X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CrazyCrazy
    replied
    Shit as in "stuff" I assume, not going for a poo. I guess she is romantic or something.

Leave a comment:

• DAYUM
    replied
    I assume it's one of dem fresh-smelling candles??

Leave a comment:

• Airwrecka
    replied
    You have to light a candle when you've had a shit? Or I've totally misread that?

Leave a comment:

• LOVE+FEAR
    replied
    Sooo she just said she won't study all night so we just turned the heating off.

I mean, the compromise would've been that the heating stays on and I open the window, but it isn't neither economical nor environmentally friendly...

Maybe I am so obsessed with this issue since there are maaany other issues as well (e.g. she wants us to light a candle when we did sh*t)

Good thing is I'll leave in about two weeks for my own flat

Leave a comment:

• Madgefan
    replied
    Originally posted by Airwrecka
    The old hot / cold dilemma. It's raged on in my house for years. My bedroom is by far the coldest room in our house, (which is partly my fault for demanding the radiator be moved so it didn't mess my room plan up, but it's mainly because I never get any sun ). I have a portable convection heater in my room in addition to the standard heating. It's perfect for when I'm cold in my room but my dad is moaning about how hot it is. And it's not that expensive to run either.
    It's a running battle with me and my partner every Winter I like it cold and he likes it way too hot so the thermostat is up and down all the time Besides if you're cold it's better to snuggle up to someone than pay for all that energy ... helping cut back on global warming too That's my excuse anyway

Leave a comment:

• biscuits
    replied
    Originally posted by MusicRecords
    Originally posted by DAYUM
    I think your flatmate is pretty right about it. Being cold is way worse than being hot. You can easily take your clothes off or throw your blanket off, drink a glass of cold water and sleep.

It's kinda rude for me not to help someone who's trying to study and freezing. Just saying.
    How is that supposed to help? Wouldn't it make you go pee so bad?

Anyway I think there should be a compromise, how about turning the heat on but not too high, somewhere one tweet what she usually puts it at...
    So then go pee. It's hardly gonna take all night.

Leave a comment:

• LOVE+FEAR
    replied
    OMG I didn't expect this to become such a discussion

Originally posted by thankfulforkelly
    confront the b*tch and get your sleep! sleep = life
    I don't like confrontations. I avoid those kind of things if the person really isn't important to me. I mean, yeah, I'll leave in about two weeks, but I'll be exhausted if she's always gonna need the heating all night all the time

Originally posted by IrishLamb
    Just lock your door and tell her no!
    Yeah or lock it and if she knocks just pretend you're in a heavy sleep
    I can't lock my door, there's no key... And I'd go crazy over the thought how she would behave when she couldn't get in my room... I'm a mess at hiding out possible confrontations in my head

I think your flatmate is pretty right about it. Being cold is way worse than being hot. You can easily take your clothes off or throw your blanket off, drink a glass of cold water and sleep.

It's kinda rude for me not to help someone who's trying to study and freezing. Just saying.

Anyway I think there should be a compromise, how about turning the heat on but not too high, somewhere one tweet what she usually puts it at...
    DAYUM, I understand what you mean - the situation itself is stupid, since no one in this flat can turn the heating on without turning it on in my room at the same time (and for technical reasons, don't ask me why, it always has to be on the highest level in my room...).

The thing is... It's just normal that one sleeps in a pretty cold room (18-21 degrees)... but since it's a shared flat, I understand that we obviously need a compromise. If only she was a bit nicer when talking to me...

Originally posted by Serby
    Can't you just turn the heating down a bit on your room, on that metal thing that heats your room? This way she has it super warm, you just normal.
    The landlord said that metal thing always has to be on the highest level in my room, since my room has the central control (next to the door)... That's the shit. If someone wants to heat any room, they have to heat my room at the same time, whether I want it or not.

I think the solution is that I keep my window opened... and to use the time option of the heating, so that it turns off automatically at some time. Because... I can't really sleep having the thought in my mind that someone will open my door while I sleep I'm just too paranoid for that haha.

Oh, and she actually said sorry for her (in general) rude tone these days. However, we haven't talked about the heating issue for today yet, and I smell that discussion is coming nearer

Leave a comment:

• Serby
    replied
    Can't you just turn the heating down a bit on your room, on that metal thing that heats your room? This way she has it super warm, you just normal.

Leave a comment:

• biscuits
    replied
    It's -15 here this morning

Leave a comment:

• DAYUM
    replied
    When I was living in Chicago and St Louis, it was like hell!!! ******* freezing all the time. I was in a very strict relationship with my portable heater lol.

