• Show
Clear All

• flopho
    replied
    damn this is brilliant, i am so going to do that for this christmas

Leave a comment:

• Carbon
    replied
    this is probably old news, but I've just discovered the funny irony of Xtine's compilation single being called Keeps Getting Better when in fact everything kept getting worse after it

Leave a comment:

• DnBLover
    replied
    Hey everyone,

Help me support one big friend of mine and take a listen to his new song.

[youtube:2ms1iy8l]y_ZuXz8j-Ck[/youtube:2ms1iy8l]

He produces and sings. He's stil trying to get some exposure so some views are appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• LionH3art
    replied
    Lol I always thought that song was from Rihanna

Leave a comment:

• Theodorerichert
    replied
    Originally posted by MrRager
    Originally posted by Theodorerichert

What the f.... at Adele or Zara who?
    What? You've never heard of Zara Larsson?
    No, I haven't! WOT DAT?
    Oh, I have no idea.

Leave a comment:

• Era
    replied

No, I haven't! WOT DAT?
    The new global pop sensation ofc :-? the white popanna :-?

[youtube:2pklbm4l]tD4HCZe-tew[/youtube:2pklbm4l]

Leave a comment:

• ArmyOfMe
    replied
    I've got a hangover that feels like two :-?

Leave a comment:

• MrRager
    replied

No, I haven't! WOT DAT?

Leave a comment:

• Theodorerichert
    replied
    Originally posted by Era
    Originally posted by fpfbm54

what the f.....
    What country?
    Germany.

Leave a comment:

• MrRager
    replied
    Originally posted by Era

what the f.....
    What country?
    Germany.

Leave a comment:

• Theodorerichert
    replied
    Originally posted by Era

what the f.....
    What country?
    Germany.

Leave a comment:

• Era
    replied

what the f.....
    What country?

Leave a comment:

• flopho
    replied

what the f.....

Leave a comment:

• abi
    replied
    [youtube:1g9kt0dh]8o4Zj98FeX4[/youtube:1g9kt0dh]

Urban/Pop bop of the year. Mixing two different languages. Serving Beyonce, Rihanna & Nicki in one song/video. CL's her US debut is coming.

Leave a comment:

• TIfan
    replied
    What I was saying is that John legend was questioning why so many black men were in prison. That was a dumb question. First of all, prisons are crowded with all race. Yes there are some innocent people in prison but what about the ones that commit the crimes. People are being murdered almost everyday in US. In the last few years, 4 of my family members were murdered and all were under the age of 25. They weren't murdered by cops or whites. It was other blacks. Two of them were little kids. I do think society makes it seem like most black men are in prison or are committing crimes which is completely wrong. However, complaining that there are too many blacks in prison is basically saying lets release the criminals so they can commit more crimes. If you don't want to do the time, don't commit the crime.

I will say,there are many peace rally's that do not get media attention like the Cops vs Blacks rally's which is a shame.

Leave a comment:

• Michiel
    replied
    Originally posted by TIfan
    Random:

Watched a little bit of this charity concert for Charleston and John Legend is **** annoying. I cant stand his ass anymore. Talented musician, stupid ass guy. Whats wrong with the white man saying he is color blind??? also hated his speech at the Oscars. Yes there are many black men in jail but how in the hell did they get there??? I'm black (Dominican) btw.
    ^Well isn't it complex? The black overrepresentation or other overrepresentations of groups in most countries obviously represent a social issue that transcends the individual level. It's like you are saying that's solely because they are as individuals more prone to committing a crime and therefore are less fit to function in a society and that's why they belong in jail. How they get there obviously has to do with individual circumstances but let's not deny social & legal mechanism that definitely have significant influences on these processes. I can't speak for the united states (although there are loads of books/papers/movies/songs/... about the issue that all showcase a piece of the puzzle), but in Belgium there are definitely a lot of reasons.

