Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's not just you. The whole ASIB era is Stefani's least inspired work musically and lyrically. Without the movie and the songs being part of the soundtrack, it wouldn't be much successful. But for some reason basic and cliche music often works wonders as soundtracks (just look at The Greatest Showman) when it comes to charts.
    I have received many gifts from God,
    but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Shallow is first Gaga song i loved since DWUW.

And my version of soundtrack is my fave Gaga album since, well, TFM.

It's 3/5, but still better than BTW 2,5/5, Artpop which is 2/5, and Joanne 1/5

Movie on the other hand tho. One of the worst I have seen. So stupid.

Comment

• Bradley Cooper's song "Shallow" was ok, very decent debut single for him.
        Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
        Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• I used to like Shallow a lot but i listened to it too much, i'm now sick of it.
          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
            Bradley Cooper's song "Shallow" was ok, very decent debut single for him.
            Originally posted by abi on GOAT
            You know what? UKMIX really did wonders on this song for me.

I really went from not caring for this song at all to having this as my most played Mariah song of all time because of the constant mentions of this song from some of y'all here.

Comment

• Originally posted by heppolo View Post
              Is it just me or does anyone esle think "Shallow" (as a song itself, w/o the soundtrack status) sound tame, boring & kinda cliche?
              Shallow is basic, without the movie it wouldn't even have made the top 10.

Comment

• I agree on "Shallow". It was so overrated. I never thought Gaga did well on ballads anyway, although I kind of like those on the "Joanne" album.

Comment

• The Joanne album has three decent songs at best.

Comment

• Y'all are lucky this is not atrl where all the monsters hide otherwise your wigs would be muddy from all the draggings
                    aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• Shallow, ARUTW, Is That Alright >>>

Comment

• Shallow will forever be Shadow to me. I still hear it and sing it unless I try really hard to remember it's shallow lmao anyone else?
                        be kind to every kind (also the unkind kind!!!!! )

Comment

• Yeah all ASIB songs are really basic and average in retrospect
                          BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
                          98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
                            Y'all are lucky this is not atrl where all the monsters hide otherwise your wigs would be muddy from all the draggings
                            Beyonce's wig is getting tossed hard on there though
                            98 - OUT

Comment

• Of course it's full of self hating twinks that find their joy in taking females down which are more successful than they ever will be combined. The war with the monsters was on ever since she was called Bey's replacement twice . KKKTRL loves to drag black pop girls especially anyway.
                              Last edited by BeeBoy; Thu August 8, 2019, 19:32.
                              aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• Not KKKTRL

Every now and then it seeps over here tho.
                                Originally posted by abi on GOAT
                                You know what? UKMIX really did wonders on this song for me.

I really went from not caring for this song at all to having this as my most played Mariah song of all time because of the constant mentions of this song from some of y'all here.

Comment

• I came from there
                                  98 - OUT

Comment

• For me, 'Shallow' is Gaga's best musical outcome since the 'Born This Way' album. The only reason why I wouldn't give it more than 7/10 is its unusual song structure: verse - verse - chorus - chorus is just too unconventional for me in that regard. I feel like there's something missing because when you think like the song is reaching its climax, the only thing left to come is another chorus...
                                    Pro: freedom of speech
                                    Contra: cancel culture

Comment

• I really hate Shallow
                                      I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

• BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
                                        98 - OUT

Comment

• Let me exorcise this thread with this HOLY piece of music.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post
                                            Let me exorcise this thread with this HOLY piece of music.
                                            This masterpiece outtalented and outsold:

98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post
                                              Yeah all ASIB songs are really basic and average in retrospect
                                              Damn, I expected to get dragged for that "Shallow" remark.
                                              Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• Originally posted by heppolo View Post
                                                Damn, I expected to get dragged for that "Shallow" remark.
                                                Why would you think that? I don't really use forGaGatten other than the occasional bop from 2009-2010.
                                                98 - OUT

Comment

• edit: double post
                                                  98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post
                                                    Why would you think that? I don't really use forGaGatten other than the occasional bop from 2009-2010.
                                                    Her fans are far too brave considering she flopped on her third album.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X