X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TIfan
    replied
    Anyone lives in Europe? How are the dental hygiene jobs over there.

Leave a comment:

• Nippian93
    replied
    Originally posted by spiritboy
    Alfiebot and CelinetoBarbara are so enthusiastic stans
    Ist't it annoying ? I never discuss anything with this kind of people, because it is simply impossible.

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    Alfiebot and CelinetoBarbara are so enthusiastic stans

Leave a comment:

• Crackiswack
    replied
    Originally posted by CelinetoBarbra
    Originally posted by stevyy
    Are you kidding?
    the three greatest female vocalists of the past 30 years obviously are: Whitney, Mariah and Céline. #deal. They have blockbuster-best-selling-studio-albums: Falling Into You (31m), LTAL (31m), Whitney Houston (25m), Music Box (27m). And 3 of the most impacting songs in music history as well: MHWGO, IWALY and AIWFCIY. + name recognition, branding, global-impact and all.
    And there‘s Barbra
    Mariah:
    http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/evolutio ... es/462394/
    and she sing no more tears and the way we were, whose version is not wonderful as Barbra‘s

Whitney:
    http://articles.latimes.com/1992-11-22/ ... -houston/5
    Houston says dismissively, pointing to her early role models "Streisand, Ella Fitzgerald, Sarah Vaughan, Aretha" as "pure voices who needed no gimmick."

Celine:
    As we know

And the way we were is the only one single to score song of the year for Oscar, Grammy, Billboard in history. Evergreen is composed by Barbra own, and got everthing?awards, chart, impact...?as well. Woman in love is the biggest non-theme song by a female artist in the world, not effects from film/TV or holiday, it's shining by its own. For albums?As for last album, Barbra’s is outsold celine’s and Mariah‘s combined
    Yeah, but not in the past 30 years. In the past 50 years, YES. But 30? No, because that''s 1986- onwards.

Leave a comment:

• TIfan
    replied
    What happened to James Blunt? I remember how big Beautiful was.

Another random thought is, why are people so mean on the internet? It seems like everyone feels they are entitled to an opinion. Comments on MSN are demonic.

Leave a comment:

• CelinetoBarbra
    replied
    Are you kidding?
    the three greatest female vocalists of the past 30 years obviously are: Whitney, Mariah and Céline. #deal. They have blockbuster-best-selling-studio-albums: Falling Into You (31m), LTAL (31m), Whitney Houston (25m), Music Box (27m). And 3 of the most impacting songs in music history as well: MHWGO, IWALY and AIWFCIY. + name recognition, branding, global-impact and all.
    And there‘s Barbra
    Mariah:
    http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/evolutio ... es/462394/
    and she sing no more tears and the way we were, whose version is not wonderful as Barbra‘s

Whitney:
    http://articles.latimes.com/1992-11-22/ ... -houston/5
    Houston says dismissively, pointing to her early role models "Streisand, Ella Fitzgerald, Sarah Vaughan, Aretha" as "pure voices who needed no gimmick."

Celine:
    As we know

And the way we were is the only one single to score song of the year for Oscar, Grammy, Billboard in history. Evergreen is composed by Barbra own, and got everthing?awards, chart, impact...?as well. Woman in love is the biggest non-theme song by a female artist in the world, not effects from film/TV or holiday, it's shining by its own. For albums?As for last album, Barbra’s is outsold celine’s and Mariah‘s combined

Leave a comment:

• TIfan
    replied
    Since 2008, its been a tradition that I watch The Golden girls atleast two nights a week. I used to watch them when they were on lifetime. Now they are on Hallmark and I live for my 4 bitches.

Leave a comment:

• Hugo
    replied
    OMG 7 GOALS

Slay my country!!!!

Leave a comment:

• NothingFails
    replied
    Originally posted by NothingFails
    The problem with the anti-streaming stuff is that the industry is trying to veer people away from BUYING music and just streaming (see why the 160 GB ipod has been discontinued and now you have to get tiny ones that hold a fraction of that), but nobody really wins because if you're a fan of a lot of music you have to subscribe and pay for multiple services just to get the stuff you like.
    if i were the owner of a multi-billion record company... i would revive one of my old music clubs, turn it into a subsciption service, transform it into a digital music store, provide unlimited streaming in a basic package for $5 per month and a supreme package for $25 a month with the ability to not only stream all the music you like and that you can provide, but also instantly download all the songs that you want within that 1 month timeframe (including full albums and everything). Imagine how many billion people would subscribe to an online retailer who sells digital and physical copies and lets you download unlimited gigabytes for 25$ a month?!!!

I'm speaking of Sony's Columbia House, a music club which has long been discontinued. For 25$ a month even i would subscripe and download until my fingers bleed. The thing is, sony could afford it bc after a few months nobody would even download music worth $25 bc you already have downloaded tons and tons of music. In a decade, CH SME Streaming would break even and become the biggest music retailer in history.
    The prob even if we came up with one all-encompassing everything you ever wanted to stream service is that we always end up having some like Taylor Swift, Adele, Radiohead, Prince, Black Keys and others who decide to "go rogue" anyways, so it makes it to where streaming can never fully 100% replace owning, until we get every label and recording artist in the history of man to come to some sort of agreement with every single officially released recorded ever.... that will NEVER happen.

Prince's death is a perfect example, his stuff is exclusive on Tidal because of the deal he brokered with Jay-Z (much like Taylor's stuff is exclusive only on Apple Beats), and even then it was ONLY his Warner Bros. stuff and a few others, the majority of the last 20 years of his career was nowhere to be found even on that, nor itunes or anything... so if you can't continue to "own" stuff, how would you be able to hear those albums? Talk about the tree falling in a forest and nobody hearing it analogy...

