJ and nobody thought Madonna would outlast her. It is exactly the same as how people in 2009-2010 scoffed at Katy as this lightweight pop hack next to the genius of Gaga who was going to be the biggest star in the universe.

    Leave a comment:


  • MrLeonix
    replied
    ^ Exactly, actually between Gaga and Katy, Katy was the one that people expected to not last at all or fall first while everyone guaranteed blockbuster success to Gaga for many years, and in fact the opposite happened and Katy's career has grown tremendously ever since.

    Leave a comment:


  • NothingFails
    replied
    Originally posted by spiritboy
    Didn't Teenage Dream open with 192k with a monster single? I think Gaga's doing fine considering how many years have passed since TD.
    Well, when TD came out, Katy wasn't yet taken seriously. Back in 2009-2010 people saw her as a distant rate comparison to Gaga... she wasn't Christina to Britney, but more like Jessica Simpson to Britney. At the time, few took her seriously and expected her to be more than some chick with a couple catchy hits... that changed during the TD era, and TD has extensive legs and many smash hits, Gaga on the other hand has seen the top of the mountain and is still coming down, Katy was still rising when TD came out.

    Leave a comment:


  • MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by spiritboy
    Didn't Teenage Dream open with 192k with a monster single? I think Gaga's doing fine considering how many years have passed since TD.
    Remember Katy grows and finds longevity with each album. With Gaga is the opposite she falls with each album. It even reached a whole new level when Katy Perry's Prism tour outgrossed Artpop Tour when some years ago Katy wasn't even considered a touring act, remember that Katy is steady and a grower.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X