X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AceReject
    replied
    I like Demi, both musically and from what I know of her personality. I wouldn't say she's an "amazing" singer though. She has a great range and power which allows her to do the fancy vocal runs and stuff, and this sets her apart from the likes of Selena. But, Demi is extremely shrill and strained in her upper register, and it can become very shrieky. Stone Cold for example can be impressive in terms of power and range, but it can also sound like nails down a blackboard. Selena, on the other hand, has hardly any range or power, but is much more smooth and easy on the ears.

Leave a comment:

• Gravity
    replied
    Originally posted by CrazyCrazy
    Amazing singer is stretching it for Demi.
    Stretching it is what makes her voice so awful. I wish she would stay inside her range & not oversing all the time!

Leave a comment:

• CrazyCrazy
    replied
    Amazing singer is stretching it for Demi.

Leave a comment:

• Carbon
    replied
    Oh and Anastacia is an amazing singer so *flips hair*.
    So is Demi

I will forever be grateful to her for Cool for the Summer. it's the most perfect pop song ever

and now i kinda like her personality too. she changed everything with the song. my life most of all

Leave a comment:

• AceReject
    replied
    Thought you were better than that Dan, disappointed.
    Awww, you know I love you, Bilbo.

Leave a comment:

• ArmyOfMe
    replied
    Leave Billy alone
    Selena and Demi are both lame af, even though they have their bops every once in a while (esp Selena)

Leave a comment:

• CrazyCrazy
    replied
    Thought you were better than that Dan, disappointed.

Leave a comment:

• AceReject
    replied
    Drag ha, Michiel!!

Leave a comment:

• CrazyCrazy
    replied
    No I don't though, I like loads of pop music thanks. Oh and Anastacia is an amazing singer so *flips hair*.

Leave a comment:

• Biebz
    replied
    Originally posted by toni_pest
    Originally posted by Michiel
    Don't understand how anyone can think much of Selena, Demi etc they are so lacking in every way.
    You say that about all pop music stars, apart from the unique and very deep Anastacia.

Leave a comment:

• toni_pest
    replied
    Don't understand how anyone can think much of Selena, Demi etc they are so lacking in every way.
    You say that about all pop music stars, apart from the unique and very deep Anastacia.

Leave a comment:

• theArmy
    replied
    Wow, a full page discussion about Demi vs. Selena

the only reasons why Selener did way better this time is cause she picked the perfect singles and went the basic but pretty/kind of sexy girl lane, while Demi sucked a-c with everything after the legendary CFTS which was released too late to reach its full potential. She has no clear image aswell.

Leave a comment:

• Michiel
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Era
    replied
    Originally posted by MrRager
    I really liked DEMI up until the DEMI Era.. Now When I hear her talking in interviews on TV etc I get annoyed.
    +1

Leave a comment:

• ArmyOfMe
    replied
    +1

Leave a comment:

• CrazyCrazy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MrRager
    replied
    I really liked DEMI up until the DEMI Era.. Now When I hear her talking in interviews on TV etc I get annoyed.

Leave a comment:

• hun
    replied
    Srsly, who cares?!

Leave a comment:

• Gravity
    replied
    Selena's music is better and she seems like a sweet girl, whereas Demi seems so fake and try-hard to me. So I'm #TeamSelena 100%.

Leave a comment:

• TheRealest
    replied
    Originally posted by Airwrecka
    Originally posted by TheRealest
    I can understand stanning and throwing shade at everyone who isn't your fave when you're a teenager... But as you become an adult, like many of you are grown ass men... It's lame as hell.
    You do this all the time though?
    I don't pay attention to artists I don't like... Nice to I know I have a fan though GIRL!

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by MrLeonix
    Originally posted by Carbon
    why is selener more successful than demi? i do not get :(
    I think Selena's been bigger only with this album tho. Prior to it she was always the least among all (Miley, Demi, Ariana and Selena). The thing is that IMO Demi's album and singles were inferior to Selena's this time hence she did worse. But overall Demi has definately sold more albums and records in both US and Outside US.
    I'm not sure, but is this true? And don't give me that Selena was in a band crap . It was pretty much her.
    Well, not sure about the US, they're pretty even there. But yes, Demi has outsold Selena internationally and she has attained more certifications in several international markets than Selena and her band have. Also in the UK for example Demi has already 5 Top 10 hit singles and 2 Top 10 albums under her belt while Selena has only scored 2 top 10 singles and none of her albums have reached the top 10.

Leave a comment:

• Michiel
    replied
    Originally posted by spiritboy
    Selena did the better album. Plus having better vocal abilities is so 90's. GP doesn't care about it anymore. Plus, none of new generation girls can ever top the trinity that was Whitney, Mariah and Celine.
    I wasn't only talking about her vocals. You can clearly see she has way more musicality in her than Selena. Look at their performances... I kinda started stanning for Selener after revival, but she lacks a lot as an artist. Still it's impressive that she's making the best of what she got. Demi has way more possibilities, that's the point I think. Yet that doesn't always cut it, like we have seen 1000 times in history.
    Maybe she has room to grow as a performer. Katy was an awful performer (not only vocally) but she improved herself and her Prism Tour was so much fun. Maybe Selena will do the same in time who knows.
    Absolutely. Never said she couldn't grow. It's all about what you do with what you have. People with more raw talent aren't automatically better artists obviously... Yet we shouldn't forget that it is sometimes easier to find your way musically if you have less talent, your niche will show itself faster than when you have way more options to consider. Having a lot of options creates uncertainty, doubt and the risk of more failures. That's a general rule that can be applied in many domains tbh.

Leave a comment:

• Michiel
    replied
    Originally posted by MrLeonix
    Originally posted by Carbon
    why is selener more successful than demi? i do not get :(
    I think Selena's been bigger only with this album tho. Prior to it she was always the least among all (Miley, Demi, Ariana and Selena). The thing is that IMO Demi's album and singles were inferior to Selena's this time hence she did worse. But overall Demi has definately sold more albums and records in both US and Outside US.
    I'm not sure, but is this true? And don't give me that Selena was in a band crap . It was pretty much her.

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    Selena did the better album. Plus having better vocal abilities is so 90's. GP doesn't care about it anymore. Plus, none of new generation girls can ever top the trinity that was Whitney, Mariah and Celine.
    I wasn't only talking about her vocals. You can clearly see she has way more musicality in her than Selena. Look at their performances... I kinda started stanning for Selener after revival, but she lacks a lot as an artist. Still it's impressive that she's making the best of what she got. Demi has way more possibilities, that's the point I think. Yet that doesn't always cut it, like we have seen 1000 times in history.
    Maybe she has room to grow as a performer. Katy was an awful performer (not only vocally) but she improved herself and her Prism Tour was so much fun. Maybe Selena will do the same in time who knows.

Leave a comment:

• Biebz
    replied
    The only thing Demi is good for is the whole Poot story

Leave a comment:

Working...
X