Leave a comment:

• Nippian93
    replied
    Originally posted by MrLeonix
    the three greatest female vocalists of the past 30 years obviously are: Whitney, Mariah and Céline. #deal..
    I wouldn't use the term "They are", more accurate "The were". Whitney unfortunately damaged part of her voice through the years and during her final years she could never sound the way she used to. And Mariah can't sing anymore. She is not a great vocalist anymore.

Out of them, Celine is the only one that has maintained her voice, so she can still be considered a vocalist these days.
    Leave it, please .

Leave a comment:

• Nippian93
    replied
    No to streaming, yes to downloading . I am not going to help artists I don't like get so-called sales, especially when I only want to check a new album and I know even before I start listening to it that it is going to be my first and last listen.

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    the three greatest female vocalists of the past 30 years obviously are: Whitney, Mariah and Céline. #deal..
    I wouldn't use the term "They are", more accurate "The were". Whitney unfortunately damaged part of her voice through the years and during her final years she could never sound the way she used to. And Mariah can't sing anymore. She is not a great vocalist anymore.

Out of them, Celine is the only one that has maintained her voice, so she can still be considered a vocalist these days.

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    Originally posted by NothingFails
    The problem with the anti-streaming stuff is that the industry is trying to veer people away from BUYING music and just streaming (see why the 160 GB ipod has been discontinued and now you have to get tiny ones that hold a fraction of that), but nobody really wins because if you're a fan of a lot of music you have to subscribe and pay for multiple services just to get the stuff you like.
    if i were the owner of a multi-billion record company... i would revive one of my old music clubs, turn it into a subsciption service, transform it into a digital music store, provide unlimited streaming in a basic package for $5 per month and a supreme package for $25 a month with the ability to not only stream all the music you like and that you can provide, but also instantly download all the songs that you want within that 1 month timeframe (including full albums and everything). Imagine how many billion people would subscribe to an online retailer who sells digital and physical copies and lets you download unlimited gigabytes for 25$ a month?!!!

I'm speaking of Sony's Columbia House, a music club which has long been discontinued. For 25$ a month even i would subscripe and download until my fingers bleed. The thing is, sony could afford it bc after a few months nobody would even download music worth $25 bc you already have downloaded tons and tons of music. In a decade, CH SME Streaming would break even and become the biggest music retailer in history.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied

Leave a comment:

• NothingFails
    replied

Leave a comment:

• CrazyCrazy
    replied
    ?

What the hell?

Streaming is so wrong, especially how they've mangled album sales with how it is calculated...

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    Are you kidding?

Leave a comment:

• Nippian93
    replied
    Originally posted by TIfan
    I think I see why Taylor and Adele were against Spotify.
    And they can go Diamond and multi-platinum with actual real sales (others better take notes). They are probably against it because they clearly know that a pure / actual sale will always be more prestigeous and respected than a streaming equivalent thing. Also royalties through streaming are lower, not to mention they sell millions of copies with high merit, people actually go and buy her albums either digitally or physically so it must be insulting to them seeing other artists getting certified based on streaming numbers.
    I agree, why should they support streaming and get a pittance if they can sell albums, get more money thanks to pure sales and be more respected thanks to pure sales, it would be against the logic.

Leave a comment:

• flopho
    replied
    Originally posted by toni_pest
    Because streamers are tired of pinks stale crap. Ituners still live in the past so they obviously like dated songs. Jk. Kinda.
    why the jk tho, it's the truth (coming from someone who used to be a big fan of her) Just Like Fire is the pits and one of this year's worst/most disappointing tracks. Although at least it's not as awful as Today's the Day.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    I think I see why Taylor and Adele were against Spotify.
    And they can go Diamond and multi-platinum with actual real sales (others better take notes). They are probably against it because they clearly know that a pure / actual sale will always be more prestigeous and respected than a streaming equivalent thing. Also royalties through streaming are lower, not to mention they sell millions of copies with high merit, people actually go and buy their albums either digitally or physically so it must be insulting to them seeing other artists getting certified based on streaming numbers.

Leave a comment:

• Era
    replied
    What happened with digital sales? Did streaming take away from itunes? If so, then the music industry is dying off fast. I think I see why Taylor and Adele were against Spotify. If artist can go platinum with streams only, whats the point of having itunes?
    Yeah. We're almost half-way in 2016 and no song (released in 2016) has even passed the 2M sold mark in the US

Leave a comment:

• TIfan
    replied
    What happened with digital sales? Did streaming take away from itunes? If so, then the music industry is dying off fast. I think I see why Taylor and Adele were against Spotify. If artist can go platinum with streams only, whats the point of having itunes?

Leave a comment:

• Gravity
    replied
    Originally posted by Hugo
    Where'd you rank Kate Bush?
    I don't know a lot of her stuff, sorry! But from what I've heard, I'd say she is very talented.

Leave a comment:

• Hugo
    replied
    Originally posted by Gravity
    Caole King isn't that much of a vocalist, but she is one of the greatest songwriters ever. I'll put her in the same category with Stevie Wonder, Prince, Bruce Springsteen and Dolly Parton.
    Where'd you rank Kate Bush?

Leave a comment:

• Gravity
    replied
    Caole King isn't that much of a vocalist, but she is one of the greatest songwriters ever. I'll put her in the same category with Stevie Wonder, Prince, Bruce Springsteen and Dolly Parton.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X