Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [MENTION=65100]aRat[/MENTION]: I'm 24, bro.
    Pro: freedom of speech
    Contra: cancel culture

Comment

• Dua Lipa's "Alita Battle Anglel" is more acclaimed than Beyonce's "Lion King".

Swan Song is better than Spirit.

BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
      98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
        @aRat: I'm 24, bro.
        And you’re Austrian? Damn that’s hot

come to Vienna
        Follow Me On Instagram

The FIRST user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post
          Swan Song is better than Spirit.

Let's see if Spirit also stalls at 72m streams after 6 months
          aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• "The Lion King" will smash guys, let's not be ridiculous
            Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
            Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Yes, sadly it will. :(
              I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

• Beyonce is over and she only got into the lion king movie as a desperate attempt to extend her fame which is obviously flopping. The movie will be a huge hit obviously because its own 90s version is a legend, don’t confuse it or think it’ll be a hit because of this wanna be (screamer) “singer”

There, facts had to be said and someone said them
                Follow Me On Instagram

#KING

Comment

• Don't take GetBacks words out of his mouth he already has an essay prepared, how dare you steal his thunder
                  aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
                    Let's see if Spirit also stalls at 72m streams after 6 months
                    Spirit will probably surpass whatever-that’s-called’s lifetime streams in less than a month.
                    Originally posted by abi on GOAT
                    You know what? UKMIX really did wonders on this song for me.

I really went from not caring for this song at all to having this as my most played Mariah song of all time because of the constant mentions of this song from some of y'all here.

Comment

• Was there ever a legend so troll-esque as Rihanna? She wants us to hate her, but nah, we still waiting for R9
                      be kind to every kind (also the unkind kind!!!!! )

Comment

• The fact that people want to storm Area 51 to “see them aliens” is the best thing that happened / will happen in 2019

Comment

• Originally posted by Serby View Post
                          Was there ever a legend so troll-esque as Rihanna? She wants us to hate her, but nah, we still waiting for R9
                          Nah, there truly wasn't.
                          [MENTION=28603]Serby[/MENTION], have you noticed how dead Ukmix is these days?

Comment

• [MENTION=28603]Serby[/MENTION] ugh, yes, where is everyone?

Comment

[MENTION=28603]Serby[/MENTION] ugh, yes, where is everyone?
                              Yeah looks like even [MENTION=11323]Wayne[/MENTION] has left Ukmix
                              aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

[MENTION=28603]Serby[/MENTION] ugh, yes, where is everyone?
                                I blame the technical issues. UKMIX has crashed multiple times on me in the past few weeks... and I was always about to write an essay and then after the crash, I couldn't care less about posting it.

I think banning high profile posters over the past 10 years really was self-sabotage.

IDK why UKMIX cannot attract new members... I mean in comparison to atrl, we are so superior.

The Charts threads are our biggest asset these days. Everything else is close to dying, even the Mariah thread...
                                My Chart

Comment

• Screw all these endless live action remakes, 3D animation and technology.

The fact that this was produced in 1937 just shows how groundbreaking this is:

"Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs" will forever be considered a historic true piece of art and one of the greatest achievements in both animation and cinematography fields.
                                  Last edited by MrLeonix; Fri July 12, 2019, 15:46.
                                  Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                                  Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• oh and [MENTION=28603]Serby[/MENTION] don't act all innocent, you've been very quiet as well, while I was fighting with that [MENTION=65100]aRat[/MENTION] and [MENTION=32337]MusicRecords[/MENTION]

y'alls left me hanging, except for my husband [MENTION=23929]Goldmoney[/MENTION].
                                    My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                                      Screw all these endless live action remakes, 3D animation and technology.

The fact that this was produced in 1937 just shows how groundbreaking this is:

"Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs" will forever be considered an historic true piece of art and one of the greatest achievements in both animation and cinematography fields.
                                      That's an obvious fact. I have no idea why Disney is rehashing its biggest bops with inferior acts these days to less and less acclaim.
                                      My Chart

Comment

• The thing is you cannot even register into atrl so it doesn't make sense Ukmix is not attracting any new members These double posts don't help either and every time I try to post via the quick reply my browser goes nuts and I need to close the tab (it is still posted afterwards but still annoying, but that might be my problem only).
                                        Thing also is people here don't care for new artists like Billie, Ariana, Camila. News are moving much slower here, no one cares for gossip. Hell not even Taylor or Lady gaga have many fans here , especially the former. The forum is dominated by Madonna and Mariah stans and they don't attract new members (no offense). There are many factors why it is not taking off, but I still like it. It's less messy and trashy and most people are nice and there are nearly no trolls.
                                        aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                          That's an obvious fact. I have no idea why Disney is rehashing its biggest bops with inferior acts these days to less and less acclaim.
                                          Because acclaim doesn't pay the bills. Most of these reviews only bash the idea of remaking, which doesn't even make sense. If you don't like the idea, don't watch it. You know the old animations still exist, so people can still watch them and it is a different approach to it with new technologies. Why would they stop when they gross billions of dollars? Many don't like the rehashing but more people than them do
                                          aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                            It's just about the money these days and It's fun I guess. But I prefer the original animations, there was art in some of them.

Like this 9-min terrifying animation sequence from "Pinocchio" was considered one of the biggest, hardest and most complex achievements in animation and cinematography you coul pull in 1940, simply out of the box:

It's just raw, drawn and painted by hand animation that holds up to this date as true art.

Comment

• I also prefer the original animations (nostalgia) but I still like the remakes (at least most of them). I can look at them in a different light. It's not like these remakes are not pushing new technologies to the limit. Ultra-realistic CGI remakes designed and directed in Virtual Reality? That is not something which has ever been done before.
                                              There is even one critic review of the LK thinking they used real animals in some parts and dragging them for that
                                              aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• Well most of my posts these days are political or whatever and the fact that there is not much happening outside of certain few threads makes me want to post even less cuz I always feel like I'm just spamming with my unpopular opinions

Madonna and Mariah convoys happening for the 2000th time are not too inviting either tbh. I need Rih to come save us.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
                                                  I also prefer the original animations (nostalgia) but I still like the remakes (at least most of them). I can look at them in a different light. It's not like these remakes are not pushing new technologies to the limit. Ultra-realistic CGI remakes designed and directed in Virtual Reality? That is not something which has ever been done before.
                                                  There is even one critic review of the LK thinking they used real animals in some parts and dragging them for that
                                                  I would say the originals are treasures and the remakes are the ones relying on (and exploiting) nostalgia. There's some impressive technology and production in these new ambitious remakes (and they seem to be improving, "The Lion King" despite the mixed reviews still seems to be profiling to be one of the better / more decent remakes).

But my biggest issue with these remakes is that the studios are so obsessed with getting every shot identical to the original that the whole thing looks mechanical, forced and without much chemistry, like watching the "Beauty And The Beast" remake was so awkward at times because you can see they were trying hard to make shot by shot nearly identical and it didn't look real, not even the actors could engage properly with such limiations, the original animation of "Beauty And The Beast" remains another piece of art and I think these remakes can't capture these emotions and beauty present in their original animated versions.

Comment

• Well I do feel like those terrible crashes have been the turning point for some users. Also seems like in odd hours the site doesn't work.

Like someone on FB said "this is the fall of Ukmix"
                                                    Follow Me On Instagram

#KING

Comment

Working...
                                                    X