• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Erotica
    replied
    Originally posted by Carbon
    Originally posted by spiritboy
    Madonna albums are very weak in terms of booklet design.
    I remember being so disappointed with the American Life booklet when I got it back in elementary school. it didn't even have lyrics
    I like the ones from COADF and MDNA though somehow

Leave a comment:

• theArmy
    replied
    Originally posted by Era
    Originally posted by theArmy
    when u've got vocals, u don't need booklets xo
    nor sales lately xo

Leave a comment:

• Era
    replied
    Originally posted by Biebz
    I wish every artist put effort into the album packaging. Those album booklets that fold out into one large poster make me want to throw up

Taylor's are always amazing atleast. Lana's are really nice too
    IKR! That's why I mostly watch unboxing videos before buying CDs

And I agree about Lana! Rihanna had great packaging for the deluxe editions of TTT & Anti also btw

Leave a comment:

• Biebz
    replied
    I wish every artist put effort into the album packaging. Those album booklets that fold out into one large poster make me want to throw up

Taylor's are always amazing atleast. Lana's are really nice too

Leave a comment:

• Gravity
    replied
    I hate booklets without lyrics :evil:
    Mariah lost me with MIAM...TEC booklet

Leave a comment:

• Carbon
    replied
    Originally posted by spiritboy
    I remember being so disappointed with the American Life booklet when I got it back in elementary school. it didn't even have lyrics

Leave a comment:

• Era
    replied
    Originally posted by theArmy
    nor sales lately xo

Leave a comment:

• Erotica
    replied
    great booklets

sadly many are so weak these days

Leave a comment:

• theArmy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Era
    replied
    Those albums (especially the first one) look amazing!

I agree with you about Coldplay and I'm glad Taylor always has great packaging for her albums too with slip cases, many photos and personal hidden messages for fans (RED & 1989 being the best). But yeah the others are kinda basic and should make packaging better to encourage people to buy the physicals.

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Gravity
    replied
    My Everything has one of the most disappointing booklets ever.
    Mariah also tends to be lazy with them. So many great photoshoots during Music Box and E=MC˛ eras, and then booklets include max. 2 photos.

Leave a comment:

• aang
    replied
    And the second one is from DEAN (the guy in my avi), a Korean Alternative-R&B singer with his debut EP 130 Mood: TRBL. His whole stage name & album is inspired by James Dean. And unlike the first one, he comes from a very small label which means the packaging is less fancy than the first yet still impressive.

This guy's music videos & singles/album artworks are always beautiful aesthetically and actually tell stories. The album I believe is a concept album inspired by a crime scene experience. When you listen to the tracks in sequence, it's actually related to each other and has stuff played in the background such as door knocking sounds, siren, telephone calls, etc. It's truly an experience. And the album packaging consists of polaroids representing each song and has the lyrics at the back.

P.S.: He's about to release his US English album later this year and he has previously collaborated with Eric Bellinger, Anderson .Paak, Mila J & Karina Pasian, and he also writes & produces each track of his album so y'all better get ready and stan for talent.

Meanwhile, our Western faves are so lazy with it. I once saw somebody posted Ariana's My Everything booklet on the internet and it was truly tragic. I was actually about to buy the physical album that day but quickly changed my mind after I saw it. And yes, I still do have respects for artists/labels who actually still put efforts in their albums packaging. That's actually the reason why I bought Coldplay's Ghost Stories, I fell in love with the illustration they used as the album cover and nope, I haven't heard the album even to this day.

The fact that they actually put efforts makes me think that it's actually worth it spending all my money on the album, not only for the songs but for the whole package. I wish more Western acts would do the same. I know it's pretty hard because the cost would be so much higher but they could make some limited editions or something, only for the fans who are willing to spend money.

Leave a comment:

• aang
    replied
    *prepares for a spam*

I wanna share something with you guys. Just when you thought K-Pop wins in terms of choreography & music video, they also win in terms of album packaging as well. I have only bought 2 K-Pop albums in my life and both of them are far superior compared to our Western favorites.

