Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Random Thought Thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • flopho
    replied
    hope you can take the heat like LeBron, aaah

    Leave a comment:


  • Wardo
    replied
    Originally posted by TIfan
    Cleveland wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mutha******* King James Baby!!!!!!!!!!
    Still recovering from the game. You've got to be as tough as nails to beat a team with a 73-9 record in the regular season after being down 3x1 in the series. :-?

    This moment below, plus Irving's final 3-pointer sum up the Cavs magic last night.
    [youtube:32pj8q8l]kIZqOTIbWDg[/youtube:32pj8q8l]

    Leave a comment:


  • biscuits
    replied
    It used to be spelt as 'Columbia' in the UK, definitely during the 1998 World Cup

    Leave a comment:


  • Airwrecka
    replied
    It's not that strange for people to misspell it. There's plenty of places called Columbia in America, not to mention the record label.

    Colombia is even pronounced like it has a u in it with some accents.

    Leave a comment:


  • stevyy
    replied
    Originally posted by MrLeonix
    Originally posted by TIfan
    anyone who grew up in Columbia during those times....
    Its Colombia.

    I don't know why so many foreign people can't get the name of that country right. :-?
    It's also Kolumbien in German.

    Leave a comment:


  • Serby
    replied
    Just had my first Dutch waffles with caramel. Lord Jesus, what is that sugary goodness? It gives me diabetis, but it's soooo good (could live without the cinnamon taste, though)

    Leave a comment:


  • NothingFails
    replied
    Different from cd but I hate the vinyl packaging for MDNA and Rebel Heart. Both albums retailed around $35 yet nothing inside the sleeves, just generic white paper sleeves... no artwork, no lyrics, etc.... For $35 at least you'd expect liner sleeves or something.

    [youtube:3d2r8dxl]QQpGjrOvT3g[/youtube:3d2r8dxl]

    Leave a comment:


  • abi
    replied
    Originally posted by Era
    Originally posted by theArmy
    when u've got vocals, u don't need booklets xo
    nor sales lately xo
    Mess.

    The worst CD booklet I've ever bought is definitely Kelly Rowland's Simply Deep. Matthew probably designed that with PowerPoint under 30 minutes.

    I think Bey's last two albums had great booklets, I just wish there were more photos if they really wanted to make it seem like a photobook though.

    Leave a comment:


  • TIfan
    replied
    ^^^

    Sorry to the Colombians. I always get it mixed up with Columbia (the record label)

    Leave a comment:


  • biscuits
    replied
    I don't think it's fair to pick up on someone's spelling if English isn't their first language

    Leave a comment:


  • MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by TIfan
    anyone who grew up in Columbia during those times....
    Its Colombia.

    I don't know why so many foreign people can't get the name of that country right. :-?

    Leave a comment:


  • TIfan
    replied
    I am so obsessed with documentaries on drug lord. Pablo Escobar and Griselda Blanco makes me feel sad for anyone who grew up in Columbia during those times. Those people were straight ruthless.

    Griselda was one crazy ass b***h. Come on, she named her dog Hitler...

    Leave a comment:


  • Westen
    replied
    Finally package/booklet talk that i love

    Originally posted by Biebz
    I wish every artist put effort into the album packaging. Those album booklets that fold out into one large poster make me want to throw up
    Oh god I know, i hate them too, i love those basic booklets with pages

    Originally posted by Era
    Rihanna had great packaging for the deluxe editions of TTT & Anti also btw
    I think Rihanna's booklets are tragic, they are always over the top with billions of pictures, i think they are not well thought.

    Originally posted by Erotica
    Originally posted by Carbon
    Originally posted by spiritboy
    Madonna albums are very weak in terms of booklet design.
    I remember being so disappointed with the American Life booklet when I got it back in elementary school. it didn't even have lyrics
    I like the ones from COADF and MDNA though somehow
    But Hard Candy and Celebration are in between

    Originally posted by spiritboy
    Madonna albums are very weak in terms of booklet design.
    Well for 80s standards her albums had great booklets/designs. Whitney's first album didn't even have booklet

    Everything from TIC was great excluding AL, HC and Celebration

    Originally posted by Carbon
    I remember being so disappointed with the American Life booklet when I got it back in elementary school. it didn't even have lyrics
    AL booklet is the main reason i still don't wanna buy album :(

    Originally posted by Gravity
    I hate booklets without lyrics :evil:
    Mariah lost me with MIAM...TEC booklet
    I'm mad about Madonna ditching lyrics too, but booklets for Music and COADF were amazing but i still wish they had lyrics Mariah at least dropped them in 2014, Madonna dropped them in 2000

    Leave a comment:


  • Gravity
    replied
    Originally posted by Serby
    At least you get a How to Photoshop 101 CD in Mariah's albums instead of the booklets

    They need to step their game up, though. Memoirs cover had one of the worst photoshopped covers ever. Her boobs...

