• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by TIfan
    Random:

I don't want to upset any Beatle fans but how is it that all 4 members made it into the HOF as solo artist but they wont even nominate Diana Ross???? A woman that has had an influence on Michael Jackson, Madonna, Donna Summer, Beyoncé, Mariah, Janet, and countless others. She also has a great catalog (singles) and has had great chart success. What did she do to piss people off? No Grammy, no Oscar, and no R&R HOF solo honors.
    Well, maybe Diana is not really as "glorious" as you say? no shade or anything, she's always seemed quite overrated to me, and probably the R&R HOF and Grammys think the same.

Donna Summer >>>>>>>>>

Leave a comment:

• NothingFails
    replied
    Random:

I don't want to upset any Beatle fans but how is it that all 4 members made it into the HOF as solo artist but they wont even nominate Diana Ross???? A woman that has had an influence on Michael Jackson, Madonna, Donna Summer, Beyoncé, Mariah, Janet, and countless others. She also has a great catalog (singles) and has had great chart success. What did she do to piss people off? No Grammy, no Oscar, and no R&R HOF solo honors.
    Ringo IMO as a solo artist in the Hall of Fame was kind of a joke, but I do think Lennon, McCartney and Harrison certainly deserved their place for their post-Beatles material. Ringo I don't think really merits it though just on the basis of his solo work. He had a couple songs in the 70s that were nice but not to the extent he deserved induction before many artists who have been skipped over. Ringo solo belongs in as much as Mick Jagger solo or Pete Townshend solo or someone else who was in a legendary band and had one or two solo hits.

Diana's problem is that she didn't write her songs or have enough creative input... same reason (her isn't in (have to discretely alter the spellling of her name lol). The Supremes being in seems to suffice, just like how Tina Turner arguably deserves to be in the HOF as a solo artist but they see Ike And Tina to be good enough especially since Tina was an song interpreter as opposed to a songwriter/musician. The HOF people seem to focus more on musicians and songwriters as opposed to just celebrity and usually the "pop icons" who get inducted were ones who played a larger part in their musical creativity (MJ, Madonna, Prince, Donna Summer, ABBA, Bee Gees, Elton John, Billy Joel, etc.... all songwriters, some producers, etc....) vs. just someone who comes into the studio and lays down vocal tracks while others do the magic.

Leave a comment:

• ArmyOfMe
    replied
    I miss Amy Winehouse so much. Her musicality was so innate and unique, no other mainstream singer could compare.

Damn, it's been five years already.

Leave a comment:

• Theodorerichert
    replied
    Random:

Because most of the voters are 60+ years old white dudes. It's the same problem that the Grammy's and the Oscar's have. The voting population is a different demographic from most of the art they're supposed to be deciding on. So they appreciate certain artists a inordinate amount and Diana winds up with the short end of the stick.

Leave a comment:

• HouseTargaryen
    replied
    Random:

Leave a comment:

• Gravity
    replied
    Originally posted by Guru
    Why do people hurriedly start following accounts on Twitter for people that just died? Like they're going to tweet from the dead and they don't want to miss out :-?
    Omg

Leave a comment:

• Preyoncé
    replied
    Why do people hurriedly start following accounts on Twitter for people that just died? Like they're going to tweet from the dead and they don't want to miss out :-?

Leave a comment:

• HouseTargaryen
    replied
    Biscuits,

Many reasons i guess. Its so close to home and Orlando is like my second home. I got there twice a month and i have family and friends out there. Having friends crying to me about losing their friends brings on the empathy. Worrying for my own saftey has increased by a mile. There are many other reasons why I feel this way and I dont need you to tell me how I should feel.

I spend most of my time writing, studying, and working but niw that will probably increase due to my anxuety towards everything that is happening.

Calling me extra and saying Christina is just some talent show alumni would have are two opinions you should have kept to yourself.

I will say the no eating part comes from a change in my diet as well as the tragedies but I cant control waking up in the middle of the night.