Now i'm in California (thank God) so things are better.

Leave a comment:

• nekoocz
    replied
    Is anyone here from Stockholm?

Leave a comment:

• Airwrecka
    replied
    The old hot / cold dilemma. It's raged on in my house for years. My bedroom is by far the coldest room in our house, (which is partly my fault for demanding the radiator be moved so it didn't mess my room plan up, but it's mainly because I never get any sun ). I have a portable convection heater in my room in addition to the standard heating. It's perfect for when I'm cold in my room but my dad is moaning about how hot it is. And it's not that expensive to run either.

Leave a comment:

• MusicRecords
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DAYUM
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MusicRecords
    replied
    Originally posted by IrishLamb
    Yeah or lock it and if she knocks just pretend you're in a heavy sleep

Leave a comment:

• Storyteller
    replied

Leave a comment:

• toni_pest
    replied
    [quote=biscuits]
    Originally posted by toni_pest
    Originally posted by "toni_pest":1ji3uud2
    Anybody up for a new Top Answer Game? it seems like there's some life back in here so I was thinking of starting one.
    I'd love one. Still waiting for biscuits to reveal the results from the game before last.....
    ikr it was so tight and i'm sure i won and he was pressed and just left it as it is
    I might reveal the results after the top posters countdown has finished[/quote:1ji3uud2]

Leave a comment:

• DAYUM
    replied
    There's this new app that I've found out about, called "AmpMe".

Basically you download it, and you make your friends download it as well, and then when you play a song all the other peopel around you can join to the "party". All of your phones synch to each other with a special password (only given to the "host" of the "party") and play the same songs all together giving the effect of powerful, loud speaker. Great idea imo.

Leave a comment:

• LOVE+FEAR
    replied
    Originally posted by KokoCollino
    Shortly before I went to sleep at midnight, my flatmate (female) knocked on my door to turn the heating back on (the central control is in my room), because she was still studying.

I wasn't able to fall asleep because it was hot in here and after one hour, I asked her if I could please turn it off - I have to get up at 8 to go to work. She said "Well I will freeze but turn it off" in a very unfriendly tone.

So probably because I was (like often) emotionally exhausted by situations like this, my body and mind decided to not let me really sleep :(

It's 4.30 now, I slept for like 30 min or so... I hate this :(

I will move in my own flat soon and really can't wait for it...
    Ugh that's so annoying, she should be more considerate and not just think about herself...sorry to hear you did get enough sleep, hope things get better...
    Thank you dear

So I got about 4 h of sleep, I'll survive it, but it's not the best way to start the week -.-

Maybe she should try to heat up her room before it's midnight... The stupid thing is, I can't shut the heating in my room down if the heating is up in general... But I need to sleep :( And I hate having confrontations like these...

Leave a comment:

• Colbie
    replied
    Btw is there gonna be another Alternative Awards?

Leave a comment:

• biscuits
    replied
    [quote=toni_pest]
    Originally posted by "toni_pest":3qvwgpc1
    Anybody up for a new Top Answer Game? it seems like there's some life back in here so I was thinking of starting one.
    I'd love one. Still waiting for biscuits to reveal the results from the game before last.....
    ikr it was so tight and i'm sure i won and he was pressed and just left it as it is[/quote:3qvwgpc1]

I might reveal the results after the top posters countdown has finished

Leave a comment:

• MrRager
    replied
    DAYUM DAYUM DAYUM what i'd do to have you HERE HERE HERE

Leave a comment:

• MusicRecords
    replied
    Originally posted by KokoCollino
    Shortly before I went to sleep at midnight, my flatmate (female) knocked on my door to turn the heating back on (the central control is in my room), because she was still studying.

I wasn't able to fall asleep because it was hot in here and after one hour, I asked her if I could please turn it off - I have to get up at 8 to go to work. She said "Well I will freeze but turn it off" in a very unfriendly tone.

So probably because I was (like often) emotionally exhausted by situations like this, my body and mind decided to not let me really sleep :(

Ugh that's so annoying, she should be more considerate and not just think about herself...sorry to hear you did get enough sleep, hope things get better...

Leave a comment:

• LOVE+FEAR
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MrRager
    replied
    Originally posted by toxicALIENS
    Forum tension on POINT tonight

Listen to this and relief yourselves of your anger <3
    [youtube:cfkldoot]PEXgUdNGkts[/youtube:cfkldoot]
    Brilliant!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X