    Leave a comment:


  • spiritboy
    replied
    Originally posted by Serby
    At least you get a How to Photoshop 101 CD in Mariah's albums instead of the booklets

    Leave a comment:


  • Serby
    replied
    At least you get a How to Photoshop 101 CD in Mariah's albums instead of the booklets

    Leave a comment:


  • JSparksFan
    replied
    Originally posted by TIfan
    Cleveland wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mutha******* King James Baby!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm not a huge basketball fan, but I'm happy with the results too.

    Leave a comment:


  • NothingFails
    replied
    Originally posted by TIfan
    OMG Anton Yelchin from Star Trek died. He was hit by his car. he was one of my favorites. RIP
    It's a real tragedy. The movie Alpha Dog to me is one of the most depressing films I've ever seen and Anton's character is precisely the reason why, He was so good in that movie and what happens to him in it was totally senseless (it was based on a true story though) and I think the movie will be even harder to sit through now knowing he had a tragic early death in real life.

    Leave a comment:


  • NothingFails
    replied
    Originally posted by MrLeonix
    Originally posted by NothingFails
    Donna IMO is ridiculously underrated. We saw it when she died... Michael, Whitney, Bowie, Prince and a few others who passed away in the last so many years got their due in death, front page news when they died, their catalog sales went back up the charts, renewed interest in their work, tribute books and magazines and everything fit for royality... and all of those cases were well-deserved too IMO, but Donna I felt didn't receive quite the treatment when she died that she deserved. It's a joke she wasn't at least on the cover of Rolling Stone afterwards (just this year alone Bowie, Merle Haggard, Prince and currently Muhammad Ali got RS covers in tribute to their deaths and Adam Yauch from Beastie Boys was on the cover shortly before Donna's death) when she arguably laid down so many of the blueprints for dance/pop divas to follow. That damn rumor even in death kept her from getting the tribute she deserved.
    Donna was inmediately inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame the following year after she died tho.
    True. It did blow that she missed it so many times in life (she made the short list 4 or 5 times but missed the final round) and only got in in death. But at least some recognition is better than nothing.

    Leave a comment:


  • TIfan
    replied
    OMG Anton Yelchin from Star Trek died. He was hit by his car. he was one of my favorites. RIP

    Leave a comment:


  • Goldmoney
    replied
    As much as I love Mariah (she's my numbuh 1), this is undoubtedly one of the bitchiest pop star interviews I've ever seen.
    [youtube:15blq5mx]zFW07Iy04zo[/youtube:15blq5mx]

    Leave a comment:


  • TIfan
    replied
    Cleveland wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mutha******* King James Baby!!!!!!!!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by NothingFails
    Donna IMO is ridiculously underrated. We saw it when she died... Michael, Whitney, Bowie, Prince and a few others who passed away in the last so many years got their due in death, front page news when they died, their catalog sales went back up the charts, renewed interest in their work, tribute books and magazines and everything fit for royality... and all of those cases were well-deserved too IMO, but Donna I felt didn't receive quite the treatment when she died that she deserved. It's a joke she wasn't at least on the cover of Rolling Stone afterwards (just this year alone Bowie, Merle Haggard, Prince and currently Muhammad Ali got RS covers in tribute to their deaths and Adam Yauch from Beastie Boys was on the cover shortly before Donna's death) when she arguably laid down so many of the blueprints for dance/pop divas to follow. That damn rumor even in death kept her from getting the tribute she deserved.
    Donna was inmediately inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame the following year after she died tho.

    Leave a comment:


  • TIfan
    replied
    Donna is incredible and that voice.... Lord!!!

    She has some iconic songs but my favorite is Last dance. The way that song started out (Diana Ross inspired btw) and the build up gives me energy, cells, molecules, atoms....

    Leave a comment:


  • NothingFails
    replied
    Originally posted by Gravity
    Donna Summer & Bruce Springsteen >>>>>>>> every other artist of that era (except Prince, but he is in his own special category)
    i bet you love "Protection" then


    Donna IMO is ridiculously underrated. We saw it when she died... Michael, Whitney, Bowie, Prince and a few others who passed away in the last so many years got their due in death, front page news when they died, their catalog sales went back up the charts, renewed interest in their work, tribute books and magazines and everything fit for royality... and all of those cases were well-deserved too IMO, but Donna I felt didn't receive quite the treatment when she died that she deserved. It's a joke she wasn't at least on the cover of Rolling Stone afterwards (just this year alone Bowie, Merle Haggard, Prince and currently Muhammad Ali got RS covers in tribute to their deaths and Adam Yauch from Beastie Boys was on the cover shortly before Donna's death) when she arguably laid down so many of the blueprints for dance/pop divas to follow. That damn rumor even in death kept her from getting the tribute she deserved.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X