Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Random Thought Thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by aRat View Post
    nnnn same sis, it feels like a struggle / chore to try to listen to her albums ever since Stale Candy

    Le tme just listen to Erotica for the billionth time and call it a day.
    For me MDNA is literally unlistenable now, it is such a bad album. I can listen to some of Rebel Heart but i'm afraid Madame X is going to have almost zero replay value for me. I have I Rise and Crave on a playlist but that's it.
    Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
    Pronouns: He / Him

    Comment


    • Originally posted by InFamous View Post
      For me MDNA is literally unlistenable now, it is such a bad album. I can listen to some of Rebel Heart but i'm afraid Madame X is going to have almost zero replay value for me. I have I Rise and Crave on a playlist but that's it.
      I love Madame X. I don't get the hate. MDMA is OK too.
      My Chart

      Comment


      • I agree with you, InFamous. I hardly feel any interest to take 'MDNA' or 'Madame X' out of my CD collection. There's nothing really that excites me about them - and for albums by Madonna, that's super rare. In fact, the only other albums of hers that have got me feeling the same way are 'Like a Virgin' and 'True Blue' (apart from 'Live To Tell', which i love).
        Pro: freedom of speech
        Contra: cancel culture

        Comment


        • Originally posted by stevyy View Post
          I love Madame X. I don't get the hate. MDMA is OK too.
          I don't hate it. I said it had no replay value for me. Not the same thing.
          It's not an album you can just throw on and listen to.
          Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
          Pronouns: He / Him

          Comment


          • Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
            I agree with you, InFamous. I hardly feel any interest to take 'MDNA' or 'Madame X' out of my CD collection. There's nothing really that excites me about them - and for albums by Madonna, that's super rare. In fact, the only other albums of hers that have got me feeling the same way are 'Like a Virgin' and 'True Blue' (apart from 'Live To Tell', which i love).
            For me that entire stretch between Medellin and Crave is just skippable, unless I am really in the mood to sit through it. I could almost say the same for the section between Crave and Looking for mercy.

            Live to tell is amazing. One of her best ever tracks.
            Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
            Pronouns: He / Him

            Comment


            • Madame X got old pretty fast. I only listened to that album once. I think it's quite forgettable. I find that album too serious and not in a good way like 'Erotica'. I want dance pop Madge back.
              Madonna......Rihanna....Beyonce....Michael...Janet....Prince...Mariah...Whitney

              Comment


              • I think whatever Madge releases, the go are gonna dismiss it if it's not a hit. Madge can't win anymore.
                Madonna......Rihanna....Beyonce....Michael...Janet....Prince...Mariah...Whitney

                Comment


                • Originally posted by hellohello View Post
                  I think whatever Madge releases, the go are gonna dismiss it if it's not a hit. Madge can't win anymore.
                  That's what they also did to Beyoncé's Spirit, which in my estimation is one of the best songs of 2019. I don't understand why Beyoncé got all the hate and why so many ppl dislike the amazingly beautiful melody, vocals and message.

                  Same with God Control which had an amazing music video - one of the best of 2019 in my view and the song is both serious and danceable.

                  People should start listening to the music for the music and not for the artist.
                  My Chart

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                    That's what they also did to Beyoncé's Spirit, which in my estimation is one of the best songs of 2019. I don't understand why Beyoncé got all the hate and why so many ppl dislike the amazingly beautiful melody, vocals and message. .
                    Except that "Spirit" is far from being one of Beyoncé's best songs LOL
                    Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                    Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                      Except that "Spirit" is far from being one of Beyoncé's best songs LOL
                      That's subjective and I think it is. To me it is absolutely amazing. She has some songs which I like even more, but Spirit would def. rank in my Beyoncé top 10. (I haven't even watched the movie tho and I do not intend to).
                      My Chart

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                        That's subjective and I think it is. To me it is absolutely amazing. She has some songs which I like even more, but Spirit would def. rank in my Beyoncé top 10. (I haven't even watched the movie tho and I do not intend to).
                        Well, Beyoncé fans are used to higher standards.
                        Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                        Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

                        Comment


                        • 'Spirit' would of been huge if it came out in the 90's or 2000s but nowadays soundtrack singles sung by a superstar is rarely a thing. The last successful soundtrack I can think of was sung by Adele and that was 7 years ago. Times have changed. A lot of the mainstream audience are kids. They are the ones that stream the most and generate views that go viral. Most don't really want to listen to uplifting ballads like 'Spirit'. I do think the song sounds like it could of been released in 2008 imo.
                          Madonna......Rihanna....Beyonce....Michael...Janet....Prince...Mariah...Whitney

                          Comment


                          • there have been a lot of successful soundtrack songs recently... the biggest of them all would be Can't stop this feeling. Also Happy. Or still charting: Shallow. The list is rather endless.
                            My Chart

                            Comment


                            • Regarding music in films I always prefered the musical scores over original songs.
                              Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                              Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

                              Comment


                              • The only thing I want from Beyoncé is a bop. She can keep everything else.

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                                  This was too local for you right, [MENTION=65100]aRat[/MENTION]chet?

                                  [MENTION=25076]TheRealest[/MENTION] [MENTION=12901]ThaInfo1[/MENTION] Remember this ish?!?! If streaming had been around back then, it would have been OVER for JT, King, Nelly Furtado, Akon, Fergie, etc.
                                  **does the dance**

                                  Wow, what a moment in time.

                                  These hoes wouldn't have been able to handle Young B.

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by hellohello View Post
                                    'Spirit' would of been huge if it came out in the 90's or 2000s but nowadays soundtrack singles sung by a superstar is rarely a thing. The last successful soundtrack I can think of was sung by Adele and that was 7 years ago. Times have changed. A lot of the mainstream audience are kids. They are the ones that stream the most and generate views that go viral. Most don't really want to listen to uplifting ballads like 'Spirit'. I do think the song sounds like it could of been released in 2008 imo.
                                    Did you miss Shallow ?
                                    Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                    Pronouns: He / Him

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                      Did you miss Shallow ?
                                      Black Panther soundtrack gave a couple of hits too. If anything The Gift is trying to replicate that soundtrack.
                                      I have received many gifts from God,
                                      but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess
                                      .

                                      Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
                                        The only thing I want from Beyoncé is a bop. She can keep everything else.
                                        Find Your Way Back
                                        Mood 4 Eva
                                        Water
                                        Already
                                        My Power
                                        5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
                                          Find Your Way Back
                                          Water
                                          Already
                                          My Power
                                          I hope she gives those the Britney-Radar treatment and puts them on her next album again and releases them as singles as people are ignoring The Gift
                                          aRat's NUDES LEAKED

                                          Comment


                                          • Are they stray cats & dogs in cities you live? Turkey has tons of them sadly.
                                            Cha Cha Instructor

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                              Are they stray cats & dogs in cities you live? Turkey has tons of them sadly.
                                              a lot of cats, but stray dogs are rare
                                              Waffles are checked cookies

                                              Comment


                                              • David Boreanaz is filming tv show in Belgrade this week just when I'm not in it... Actor from my 2 favorite shows of all time :((

                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                                  Are they stray cats & dogs in cities you live? Turkey has tons of them sadly.
                                                  The hood usually has more stray animals than any other civilization in the world.
                                                  Property of cheapthrill

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Is it just me or does anyone esle think "Shallow" (as a song itself, w/o the soundtrack status) sound tame, boring & kinda cliche?
                                                    Waffles are checked cookies

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X