Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Random Thought Thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by WEBofDESIRE View Post
    I can't believe this. Acts that were in their prime before the internet was a thing, aren't blowing up on streaming? Say it ain't so. Let's make a list of physical album sales.
    "before the internet" just gives you an idea of how old and dusty they must be was there even life before the internet? y'all are crayyy
    Follow Me On Instagram

    The FIRST user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

    #KING

    Comment


    • Originally posted by aRat View Post

      No dusty divas in sight, why?
      because of selling albums... = more $$ = bigger / better = legends

      However, Mariah currently has the 27th biggest selling female album of 2019, Merry Christmas at 208,000 copies (Billboard Year). Surpassing Dupa Lupa at #28 with 189k. The shade is real..
      My Chart

      Comment


      • Do we really want to look to Spotify for taste tho? I mean... Drake and Ed Sheeran are probably ahead of all of them.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by MusicRecords View Post
          "before the internet" just gives you an idea of how old and dusty they must be was there even life before the internet? y'all are crayyy
          pre internet = 13,5 bn BC to 1993/4 AD

          post internet = 1993/4 to 2019.

          I got THE internet in 1998. Yass gurl, and Napster (1999-2000, RIP) was the greatest invention in all of humanity.
          My Chart

          Comment


          • Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
            Do we really want to look to Spotify for taste tho? I mean... Drake and Ed Sheeran are probably ahead of all of them.
            Drake is the highest certified male recording artist in the United States.

            Top 5:

            01 - 227,940,000 - 209,940,000 singles - 18,000,000 albums - Drake
            02 - 191,000,000 - 53,500,000 singles - 137,500,000 albums - Elvis Presley
            03 - 173,000,000 - 121,000,000 singles - 52,000,000 albums - Eminem
            04 - 145,300,000 - 56,000,000 singles - 84,000,000 albums - Michael Jackson
            05 - 136,900,000 - zero certified singles - 136,000,000 albums - Garth Brooks
            My Chart

            Comment


            • Wait, what? I meant that on Spotify, they are ahead. I can't imagine Garth Brooks' fans stream much of him at all.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                pre internet = 13,5 bn BC to 1993/4 AD

                post internet = 1993/4 to 2019.


                I got THE internet in 1998. Yass gurl, and Napster (1999-2000, RIP) was the greatest invention in all of humanity.
                Yes grandpa

                Follow Me On Instagram

                The FIRST user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

                #KING

                Comment


                • Good luck [MENTION=23802]JSparksFan[/MENTION]. I hope Dorian spares you all
                  I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                  I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by DnBLover View Post
                    Good luck [MENTION=23802]JSparksFan[/MENTION]. I hope Dorian spares you all
                    Thanks!

                    Neither I, nor any of my family, live on the two islands that are on course to be directly hit by Dorian, but I really am hoping Grand Bahama and Abaco sustain minimal damage and that there aren't any casualties. I hope the same for Florida, too!
                    UKMIX Favourite Artists of the Last 20 Years: [Ballot box open]
                    "Your Billboard Top Ten" Game: All-Time Top Scorers Countdown: [#9 revealed!]

                    Your heart is coloured with the love wrapped in the brilliant blue sky above, the breadth of the jewelled oceans, and the pure heat of the golden sun. And your heart is home to the cosmic creation that is you.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by stevyy View Post

                      However, Mariah currently has the 27th biggest selling female album of 2019, Merry Christmas at 208,000 copies (Billboard Year). Surpassing Dupa Lupa at #28 with 189k. The shade is real..
                      Gworl what kinda chart is that?
                      BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
                      98 - OUT

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by DnBLover View Post
                        Good luck [MENTION=23802]JSparksFan[/MENTION]. I hope Dorian spares you all
                        Same. Good luck & stay safe hunties.
                        BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
                        98 - OUT

                        Comment


                        • Lmao I can’t at the Straight pride parade in Boston I’m pretty sure quite a few of the “straight” married macho men there are gay and in the closet
                          Follow Me On Instagram

                          The FIRST user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

                          #KING

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
                            Do we really want to look to Spotify for taste tho? I mean... Drake and Ed Sheeran are probably ahead of all of them.
                            Yes Sweaty you are right. The full top 30:

                            1 Drake 26,371,097,967
                            2 Ed Sheeran 20,320,054,950
                            3 Eminem 14,939,900,501
                            4 Ariana Grande 14,426,595,603
                            5 Justin Bieber 12,935,666,077
                            6 Post Malone 12,543,428,453
                            7 The Weeknd 12,134,674,143
                            8 Rihanna 11,709,248,066
                            9 Coldplay 11,533,146,311
                            10 Imagine Dragons 11,202,020,134
                            11 Calvin Harris 10,987,767,737
                            12 Kanye West 10,960,339,593
                            13 Kendrick Lamar 10,459,237,057
                            14 XXXTENTACION 10,301,620,978
                            15 Maroon 5 9,923,158,457
                            16 Shawn Mendes 9,661,048,291
                            17 The Chainsmokers 9,478,752,286
                            18 Ozuna 8,858,138,567
                            19 Khalid 8,806,252,870
                            20 Bruno Mars 8,739,539,236
                            21 Selena Gomez 8,374,526,591
                            22 David Guetta 8,102,141,582
                            23 Beyonce 8,101,053,862
                            24 Sia 8,045,660,176
                            25 Taylor Swift 8,022,343,508
                            26 Nicki Minaj 7,936,694,041
                            27 Queen 7,816,148,395
                            28 Tweny One Pilots 7,638,070,986
                            29 J Balvin 7,622,853,971
                            30 Chris Brown
                            7,135,998,196
                            BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
                            98 - OUT

