Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bitch, Madonna was face to face with Michael, Prince, Whitney, Tina, Stevie, Bruce, U2, etc. . . She was a boss, others would have not survived with such competition, but of course Madonna was so badass that she could.

Social media makes it way easier for talentless people to have careers. Back in the 80s it was all pure rough survival
    Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
    Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
      [MENTION=23929]Goldmoney[/MENTION] how would you rank those 3 Mariah lead singles? Honey, Dreamlover and Fantasy.
      I don’t know anybody by that name.
      Property of cheapthrill

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
        Bitch, Madonna was face to face with Michael, Prince, Whitney, Tina, Stevie, Bruce, U2, etc. . . She was a boss, others would have not survived with such competition, but of course Madonna was so badass that she could.

Social media makes it way easier for talentless people to have careers. Back in the 80s it was all pure rough survival
        It might sound like I'm an unapologetic bitch
        But sometimes you know I gotta call it like it is

Comment

People can simply ignore me if they don't like what i post
          People can also question you, call out your views and deem them as stupid if they want too. We're in a forum so deal with people replying and challenging your opinions.
          Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
          Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
            I don’t know anybody by that name.
            I meant Kween
            Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

People can also question you, call out your views and deem them as stupid if they want too. We're in a forum so deal with people replying and challenging your opinions.
              Of course they can, people accuse me of trying to create a drama, i'm not. I'm just stating my opinion.

Besides, i didn't name any female artists in my original post
              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Bitch, Madonna was face to face with Michael, Prince, Whitney, Tina, Stevie, Bruce, U2, etc. . . She was a boss, others would have not survived with such competition, but of course Madonna was so badass that she could.

And unlike most of them, she didn't have powerful man and payola behind her, only hard work. She also had it the hardest because she was a free woman who did what she wanted to do.

Comment

• By the way who is Mandy Moore? I hadn't heard of her until your discussion

Comment

• Originally posted by Madgefan View Post
                    By the way who is Mandy Moore? I hadn't heard of her until your discussion
                    Demi's daughter

Comment

I think she was someone like Jessica Simpson. Her music career didn't happen so she moved on to movies & tv series as far as i know. She is in This Is Us (which i plan to watch sometime soon).
                      Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Back in 1999 she got a record deal after Britney smashed, hence she was presented as the Britney 4.0 in the music scene

Her music career never really happened though, she then moved to a more folk sound which went unnoticed too and ultimately she ended up finding success in the film industry and acting. She also sang the soundtrack songs from Disney's hit film "Tangled".

Comment

• Oh, she must have passed me by or maybe barely registered here in the UK.

Comment

• Originally posted by Westen View Post
                            And unlike most of them, she didn't have powerful man and payola behind her, only hard work. She also had it the hardest because she was a free woman who did what she wanted to do.
                            Madonna was a f*cking beast, she completely caused a revolution and revamped the scene for female artists.

Comment

I meant Kween
                              Oh ok.

1 Fantasy
                              2 Honey
                              3 Dreamlover

I prefer Heartbreaker over all 3 tho.
                              Property of cheapthrill

Comment

Oh, she must have passed me by or maybe barely registered here in the UK.
                                Well that song ("Candy") peaked at #6 in UK though.

Comment

Well that song ("Candy") peaked at #6 in UK though.
                                  Well it certainly wasn't me buying it

Comment

Back in 1999 she got a record deal after Britney smashed, hence she was presented as the Britney 4.0 in the music scene

Her music career never really happened though, she then moved to a more folk sound which went unnoticed too and ultimately she ended up finding success in the film industry and acting. She also sang the soundtrack songs from Disney's hit film "Tangled".
                                    I only know this song from her and it's a massive bop, I was obsessed with it

Nothing but penis in my pocket line made me uncomfortable

Comment

• ^^ I've really never heard those songs Was it for teenies?

Comment

• Originally posted by Westen View Post
                                        I only know this song from her and it's a massive bop, I was obsessed with it

Nothing but penis in my pocket line made me uncomfortable
                                        This was her biggest hit song on the Billboard Hot 100 though (Peaked at #24):

Comment

• Candy is so ghey and she wants nothing to do with it.
                                          Property of cheapthrill

Comment

^^ I've really never heard those songs Was it for teenies?
                                            Madgefan, her music career didn't really happen, it reached a very limited demographic, only two of her songs charted on the Hot 100 (the highest one being at #24) and she only sold like 5 million records, she was never big so it's pretty normal that you never heard about her.

She did find success in films and TV .

Comment

Madgefan, her music career didn't really happen, it reached a very limited demographic, only two of her songs charted on the Hot 100 (the highest one being at #24) and she only sold like 5 million records, she was never big so it's pretty normal that you never heard about her.

She did find success in films and TV .
                                              Thank you MrLeonix your explanation is much more plausible. I was putting it down to my age

Comment

• I thought Mandy Moore was big in Asia?
                                                My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• She was one of the patients when the iconik Grey’s Anatomy shooting episode happened. That’s the only acting I’ve seen her in.

OT: Dr. Bailey is GOAT.
                                                  Property of cheapthrill

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                                                    That’s the only acting I’ve seen her in.
                                                    She was also the voice actress (main role) of Disney's film "Tangled" which grossed $591million worldwide and she also recorded the film's soundtrack which lead her to perform at the Oscars:

Comment

Working...
                                                    X