Leave a comment:

• Biebz
    replied
    https://twitter.com/girlposts/status/745028846722899968

WTF! I'm so confused right now

Leave a comment:

• Gravity
    replied
    I always skipped PE too. Much easier to do when you're a girl.

Leave a comment:

• Airwrecka
    replied
    Originally posted by spiritboy
    Originally posted by Airwrecka
    I hated PE so much at school.
    Me too.I always skipped classes
    How did you do that?

I just used to show absolutely zero interest and often they'd let me go and sit under a tree or something instead of actively participating. No one ever wanted me on their team as I couldn't even catch a ball, and my hand-eye coordination was atrocious. When it came to Cross Country running, I'd tell them my asthma was worse than it was, and they'd let me walk a short cut instead.

I used to swim regularly outside of school, so I don't think my fitness suffered from my lack of participation. I just found the whole thing incredibly tedious and genuinely felt my time would have been better spent in the library.

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    Me too.I always skipped classes

Leave a comment:

• NothingFails
    replied
    Originally posted by Biebz
    Originally posted by NothingFails
    i know rock isn't big with the youth today, but it does annoy me that when you consider 95% of rock artists are liberal and 5% are conservative... the US mainstream only ever embraces the bigoted right wingers in the genre ala Twenty One Pilots, Imagine Dragons, Daughtry, Nickelback, Kid Rock, the ones who hate gay people and cling to religion and "traditional values" like it's country.
    Imagine Dragons do not hate gay people :-?
    They are hardcore right wingers though and 9 out of 10 times that includes being homophobic. The lead singer has talked about his conservative values and upbringing in interviews and it does come off that he is behind the times with that.

Twenty one Pilots may have tried to "redeem" themselves for their tweet about Orlando, but most of us remember their silence when same sex marriage was legalized because "we're a Christian band and we don't agree with it". Which is funny because probably 90-95% of the genre leans to the left yet the only ones that get any mainstream attention in the states are the conservative acts.

Leave a comment:

• Airwrecka
    replied
    Haha I never knew it was such a big deal until now tbh.

I think it helps that Spanish is pronounced pretty much how it's written, whereas English has a whole mind of its own. If I was reading Colombia in Spanish, I'd naturally pronounce it differently tbh.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Because you speak Spanish.

In English, Colombia / Columbia comes from Christopher Columbus. In Spanish it's Cristˇbal Colˇn. It's not hard to see how the two names have diverged from their etymology, hence the Colombia / Columbia issue.
    Yeah I know, for my whole life I've seen how people from English-speaking places screw the Colombia name, even on TV and everything. I quite feel bad for Colombians, no one seems to get their country name right, and I know that upsets them

Leave a comment:

• Airwrecka
    replied
    Originally posted by MrLeonix
    Colombia is even pronounced like it has a u in it with some accents.
    Nope, it isn't. Well at least not here in Latin America.
    Because you speak Spanish.

In English, Colombia / Columbia comes from Christopher Columbus. In Spanish it's Cristˇbal Colˇn. It's not hard to see how the two names have diverged from their etymology, hence the Colombia / Columbia issue.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Colombia is even pronounced like it has a u in it with some accents.
    Nope, it isn't. Well at least not here in Latin America.

Leave a comment:

• Airwrecka
    replied

I remember standing on a muddy field in the depths of winter freezing my knackers off "playing" Rugby, and thinking how unfair it was that the girls got to do Dance and Ballet indoors. :evil:

Looking back though, it was so sexist. Boys: football, rugby, cricket, rounders, hockey, tennis vs. Girls: dance, netball, volleyball, and all the easy stuff. The girls actually started a petition to be allowed to play rugby (no idea what they'd been smoking...) but were told they couldn't as it was "too dangerous". I'd have happily swapped.

Leave a comment:

• Biebz
    replied
    Baseball is so much fun guys Did you never play it at school? Its one of the only sports I enjoy playing
    Is it similar to Rounders?
    Pretty much, Rounders is just like a very basic version

It must be easier because the boys got to play baseball whereas the girls always had to play rounders

Leave a comment:

• Airwrecka
    replied
    Baseball is so much fun guys Did you never play it at school? Its one of the only sports I enjoy playing
    Is it similar to Rounders?

Leave a comment:

• TIfan
    replied
    So happy King James took it home. I want to fly to Cleveland to celebrate

Leave a comment:

• Biebz
    replied
    Originally posted by NothingFails
    i know rock isn't big with the youth today, but it does annoy me that when you consider 95% of rock artists are liberal and 5% are conservative... the US mainstream only ever embraces the bigoted right wingers in the genre ala Twenty One Pilots, Imagine Dragons, Daughtry, Nickelback, Kid Rock, the ones who hate gay people and cling to religion and "traditional values" like it's country.
    Imagine Dragons do not hate gay people :-?

Leave a comment:

• Biebz
    replied

Leave a comment:

• flopho
    replied
    Originally posted by Serby
    Baseball and Rugby are probably the most complicated sports ever.
    i dont even have the least idea wth is going on in these sports. they really are non-existing in most of the Europe. Baseball doesn't sound look like fun watching it, there's not much going on and not at the fast pace, right? Nothing beats the football, though. THE most boring sport ever, like djfnlmkkbnjmbjhlbn÷oljbhvlu,cfvnckl what the fck was wrong with people to ever start following that shit? :-? :-?
    agree, like there are so many breaks and you don't even get what's going on, only thing interesting about is the half-time show in the finals

Leave a comment:

• biscuits
    replied
    Originally posted by biscuits
    I don't think it's fair to pick up on someone's spelling if English isn't their first language
    It's about Colombia having variations in name across the languages. Liek in German, it's also KolUmbija in Serbian. Our Spanish proffesor had a hard time making us get used to O in Colombia.
    No I was responding to a post which has now been deleted

Leave a comment:

• Airwrecka
    replied
    I don't think it's fair to pick up on someone's spelling if English isn't their first language
    It's about Colombia having variations in name across the languages. Liek in German, it's also KolUmbija in Serbian. Our Spanish proffesor had a hard time making us get used to O in Colombia.
    Don't tell me... Professor has two fs and one s in Serbian too, right?

Leave a comment:

• NothingFails
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Biebz
    replied
    Baseball confusing??

Cricket is the confusing one like wtf is that

Leave a comment:

• Serby
    replied
    i dont even have the least idea wth is going on in these sports. they really are non-existing in most of the Europe. Baseball doesn't sound look like fun watching it, there's not much going on and not at the fast pace, right? Nothing beats the football, though. THE most boring sport ever, like djfnlmkkbnjmbjhlbn÷oljbhvlu,cfvnckl what the fck was wrong with people to ever start following that shit? :-? :-?

Leave a comment:

• Serby
    replied

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X