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by MusicRecords View Post
                              Lmao I can’t at the Straight pride parade in Boston I’m pretty sure quite a few of the “straight” married macho men there are gay and in the closet
                              It is a bit unconventional to celebrate a society's majority, but I would say: 'Live and let live!' - as long as they aren't planning to take any rights away from bi- or homosexual people.
                              The US majorities look like this at the moment: Republican, Christian, straight, Caucasian/white, salespeople, people in their late 30s. Would you mind if there was a pride for any of those features?
                              Pro: freedom of speech
                              Contra: cancel culture

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by MusicRecords View Post
                                Lmao I can’t at the Straight pride parade in Boston I’m pretty sure quite a few of the “straight” married macho men there are gay and in the closet
                                Well surprise surprise that parade is full of rednecks and neckbeards, who would have thot?
                                BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
                                98 - OUT

                                Comment


                                • It’s less likely people are opposing it because of the fact that they’re straight and more because of their ties to alt-right organizations, neo-Nazis and white supremacist groups.

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by aRat View Post
                                    Oh honey

                                    The song is about Sarah wondering what kind of sex activities her cheating BF is doing with another girl, it's really explicit
                                    This Janft song tho. This is tew ratchet even for me, especially after breakfast.
                                    Originally posted by abi on GOAT
                                    You know what? UKMIX really did wonders on this song for me.

                                    I really went from not caring for this song at all to having this as my most played Mariah song of all time because of the constant mentions of this song from some of y'all here.

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                      It is a bit unconventional to celebrate a society's majority, but I would say: 'Live and let live!' - as long as they aren't planning to take any rights away from bi- or homosexual people.
                                      The US majorities look like this at the moment: Republican, Christian, straight, Caucasian/white, salespeople, people in their late 30s. Would you mind if there was a pride for any of those features?
                                      Don't act so naive. Gay pride is organized to celebrate all the progress we have made in gaining many basic human rights that straights always had & also to remind everyone that we still don't have all the basic human rights straights have.

                                      If straight pride were an outcry from an oppressed group then I’d say, go for it! However, since straights are not an oppressed group their parade doesn’t come as an expression of pride. Instead it comes as right-wing rhetoric. Straight Pride is a retaliation against gay pride by straight white right-wing people. The one month attention is dedicated to other than straight people, all of their insecurities spill out.

                                      BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
                                      98 - OUT

                                      Comment


                                      • I'm not even offended by straight pride... I think it's not necessary, however, if they want to celebrate that they are straight, who are we to tell them they can't?

                                        Also straight lovers >>> ghey lovers.
                                        My Chart

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                          Also straight lovers >>> ghey lovers.
                                          ????



                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by WEBofDESIRE View Post
                                            ????

                                            I'm a racist in all things ghey... I can't have a sexual relationship with feminine men. It's not possible. Kinky OK, but not the type who shaves all of their body hair and wears make-up et al... or the biggest NO for me is men wearing jewellery, especially silver.

                                            Basically I'm a burnt child, I repulse everything my gay cousin (he is 40) does or stands for. Family meetings are always a lot of fun bc I can't stop bullying him or make fun of him or not take him seriously. When he married, he even took the last name of his partner. I can't at him.

                                            Also he thinks he knows all things fashion and then he buys expensive brands et al, but only uglee clothes and then he flaunts it in front me and is super happy and I am like... who in 2019 wears D&G? #youngdum&broke
                                            My Chart

                                            Comment


                                            • I'm a straight lover too.
                                              Cha Cha Instructor

                                              Comment


                                              • Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                                I'm a straight lover too.
                                                yass, gurl. Whenever I'm surrounded by them, I always hear wedding bells in my head when someone looks at me for longer than 1 second.
                                                My Chart

                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                                  yass, gurl. Whenever I'm surrounded by them, I always hear wedding bells in my head when someone looks at me for longer than 1 second.
                                                  If he's married the better
                                                  Cha Cha Instructor

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                                    I'm a racist in all things ghey... I can't have a sexual relationship with feminine men. It's not possible. Kinky OK, but not the type who shaves all of their body hair and wears make-up et al... or the biggest NO for me is men wearing jewellery, especially silver.

                                                    Basically I'm a burnt child, I repulse everything my gay cousin (he is 40) does or stands for. Family meetings are always a lot of fun bc I can't stop bullying him or make fun of him or not take him seriously. When he married, he even took the last name of his partner. I can't at him.

                                                    Also he thinks he knows all things fashion and then he buys expensive brands et al, but only uglee clothes and then he flaunts it in front me and is super happy and I am like... who in 2019 wears D&G? #youngdum&broke
                                                    You sound jealous and bothered by him
                                                    BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
                                                    98 - OUT

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X