X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MusicRecords
    replied
    Originally posted by stevyy View Post
    I would only invest in physical things... like houses... real estate is THE thing of the future.
    That’s certainly also good to invest in

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Originally posted by stevyy View Post
    I would only invest in physical things... like houses... real estate is THE thing of the future.
    agree

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    I live on the countryside, so houses are affordable. Nevertheless, they still seem so pricy for a poor student . Later on, I definitely want mine for me and my family (this may seem self-explanatory for some of you, but Germany is the country with one of the highest rates in real estate renting in the world) - and either an additional house or appartment as additional source of income and private pension. My fellow worker has got 4 houses, including one in which she lives with her family. Don't know how she was able to afford that, but her kids will profit from that one day .

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Originally posted by Rihab View Post
    Already spent all the $ from your 9 No.1 hits?

Do it like your fave and invest in socks, not stocks!
    Gurl

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MusicRecords
    replied
    Originally posted by dylonj View Post
    What do you think of the automated apps for investing? Like Stash, acorn or robin hood?
    I am definitely NOT a fan of those apps, but I do think they can be beneficial for someone who doesn't know about investing, just to try things out a little and get a sense of what investing is (although you kinda have to put your own work to it, it would be nice if these apps came with some basic investing courses or something, but I believe they don't). But I think that if you want to invest even just a few thousand dollars in something, maybe go the route of mutual funds or something, but also take the time to learn things yourself, so that at some point you know how to invest yourself and don't need to use apps or some mutual fund where you'll have to pay fees that can eat up some of your $

Leave a comment:

• dylonj
    replied
    Originally posted by MusicRecords View Post
    I think everyone should be investing, especially if you’re young! Definitely go for it! If you need any advice let me know, I’m pretty experienced in this now
    What do you think of the automated apps for investing? Like Stash, acorn or robin hood?

Leave a comment:

• MusicRecords
    replied
    Originally posted by samra View Post
    I want to start a side hustle. Maybe like investing in stocks, or idk.... something to complement a corporate 9-5 job. Anyone got some advice/ideas?

If only stanning made money. I'd be rich if I had a $ for everytime I dragged for Rih back in the day.....
    I think everyone should be investing, especially if you’re young! Definitely go for it! If you need any advice let me know, I’m pretty experienced in this now

Leave a comment:

• Preyoncé
    replied
    Originally posted by Gravity View Post
    Hi guys. I'm just letting y'all know I alive.

Hopefully I'll be back soon!
    Woman!!! Where are you?

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied
    better to invest in some meaningless app for social networks (like the ones that make you look older/younger)

Leave a comment:

• Rihab
    replied
    Originally posted by samra View Post
    I want to start a side hustle. Maybe like investing in stocks, or idk.... something to complement a corporate 9-5 job. Anyone got some advice/ideas?

If only stanning made money. I'd be rich if I had a $ for everytime I dragged for Rih back in the day.....
    Already spent all the $ from your 9 No.1 hits?

Do it like your fave and invest in socks, not stocks!

Leave a comment:

• Colbie
    replied
    Originally posted by Hejira View Post
    The funny thing is these random rappers automatically think they're Kanye West when their videos on YT score above a million views, yet the music is absolute drivel. It seems to have completely taken over mainstream music for some reason.
    Sad, but true. They think they're all that when their music is drivel indeed

Leave a comment:

• Hejira
    replied
    Originally posted by Colbie View Post
    Nope
    The funny thing is these random rappers automatically think they're Kanye West when their videos on YT score above a million views, yet the music is absolute drivel. It seems to have completely taken over mainstream music for some reason.

Leave a comment:

• Colbie
    replied
    Not a Bizzey fan ey?
    Nope

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    What I find fascinating is that traditional "German" Volksmusik / Schlager was dominated by GREEK, Austrian, Dutch and Danish acts in Germany.

In a point in time (end of the 80s, early 90s) even German television was dominated by Dutch presenters and formats. If only the Netherlands would know how much Germany loves them.

All in all, Germany is better than its reputation. #Klan #Leoniden

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
    Not sure whether it's the real definition, but for me, Schlager always used to mean the more version of Volksmusik like Andreas Gabalier or Beatrice Egli, while traditional Volksmusik is like Amigos or Kastelruther Spatzen.
    To me Volksmusik which is used synonymous with Schlager sometimes, is Bavarian / regional music from the 1950s / 1940s... about the countryside, mountains and such.

Schlager to me is not really a genre bc it*s basically contemporary pop music these days (however, it must be in German).

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    Not sure whether it's the real definition, but for me, Schlager always used to mean the more version of Volksmusik like Andreas Gabalier or Beatrice Egli, while traditional Volksmusik is like Amigos or Kastelruther Spatzen.

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    Originally posted by heppolo View Post
    German and Dutch schlager become essentially the Swedish classical schlager formula these days.
    I love our Volksmusik from the 1970s with queen Katja Ebstein. She IS a legend.

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    Originally posted by LastDreamer View Post
    German and Dutch schlager is the second best current music thing after Lithuanian pure pop.
    Schlager in the sense of Volksmusik or current pop music in German?

Leave a comment:

• Hejira
    replied
    Originally posted by Colbie View Post
    Me neither Also Dutch mumble rap, never understood the appeal of that also
    Not a Bizzey fan ey?

Leave a comment:

• Colbie
    replied
    God No! It's literally the worst kind of music. Holland is full of people who love that utter garbage and I never understood.
    Me neither Also Dutch mumble rap, never understood the appeal of that also

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied
    Ladyhawke was such an underachiever, she had some slick indietronic bops

Leave a comment:

• Hejira
    replied
    German and Dutch schlager is the second best current music thing after Lithuanian pure pop.
    God No! It's literally the worst kind of music. Holland is full of people who love that utter garbage and I never understood.

Leave a comment:

• BeeBoy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied
    German and Dutch schlager become essentially the Swedish classical schlager formula these days.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X