Leave a comment:

• hun
    replied
    Originally posted by Serby
    Originally posted by biscuits
    Feeling so depressed right now with everything that's going on. Three tragedies in Orlando within one week. Christina being murdered, Pulse club shooting, and the child being dragged into the water and drowned by an aligator. Havent been eating properly or sleeping. I go to Orlando tomorrow to pay my respect and to visit my friend Ivan who called me crying.
    Ok, let me sound like a heartless bitch and ask why this is affecting you so much to the point that you cannot eat?

Yeah they're bad situations, but that's so extra if you didn't even know anybody personally.

I'm not putting my life on hold because some talent show alumni got shot.
    I also cannot relate that much to what he's saying (ofc I feel sad and mad for what happend), but...

aren't you the one who wanted a day off from work when Janet canceled her performance? p.s. still love you <3
    Totally different boo! The Janet thing affected me personally because after being a diehard fan for 20 years, I was finally gonna be FRONT ROW CENTRE at her concert...but then she cancelled! Plus, I was flying from Seoul to Brimingham for it!

But I don't think I wanted a day off...I just wanted my boss to understand

Leave a comment:

• Serby
    replied
    Feeling so depressed right now with everything that's going on. Three tragedies in Orlando within one week. Christina being murdered, Pulse club shooting, and the child being dragged into the water and drowned by an aligator. Havent been eating properly or sleeping. I go to Orlando tomorrow to pay my respect and to visit my friend Ivan who called me crying.
    Ok, let me sound like a heartless bitch and ask why this is affecting you so much to the point that you cannot eat?

Yeah they're bad situations, but that's so extra if you didn't even know anybody personally.

I also cannot relate that much to what he's saying (ofc I feel sad and mad for what happend), but...

aren't you the one who wanted a day off from work when Janet canceled her performance? p.s. still love you <3

Leave a comment:

• WhoseLineFan
    replied
    I've been trying to sign up for ATRL for a long time now and it always says this: We're sorry, you cannot join ATRL at this time. Please try again later. Registrations are closed at this time.

Leave a comment:

• hun
    replied

Leave a comment:

• HouseTargaryen
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Nippian93
    replied
    Originally posted by spiritboy
    Off to a 3 day Greek islands cruise today. A much needed vacation after a very bad year (2015). See y'all.
    Enjoy !

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    Off to a 3 day Greek islands cruise today. A much needed vacation after a very bad year (2015). See y'all.

Leave a comment:

• Erotica
    replied
    Cosplay is famous

Leave a comment:

• Wardo
    replied
    But you're not in North Korea, are you?

Leave a comment:

• hun
    replied
    Originally posted by DnBLover
    Cosplay?
    Dressing up as an anime character.
    :-? I don't get it. Never really got into anime. It doesn't exist in Korea, nothing does. Everything fun is from Japan, except k pops

Leave a comment:

• Westen
    replied
    Can someone tell me when cds started having clear case instead of that black case?

Leave a comment:

• Wardo
    replied
    Cosplay?
    Don't pretend you don't what that is. I know that's the reason you're in Asia.

Leave a comment:

• DnBLover
    replied
    Cosplay?
    Dressing up as an anime character.

Leave a comment:

• Gravity
    replied
    Originally posted by DnBLover
    Originally posted by Gravity
    People in Mariah Carey thread never learn
    What's exactly the problem in that thread?
    Everytime I try to see what's going on there all I see is these unknown people talking about divas and... I'm out as fast as I went there. So I don't really know what's the problem.
    It would nice to have a thread where you can discuss Mariah Carey without people calling you a hater or a troll every time you post something that's not 100% blind, delusional praise.
    Plus, all the talk about her vocals...like, I'm not even sure Mimi herself knows the reason for her vocal decline, let alone her delusional followers

Leave a comment:

• hun
    replied
    Cosplay?

Leave a comment:

• Wardo
    replied
    It's an interesting character, yes. Did you ever have a Him cosplay?

Leave a comment:

• hun
    replied
    Originally posted by Wardo
    Why Him? Blood tribute?
    Nobody remembers this, but I had a Him avatar before Blood was a thing.

One of my fave TV characters forever

Leave a comment:

Working...
X