In Belgium there is an overpresentation of minorities (Turks, Morrocans,...) in prisons. The simple and obvious explanation is that there is also a minority overrepresentation in the poverty rates. Although the connection between poverty and crime is not causal it obviously has an influence on it (as it also feeds social inequality). It's nice to hear the stories about an individual working his ass off and getting rich and all, but obviously those stories blur the reality which is much more complex. There are is a significant lack of chances and thus a lack of strucural mechanisms that can bridge the social inequality gap.
    Also alot of valid theories have been made around the emphasis on consumption in our society and the strain it gives to a lot of youngsters. And so on and so on (Social bonds, collective efficacy,...). These circumstances and observations just point to the fact that crime isn't solely a matter of individual proneness.
    Another huge issue in Belgium is the way legal systems act to and punish crimes of minorities. First of all we should be aware that crimes of minorities belong more to the "visible crimes" (stealing, violence, etc.) while the crimes with the biggest consequences for society are more invisible (White collar crimes, corporate crimes, political crimes,...) and go more unpunished. . Criminal justice systems has always been weak to do something about the latter crimes for several reasons (mainly because crime (said in a simplistic way) is a breach of legal rules, which are historically defined by elites - obviously there are now controls of governments etc. but these effects still play a large role, they won't go away just because you install some control mechanism). It's also a given that the legal systems are more punitive towards minorities for no clear defined reasons (a lot of researchers show how in some similar circumstances minorities still get harsher punishments). One of the reasons is that judges assume their social safety net is weaker, they assume they need more rehabilitation, they challengde conventional social norms and values, etc. There is an overrepresentation in jails, but they stay a minority in community services or electronic monitoring.
    Although there are a lot of explanations for this we still didn't look to the practice of prison themselves. You can look at the 'input' but you can also look at the duration of sentences. In belgium it's clear that minorities stay longer in jails although they sometimes have similar punishments in years than some other inmates. They are less likely to get parole for example (because the preconditions are harder for minorities to reach than it is for the 'standard belgian civilian').

At the end of the day all criminal issues are a shared responsability between a society and an individual. Crime doesn't happen in rational black box, but in a social context. People have the wrong conception that these (social, legal & critical) explanations just are ways to make up for excuses, which is just bullsh!t imo. Solely looking to the individual is as wrong as only looking to the societal level. Both occur together and a criminal justice system should be very well aware of the role it plays in the distortion of crime. I think I gave enough examples where a sole individual explanations would be insufficient. The situation of black overrepresentation in American jails is no different.

#justsayin

Leave a comment:

• Biebz
    replied
    Originally posted by Tansike
    Björk is 50 and Carly Rae Jepsen 30 today. Both look so young for their age!
    I'll never get over the fact Carly is 30

Every time I find out how old she is, I forget straight away and go back to thinking she's like 21

Leave a comment:

• Tansike
    replied
    Björk is 50 and Carly Rae Jepsen 30 today. Both look so young for their age!

Leave a comment:

• TIfan
    replied
    Random:

Watched a little bit of this charity concert for Charleston and John Legend is ******* annoying. I cant stand his ass anymore. Talented musician, stupid ass guy. Whats wrong with the white man saying he is color blind??? also hated his speech at the Oscars. Yes there are many black men in jail but how in the hell did they get there??? I'm black (Dominican) btw.

Leave a comment:

• HaskaWuga
    replied
    Anggun's new album charted in 5 countries on iTunes. Global queen.

Leave a comment:

• LOVE+FEAR
    replied
    I tried to avoid listening to his album but the snippets that I got in my head of "Sorry" probably will make me giving it a spin the other day

Leave a comment:

• Erotica
    replied
    I don't like him at all, he's annoying. and I think his music even got worse

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    i want to join the discussion about Justin Bieber. I agree wholeheartedly with John. I honestly even tried to like sorry, but it's forgettable pop dross. I think he desperately jumps on what's hot... like looking like Miley these days and be totally anti what parents would perceive as positive role models for their early teen kids. whatever he does, i feel is pure publicity. He's not at all genuine.

honestly, his general spike in popularity in 2015 surprises me. I thought he was done.. but then he released the most tacky music again and of course it's working. as i said early, we live in a time where the future isn't about robots and flying cars, but about a disconnection of humans from themselves and justin is the epitome of that. The worst part is, that he may not even be aware of it.

Leave a comment:

• ArmyOfMe
    replied
    I feel extra-festive tonight

Leave a comment:

• Erotica
    replied
    Another good song ^^

Leave a comment:

Working...
X