• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CelinetoBarbra
    replied
    Originally posted by stevyy
    Originally posted by TIfan
    Random:

I don't care if this causes arguments but Barbra Streisand, Whitney Houston, and Ella Fitzgerald are the greatest female vocalist in pop/contemporary music history!!!!!
    luther vandross + stevie + marvin gaye >>>their female counterparts, except for Tina who is the greatest female human being who has ever lived.
    Are you kidding?
    Dolly Parton's famous quote: "There's really only three female singers in the world: (Barbra) Streisand, (Linda) Ronstadt and Connie Smith. The rest of us are only pretending.
    http://articles.latimes.com/1992-11-22/ ... -houston/5

It is a charge that Houston and those closest to her deny. "Oh, I'm a diva because I wear sequins?" Houston says dismissively, pointing to her early role models "Streisand, Ella Fitzgerald, Sarah Vaughan, Aretha" as "pure voices who needed no gimmick."

http://variety.com/2012/music/news/caro ... 118062874/
    In her biography, “A Natural Woman,”?Carole King admits she “wasn’t in the same league vocally as Aretha Franklin, Joni Mitchell or Barbra Streisand (whom I considered ‘real singers’),

Leave a comment:

• CelinetoBarbra
    replied
    Random:

I don't care if this causes arguments but Barbra Streisand, Whitney Houston, and Ella Fitzgerald are the greatest female vocalist in pop/contemporary music history!!!!!
    Barbra is the greatest female artist not onlt vocalist but one of

Leave a comment:

• toxicALIENS
    replied
    You're kidding right?

Leave a comment:

• Airwrecka
    replied
    What's so bad about it? :-?

Leave a comment:

• Biebz
    replied
    Theres not enough money in the world for someone to pay me to watch that again

Leave a comment:

• toxicALIENS
    replied
    [youtube:5pmki1tf]hBtOWai3zbg[/youtube:5pmki1tf]

This is genuinely one of the worst things I've EVER heard

Leave a comment:

• Gravity
    replied
    People who propose on other people's weddings are special kind of asshats.

Leave a comment:

• biscuits
    replied
    Random question, why do some people call Sisqo a one hit wonder (Thong Song)? He had two monsters.
    What people? I don't think anybody cares enough about Sisqo to even talk about him, let alone name him a one hit wonder

Leave a comment:

• Biebz
    replied
    The new Friday is here!

[youtube:9ury51ld]IvxRsDpXPGo[/youtube:9ury51ld]

Leave a comment:

• TIfan
    replied
    Random question, why do some people call Sisqo a one hit wonder (Thong Song)? He had two monsters.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    ^^^^ I think you should watch this video on Babs long and high notes.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPrr2VwNOuw
    Just speaking on technique, I think she is possibly the greatest. IMO I think Babs was hitting all kind of notes with so much ease and no force.

But I respect your opinion.
    I'm very well schooled on Babs - I think she has a wonderful voice. I just don't think she's a contender for "best ever" - at least not from a technical standpoint.

Leave a comment:

• toni_pest
    replied
    Originally posted by abi
    I seriously had no idea that iTunes & Spotify has such different demographics until I saw this:

P!nk - Just Like Fire
    #4 US iTunes
    #96 US Spotify

Like..... how come?
    Because streamers are tired of pinks stale crap. Ituners still live in the past so they obviously like dated songs. Jk. Kinda.
    But yeah, its weird to see cause i expect both rely on the same, young demo which is obviously not true.

Btw yall are so zzzzz coming to this thread to talk about female singers' voices like every other thread isnt full of the same things

Leave a comment:

• TIfan
    replied
    ^^^ I normally don't rate singers by their technique but Babs technique is too great to ignore. Her style of singing paved the way for so many. One great singer who has an outstandin tones but not much technique is Anita Baker. She is one of the greatest ever.

Leave a comment:

• abi
    replied
    I seriously had no idea that iTunes & Spotify has such different demographics until I saw this:

P!nk - Just Like Fire
    #4 US iTunes
    #96 US Spotify

Like..... how come?

Leave a comment:

• randomness
    replied
    Hayfevers gonna hayfeve

Leave a comment:

• ArmyOfMe
    replied
    Originally posted by CrazyCrazy
    People who only rate singers technically are so urgh, there is so much more to enjoy from someones voice.
    Tell me about it, it's so narrow-minded

Leave a comment:

• Preyoncé
    replied
    Originally posted by Colbie
    When you accidently hit "mark forums read" :x
    That happened to me once. I swore myself to sleep and then sucked my thumb till the next morning

Leave a comment:

• TIfan
    replied
    Edith is an outstanding singer. One of the best.

I chose them three based on all qualities. But no one has a tone like Gladys Knight. I think she beat Aretha in the soul department...

Leave a comment:

• CrazyCrazy
    replied
    People who only rate singers technically are so urgh, there is so much more to enjoy from someones voice.

Leave a comment:

• Gravity
    replied
    I'll take Edith Piaf over any other vocal divas. Except Mariah, of course.

Leave a comment:

• CrazyCrazy
    replied
    ^^^^ I think you should watch this video on Babs long and high notes.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPrr2VwNOuw
    Just speaking on technique, I think she is possibly the greatest. IMO I think Babs was hitting all kind of notes with so much ease and no force.

He's just pissed you didn't mention Celine.

Leave a comment:

• Carbon
    replied
    Originally posted by TheRealest
    I know you want me back...
    It's time to face the facts that I'm the one that away
    Lord knows that it would take
    Another place, another time
    Another world, another life
    Thank god I found the good in GOODBYE
    I USED TO WANT YOU SO BAAAD!!!
    I'm so threw with that...
    best song she ever had

Leave a comment:

• Colbie
    replied
    When you accidently hit "mark forums read" :x

Leave a comment:

• TheRealest
    replied
    I know you want me back...
    It's time to face the facts that I'm the one that away
    Lord knows that it would take
    Another place, another time
    Another world, another life
    Thank god I found the good in GOODBYE
    I USED TO WANT YOU SO BAAAD!!!
    I'm so threw with that...

Leave a comment:

• TIfan
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X