The first one is for Taeyang's RISE, the second album from a Korean R&B/Pop singer who's also a member of Korean Pop/Hip-Hop boy group BIGBANG. His name means 'sun' in Korean so he always has something related to it as his album concept. And this is what I got:

1. A packaging which uses similar printing techniques with Bey's Self-titled but this one however is a lot cleaner & tidier and has the perfect wide to put everything inside, unlike Bey's which seems very tight and it's hard put the CD case inside without wrecking the packaging.
    2. A 50-page photobook.
    3. A booklet with that 3d-ish artworks and contains all the lyrics & credits.
    4. A sheet of stickers.

And apparently, this album also won Reddot Design Awards for the best packaging or something. Whew I started getting into K-Pop since less than 2 years ago and I'm literally impressed by everything.

Leave a comment:

• Gravity
    replied
    Donna Summer & Bruce Springsteen >>>>>>>> every other artist of that era (except Prince, but he is in his own special category)

Leave a comment:

• hun
    replied
    I'm glad sense has been restored. I couldn't at people saying Donna is bigger than Diana.

Leave a comment:

• DOSSOME
    replied
    Donna was a phenomenal artist
    Diana was THE STAR!!!!

Leave a comment:

• ThaInfo1
    replied
    Originally posted by JSparksFan
    Not only do I think Diana was considerably a bigger act in music than Donna, I don't think Donna's music holds a candle to Diana's.
    !!!!!

Like, no shade but Donna was the Kelly Rowland of her time. People new her and like her, but didn't go up and stan for her.

Diana was that bitch!!!!

Leave a comment:

• NothingFails
    replied
    Diana was a great singles artist but outside of the 1980 "Diana" album (which again was all the brilliance of Nile Rodgers), none of her albums IMO are worth writing home about and most of it was padded down with filler. Donna made consistently great albums in her heyday. That is why I rate her higher. Without Donna, no Madonna or Janet IMO.

Leave a comment:

• theArmy
    replied
    Originally posted by Westen
    never heard of them before ukmix, and even now I'm not sure I know any of their songs. probably some from the radio but have no clue who sings them
    Trust me you know I'm coming out at least
    ofc he knows, everyone knows it these days

[youtube:ice4qfeg]37DKE5PDRm8[/youtube:ice4qfeg]

Leave a comment:

• Erotica
    replied
    I enjoy Donna's music more

Leave a comment:

• JSparksFan
    replied
    Not only do I think Diana was considerably a bigger act in music than Donna, I don't think Donna's music holds a candle to Diana's.

Leave a comment:

• MusicLover88
    replied
    Originally posted by Rihab
    Originally posted by NothingFails
    Diana was a bigger icon definitely but you have to be really biased to think she was more of a songwriter and artist than Donna was. Diana never wrote a song in her career, Diana was Rihanna, Donna was Beyonce.
    Donna bought writing credits?
    I like Beyonce but

Leave a comment:

• Westen
    replied
    never heard of them before ukmix, and even now I'm not sure I know any of their songs. probably some from the radio but have no clue who sings them
    Trust me you know I'm coming out at least

Leave a comment:

• NothingFails
    replied
    Originally posted by stevyy
    diana somehow mentored the jackson 5 and michael, so her impact in ultimately bigger.
    That was more or less Motown putting Diana in that place. Gladys Knight was actually the one who "discovered" the Jacksons but Diana made more money for Motown so they pushed Diana as the one who discovered them. Although Michael and Diana did eventually become really close friends and he wrote a few songs for her and everything. But the whole "Diana discovered The Jackson 5 at a club" story that Motown spread has long since been debunked and that it was actually Gladys who did that.

Donna's career was ruined because of a homophobic allegation that has long been proven false (she discovered Jesus in the early 80s and someone spread a rumor that she made comments in concert about AIDS being God's punishment for the homosexual lifestyle and the rumor spread like wildfire and Donna's career was destroyed even though she denied it time and time again). I think the rumor destroyed her standing with her "gays" who were technically the biggest fanbase she had. Even when she had her comeback in 1989, many gay bars refused to play her music because of that rumor. It wasn't until the late 90s when she was already in her 50s and well past "hitmaking" days where it seemed like the LGBT community in general came to exonerate Donna and she began having dance hits again.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X